Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Fall Denim Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Rob Thomas Storm Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all furious7 furious7 furious7  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage Assassin's Creed Syndicate Shop Now Deal of the Day

1.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I got a bad one, February 7, 2011
This review is from: Jorg Gray Men's JG6500 Analog Display Quartz Black Watch (Watch)
I bought this watch because, of course, it is the Obama watch, it's good looking, and it was a reasonable price. I have about a 7 or 8 watches, so I'm kinda of a watch guy. I have an Omega Seamaster and a Tag in my collection. I also own cheaper watches.

Anyway, back to this watch. I was quite excited when I got the watch. It looked great. However, what I discovered was the second hand, the one that serves as a stop watch, did not reset exactly to the 12-o-clock position. It reset to about 2 sec past 12-o-clock. At first, I thought I could live with it, but I thought to myself I just paid $350 for this watch, it should reset exactly to 12-o-clock. I own cheaper watches that reset exactly to the 12-o-clock position. I debated whether to exchange it but I didn't want to take a chance of getting another watch that wouldn't reset properly. So I sent the watch back.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 26, 2011 3:17:57 AM PDT
Jay says:
This beautiful watch by Jorg Gray which I bought months ago works perfectly. I am a serious watch collector and this is a sensational watch. Classic in style, truly elegant, perfect in price and it is a standout in my collection of even the high priced watches. And this one was not expensive. This design by Jorg Gray, the commemorative watch, says a lot about President Obama, his taste and his thoughts about the economy.

Posted on May 22, 2011 7:22:51 PM PDT
I bought this watch from a different site and had a similar second-hand problem. I am sending it back.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2011 12:17:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 1, 2011 1:20:27 AM PDT
MilMascaras says:
Correctly resetting an "off" second hand on a chronograph is a standard adjustment procedure, just like having to manually correct the minute hand if your watch occasionally runs slightly fast or slow, or adjusting the hour hand during Daylight Savings or adjusting for month that has less than 31 days. All chronographs have a correction adjustment nudge setting for exactly this fine-tuning situation. It's probably in your instruction manual or you can do online search for "how to reset second hand on my chronograph" : The procedure "could be" pulling out main stem partial way, then clicking the other buttons to nudge hands, allowing you to nudge the second hands resting place to back to centered over the 12. The 'other' dials (complications) can also be nudged in similar manner; Hopefully your research will get you exact results for your model chronograph(s). A reason it could have gone off center is that you may have accidentally put your watch into its 'adjustment nudge' mode and didn't notice till it was too late. Every once in a while you might have to do this to a chronograph, expensive or inexpensive. The second hand being nudged off its perfect resting/default spot is not really a sign that anything is wrong with your chronograph, it could happen accidentally every once in a while...

Posted on Aug 28, 2011 10:10:47 PM PDT
snwlprd says:
Recalibrating the second hand on a Miyota OS20 is mind-numbingly simple. Check out this video, and maybe consider ordering the watch again with this knowledge.

Posted on Sep 16, 2011 10:26:15 AM PDT
Guozhao Pang says:
You can definitely reset the second hand of the stopwatch to 12 o'clock positon yourself. It is not a defect. All chrono watches have similar design. You just need to read the instruction. It is easy to do.

Posted on Dec 16, 2011 3:45:29 PM PST
"Paperbox101"
You did not get a bad watch. The Citizen movement in this watch is actually very impressive for 3600 vph movement. The second hand will look like it does not set to 12:00 if you look at it from any angle other than directly above. This is because the crystal (a beautiful anti-reflective coated sapphire). It is too bad you sent the watch back. I too have an Omega Seamaster (Planet Ocean) and a Tag (Grand Carerra) along with a Rolex and a Cartier. I too own some "cheap" watches like this - specifically this one for the "Obama wow factor!!!" This watch has become my daily wear watch. It has good weight and a great look. I never thought I'd daily wear a quartz watch, but this one is second to none!

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 7:08:56 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 20, 2011 7:19:03 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2011 7:09:56 PM PST
Jon Boyle says:
The watch I got also was off by about 3 seconds, but in the directions it says how to exactly center the second hand to the 12 o'clock position by pulling the stem out to the second position and then using the "B" button to move the second hand step-wise to the 12, then pushing the stem all the way back in and setting the watch. Very simple.

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 7:10:57 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 20, 2011 7:19:14 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 8:39:59 AM PST
Hey, it isn't the watch...must be Bush's fault! What did you expect from the "Great Pretender?" The watch is "defective" and doesn't work...just like Obama. Yeah, we got a bad one...we got Obama.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›