64 of 69 people found the following review helpful
Ten Reasons I Loved The Mortal Instruments,
This review is from: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass (Hardcover)
1. Amazing Heroes. I don't think there are enough words in the English language to express my love for Jace. And Simon. But specifically Jace. As a matter of fact, a speechless stance is probably the best to take anyway. If I'm not talking I can concentrate more fully on wiping away the drool.
2. Strong Heroines. Isabelle is definitely a strong female character, and so is Clary, but Clary makes some mistakes. We get to watch her grow over the course of the books, make her way, come into her own. She makes good choices - she makes poor choices. She's relatable. She's feisty. I want her for a friend.
3. Secondary Characters. There's not one token character anywhere in this entire series. All are multi-dimensional, richly drawn, vital, and each one serves at least a dual purpose. Even the Church the Cat.
4. Setting/imagery/worldbuiling/kick ass writing. You can see the lights of the Manhattan skyline and smell the scent of crisp apples and night blooming flowers. You can feel the weight of the weapon in your hand, the bass thumping against the walls of the club, the pressure of the stele as it draws the rune on your skin, and the crack in your heart as it begins to break. Whether New York City or Idris, you are THERE.
5. The covers. Do you SEE THEM? Aren't they PRETTY?
6. The fans. Best fans ever. Because we LOVE IT.
7. Cassie. She's a doll. She is vigilant about interacting with fans. She answers questions frequently on Twitter, has a Google group that she's very actively involved in, and she blogs on Live Journal as well. You can get more information about how to connect with her on her website.
8. The graphic novels! TH3RD WORLD will be publishing The Mortal Instruments as comic books in monthly installments first, then bind them together as graphic novels - one for each book. Savvy fans were treated to a sampler on Free Comic Book Day.
9. The Prequel. The Infernal Devices kicks off with CLOCKWORK ANGEL on August 31, 2010.
10. THERE ARE MORE ON THE WAY! In addition to the already anticipated THE CITY OF FALLEN ANGELS, due out spring 2011, there will be two more books in The Mortal Instruments series, making the total six in all.
Tracked by 1 customer
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 9, 2010 2:33:37 PM PST
D. Betancourt says:
OMG thanks to you now i know that there will be a 5th and 6th book to the series!!! cool! i loved the books and it seems that you did too, did you read all 3 books?
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 11:15:26 PM PST
Nicholas Evans says:
I have a question. When you download this, does one book show up or do all the books show up in your library?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›