3.0 out of 5 stars Zombies is the best thing about this overrated game, January 6, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty: Black Ops - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I said I wouldn't get anymore COD games, but I got this free from Activism because they were too lazy to fix WAW. This game is alright but overrated. I will review the multiplayer mode only.

This is one of those games where it's one shot and you're dead. I don't like it because it's inaccurate. It doesn't seem like it lags but maybe it does. Because when I watch the kill-cam, it shows someone shooting me before I shoot them, even though I thought the opposite. With better games like Halo you know where you're at on the map and trust the objects on the map. But with this inaccurate game, you can be taking cover behind a truck but still die. When I watch the kill cam it shows me acting stupid, sticking my head out or something, or like I'm not even next to the truck. It's like sometimes I'm facing someone but can only see their arm yet they can see my whole body. Like other COD games you can shoot through walls too.

I think the reason I play this game is because it lets me unlock weapons and stuff. Every time I want to switch to a new game, it lets me buy another weapon, making the game a bit more interesting.

The reason why this game is funner than games like GOW3 is that it has many multiplayer options. It has about the same modes as before, but much more than any other game besides Halo. There is capture the flag and territory games, but more than that too. I like that you get to use special equipment like cameras and radar sensors. So it's fun because you get all these options, many weapons, equipment, and kill strike attacks. And there are many maps and multiplayer options too. You can decorate your gun and your face. So there is alot of stuff to do.

I really don't like the game-play very much, it's too fast and inaccurate. It's not just me, watching the kill-cam, I notice that the average person shoots at other player's feet or something lame. The graphics aren't very good either. The story mode is fun but unrealistic.

I don't know about Modern Warfare, but this game is almost exactly like WAW, including the graphics. So whether you like this game or not don't pretend like it's too different than any other COD game out there.

The best part of this game and the reason why I kept the game is the mini zombie game. Unlike the WAW game, there aren't any major hackers. I now see that some players, playing black ops, shoot their guns without ammunition, even though it's says 0/0 bullets, no ammo in red in the middle of the screen, and the characters constantly says their out of bullets. And there might be some map glitches here and there too, where you can escape some zombie dangers. But despite this, the zombie game is awesome and is one of my favorite games. So not to be confusing, the regular black ops isn't too fun for me, but the zombie mini-game is one of my favorite games of this decade.

COD games are always overpriced and take longer to drop in price. You might as well get the newest version of COD you can instead. Keep in mind that it cost about $60 to get all the DLC for this game. But if you like zombies then you should get this one.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]