Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

1.0 out of 5 stars What I thought would be a good read using science to prove the existence of God ..., December 12, 2013
This review is from: The Answer: Proof of God in Heaven (Hardcover)
What I thought would be a good read using science to prove the existence of God has turned out to be a Marius Forte ramblings into reincarnation and Karma, the teaching of religions like Hinduism, not Christianity. He thinks you die and keep coming back to this life to improve yourself until you finally get accepted into Heaven. Let me quote a sentence from p.79, "Only reincarnation can explain the divine justice that we yearn for- the explanation that life is fair, people get their due and reap what they sow. It explains, though only to a certain degree, why some are born into favor and others, hardship."
Folks, that's all this book is about. He is pushing a false teaching that YOUR salvation is dependent upon anything rather than Jesus only. Marius makes Christ out to be a liar because Jesus said, I am the (only) way. What Forte is saying is that YOU are responsible for improving your soul until it can be found acceptable by God. Pure rubbish!
Forte's ideas are directly opposed to the Bible, but right in line with New Age thinking. Who should you believe, Christ or Forte. DUH!
What a waste of time and money and I bought two books to give as presents. Now they will be filed properly in the trash.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 6 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 28, 2014 5:44:14 PM PDT
Jeff MccOmas says:
How does anyone know what happens after death? Personally I think the party is over. Houdini told his wife on his death bed if there is any way he can contact her after his death he will, he died halloween 1926 they have had a seance(sp) every year since then, absolutely no response. You be the judge..

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2014 8:36:42 PM PDT
Matt says:
LOL. So because dead people can't contact with living people, there's no afterlife? Great logic.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2014 11:08:32 PM PDT
I and others have witnessed my grandpa coming back to me twice and a 3rd time when I was alone. To read my story (written for kids) go to http://godsjoyfulservant.com

I have just recently convinced my doubting older brother that he in fact did see our dad after he passed on. Why my older brother and not me? My brother was named after my dad.

My 58 year young nephew who grew up with me as a brother was dying of a brain tumor
(same thing my grandpa died of) said on the morning he died to his newly wed wife (his only wife) and relatives and friends at his bedside, "please let me go; they are coming for me."

Do you think he wanted to go if he saw horrible beings or darkness?

Before my doubting mother passed, I told her she was see her parents waiting to help her to make the transition and she did not believe in life after death. She believed when you die that's it, nothing more.

It was so hard for her to tell me I was right.

Just because the trickster Houdini did not live up to his pledge does not discount the thousands who have had real afterlife experiences which have been witnessed by others,
others who are impartial, even doubters like yourself, even strangers that have no ties to the deceased or the relative the deceased returned to.

Good luck. When I was 6, I was terrified of death. I almost died when I was 3 days old having contracted a staph infection at birth and went from 8lbs 6oz to 4lbs 3 oz in 3 days
but against all the doctors and hospital administration, she took me home to die in my bed or get better.

I figured out bu age of 10, if I die and there's nothing, I won't know I'm dead, and if
there's something, how could I be dead.

Fear gone! God Bless You, may you see the Light soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2014 4:55:13 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 29, 2014 4:57:21 AM PDT
You're basing the existence of life after death on something Houdini said to his wife 100 years ago that you weren't around to hear, didn't know if he was a true christian and saved, and assumed even if he was he could contact her? ....and it be through a seance of all things? I'm sorry, but that is beyond an ignorant view on how you could gather your opinion. Wow. Read your bible. If you do not have one....buy one. If you have no money, I will send you one.

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 5:33:30 PM PDT
flyerfan says:
if you really looked into this book then you would know that Sam Sorbo is a female

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2014 6:45:35 PM PDT
bippy1234 says:
Jeff, have you have thought that maybe Houdini isn't the one in control of whether he could contact his wife or not . Your post smacks of ignorance and shows that you have not intact studied the research done in the area of veridical near death experiences in which former skeptic sam parnia, after his aware research has renamed these experiences veridical actual death experiences.

If you want to believe this is the end , that is your right but your belief is a belief based on ignorance and not where the evidences is a trying to point to.

I would suggest opening your web browser and start research the powerful evidence that veridical nde's give about the survival of the soul after death as will as the world famous scole research that lasted 5 years,instead of basing your belief that this is the end bases on one failed attempt in a seance.

Heck, even a rudimentary research into the shroud of turin should cause you to at least suspend your hasty non believe in survival.

An honest seeker seeks honestly
And as an inclusivist Christian I believe that God just wants us to seek him honestly with all our hearts and he will take care of the rest.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2014 12:31:06 PM PDT
How much credence can you give to a reviewer who doesn't know that Houdini was Jewish? His father was a Rabbi for God's sake!! Try some other reading besides the Bible before you go calling someone else "ignorant".

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2014 12:35:23 PM PDT
I thought he was the guy who played Hercules in the movies and on TV. Some Woman!!

Posted on Apr 30, 2014 12:11:44 PM PDT
Jacob Dyer says:
i am an atheist, but what is writing about makes more sense than the that it all comes/down to whether you believe in Jesus. Serial child murderer, but you became a christian? In.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2014 3:07:43 AM PDT
Joseph Cross says:
And you are basing your entire life around a book that is two thousand years old (well, not exactly) which has been translated countless times through countless different languages: how could anything go wrong? Besides: biases, words mean different things in different languages, there are no words for certain words of different languages, zero evidence of authorship (or conflicting 'evidence'), the small issue of absolute power given to some, and not others, and etc... Ad nauseam! No idea why I'm posting this, your mind is made up.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›