1.0 out of 5 stars 3 defective units received, July 7, 2010
This review is from: Cuisinart SP-2 Stainless Steel Rechargeable Salt and Pepper Mills (Kitchen)
Purchased 2 for gifts- both were defective-returned to Amazon and they replaced 1 unit-this also was defective. Seems to be problem with the charging unit. 1 unit- the charging indicator light stayed red for both mills. 2 units- only 1 of the mills showed green on the charging unit.

Amazon's customer service rep, Jane, has been extremely helpful in trying to get this resolved. I am hoping that this was just a bad lot sent to them and that they can replaced them. My kitchen has many Cusinart products and this is the first time I have had any issue with this manufacture's products.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 23, 2010 4:56:18 AM PDT
Kevin says:
I have the exact same problem. Purchased one set and the charging indicator stayed red after 72 hours of charging. Amazon sent out a replacement unit and the same problem exists. The charging lights do not turn green indicating the units are charged.
I will now have to go back to Amazon again. Don't know whether to continue this process or just return both sets of mills and receive a credit.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2010 10:20:21 AM PDT
E. Marzano says:
My Wife just received these as a gift and has the same problem. Did you ever find a resolution?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2010 1:21:02 PM PDT
After having received 4 of these units and all defective, my personal advise would be to just get a credit. Even though there are some positive reviews, I think Cusinart must have sent Amazon a shipment of defective goods.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2010 1:23:33 PM PDT
No resolution was ever achieved. I would suggest that you return them. It appears that Cusinart must have encountered problems with this item. I received 4 defective units.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2010 3:08:38 AM PDT
E. Marzano says:
After 1 full week of charging... our pepper grinder finally turned green. Both of our grinders now appear to be working properly.

Posted on Dec 25, 2010 11:45:18 AM PST
ERO - Edge says:
Purchased mine from Boston Store - Cuisinart makes some of the best looking products - some just don't work well or last long... our set came out of the box where one of the mills would not take a charge... one would. This led me to believe it was a return and put back on the shelf... I can't prove that so we will be returning our set disappointed. we are now going to focus on a battery operated model...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2010 9:36:59 AM PST
Same problem here, I recieved mine for a Christmas gift, (purchased at London Drugs) and it now has been plugged in for 3 days and is still showing red ( charging) no green charged lights. Reading the above reviews, seems like it is Cuisinart product defect. Hopefully they will replace or credit me. Getting a replacement doesnt seem to be the answer as indicated above.

Posted on Jul 31, 2011 1:30:31 PM PDT
Oracle-Ace says:
Why doesn't Amazon provide a representative writing here to answer these product criticisms. Why is the only answer to these difficulties with the product to just return it. Why doesn't an Amazon representative contact Cusinart and get an answer as to why the product is failing and what Cusinart tells them they plan to do about it which the Amazon rep would report here.

Posted on Feb 10, 2012 5:15:24 PM PST
Jerry says:
Same problem with charging. I got new Duracell rechargable batteries with charger from Costco, charged those batteries, and replaced the original batteries. The grinders have been working great for over six months. We place them on the charger every 3 or 4 days and they are good to go in a couple of hours.
Should I have had to make the extra effort or pay the additional expense? No, but we like them so well,as they are adjustable, I am back to Amazon for a second set for our vacation home!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2012 4:06:50 PM PDT
I find this product extremely poorly made. Salt leaks, and pepper shaker won't grind the peppercorn I placed in it. I am thinking to get a full refund of this product directly from Cusiniart.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.0 out of 5 stars (444 customer reviews)

Used & New from: $90.00