5.0 out of 5 stars Great Laptop!, July 26, 2012
This review is from: HP Pavilion g6-1d80nr 15.6-Inch Laptop (Dark Gray) (Personal Computers)
*Note: This is an updated review. Updated on, 3/7/2013

Ok, before purchasing this product, I searched and searched everywhere for other laptops. I'm not too technical when it comes to computers. To me, a computer is a computer. However, as a college student, I do want something that runs fast and smooth yet inexpensive. So my super old laptop broke, when I mean old, I mean Windows XP old. I went on the hunt for a new laptop. I know there are better ones out there, but I do recommend this laptop if you're looking for something that is not expensive and runs VERY smooth and fast!

If you're on a budget, this laptop will work for you. It's not expensive and it has a lot of amazing cool features that will satisfy all your entertainment needs. Videos on Hulu and/or Netflix work well. I haven't had a problem yet. Games also run smoothly. If you're a Sim player, then this laptop will run it smoothly, and without a problem.

Webcam is pretty cool, too. Although it's not HD quality or anything, it still takes view-able pictures and videos. Works well with Skype and other third party communication applications. The sound is okay, not too fancy like I expected, but it's good quality.

Not only do I use this laptop for entertainment, it's indeed very useful for school. As a college student, we depend on our computers to function, this laptop has not let me down yet.

In the end, I do recommend. Funny thing, my sister bought one after I did and she loves it too.

*Update, August 2012:

The computer is still fine, working properly, no problems whatsoever! I use it all the times for school, since the Fall is now beginning! Even if you're not in school, it is still good for your entertainment needs, and all your other necessities!

*Update, March 2013

It's the Spring term, and the computer has not let me down yet. Everything works fine. I have two writing classes, which all deal with research, and it's really easy to do with this computer. It's still fast and reliable. The only problem that I'm seeing is that it's overheating. It just overheats quickly. I think this is because of me playing too much Sims 3 during my freetime (which I have none, oh my, haha). So, what I suggest you do is purchase a laptop cooling fan. That's what I did, and the computer is not overheating anymore, thank God! If you do purchase a fan, please make sure it's the right one for your laptop. In terms of size, etc.

I still recommend this laptop to anyone. Although Windows 8 is out, I think you should hold on getting Windows 8.

-Andrew

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 27, 2012 11:39:11 AM PDT
Good review very helpful.

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 1:17:52 PM PST
N. Nolen says:
Can the ram on this computer be upgraded to 8GB?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 5:22:26 PM PST
I don't know, sorry!

Posted on Feb 14, 2013 3:59:56 PM PST
Woody says:
Thanks for your follow up...

Posted on Apr 1, 2013 5:50:11 AM PDT
Maryjean says:
How is your battery life?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2013 6:31:37 AM PDT
Andrew says:
Battery life is great so far. In the summer it will be a year since I purchased this laptop and it seems like the battery isn't dying as quick. Can't tell you how long I use it without the charger connected because I haven't tried it. But I will try it this week and let you know how long it lasts without the charger connected. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2013 4:11:01 AM PDT
Amber P. says:
What sims expansions and stuff pack you have installed? What are your settings? This interested me lol

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2013 12:10:09 PM PDT
Andrew says:
Hey! Ok, I have 8 expansions: Generations, Late Night, Supernatural, Ambitions, Seasons, University, Pets and Island Paradise. For me, it runs well on this laptop. Yes, it has its occasional lags and freezes, but overall, it works perfectly for me. All my settings are default, but I know I made some changes to one thing there..can't remember. I'll try and post a picture of the settings in a bit.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.8 out of 5 stars (68 customer reviews)

Out of stock