Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great for Cooking and Baking, September 30, 2012
This review is from: Artisan Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat - 2 Pack (Kitchen)
It works great for cooking and baking! A reusable substitute for wax and parchment paper. I recommend reading the instructions and details that come on the package. You don't need to oil or spray down before putting food on it. I sometimes sprinkle flour first if I'm baking something like pizza or bread on the surface. Just place food on the mat on a tray, and pop it in the oven. Don't exceed the temperature range, don't scrub it with the back side of a sponge, and don't cut on it - in fact, avoid using anything near it that could potentially cut it, because once it's cut you can't use it anymore.

I am pleasantly surprised that it has not blackened like all other mats do and that the quality has remained the same since I bought it (probably used them about 30 times in the oven since). I also use it for rolling out dough and fondant - Not an ideal surface, because it gets sticky, but at least it's cleaner than using my kitchen countertop. I have yet to try it with chocolate and candy making, but I'll update once I have.

3 Month update: Still awesome, I use these about twice a week. The only thing that's stained has been a tomato-oil sauce. I have now tried the mats w candy making (ie, pipe melted chocolate on it, and throw it in the fridge or freezer), and it worked really well. Only problem is if you're gonna roll up the mat to make a curved 3D piece, note the candy/chocolate will stick to both sides and you'll need parchment paper on one side. Alternatively, potentially try corn starch to avoid sticking? I have yet to try this technique.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 3, 2012 10:51:22 AM PDT
Min says:
What's the temperature range. The description doesn't say anything about that.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 11:03:27 AM PDT
L. Cramer says:
Oh gosh, I already threw out the package. I'm going to go on a limb and guess 475 deg. So I'm not 100% sure, but this is just what I seem to remember it being.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2013 2:00:50 AM PST
Hi,..so exactly how is this diff over parchment paper...besides the washable feature? or is that the only main diff? thank you

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2014 4:44:36 AM PST
SuzieQ says:
Min, the blurb here says the temperature range is -40 to 480 degrees.

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 5:29:15 PM PST
To L. Cramer: Thank you so much that you are coming back here to update us with your cooking updates! I feel like I have connected to a cooking show!!! What a bonus!!!

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 12:31:27 PM PDT
thank you for the tip about parchment paper when rolling up 3d shapes

Posted on Apr 17, 2014 9:12:56 PM PDT
Ryan R. says:
Jolly Chef Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat - Stain-resistant - Fits Perfectly in your Cookie Sheet - 7.9 x 15.8 inches - Free Recipe Ebook - FDA Certified - 100% Money back Guarantee! I recommend this mat for the price. It is just as good as these artisan ones. I am not sure if I can post this here though?

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 9:55:01 AM PDT
JMCO says:
I have this Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat and I love it. I also got this Classique Julienne Vegetable Peeler & Slicer - Stainless Steel Construction - Ultra Sharp Blades - Ergonomic Handle - Smooth Operation - Dishwasher-Safe - Sprialize, Peel, Julienne & Slice Raw Vegetables In Seconds - Save Time Preparing Healthy Meals Bu... and it is amazing.

Posted on Jul 8, 2015 7:33:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 8, 2015 7:34:17 AM PDT
L. Cramer says:
3 Year update: still works great :) But lost some of it's initial new-ness, no longer sticky, needs oil spray before baking some things at this point. Definitely stained, but I use it for everything on a baking sheet. Still very happy. Better than plopping food straight on the baking sheet for sure.

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 2:57:37 AM PDT
JMCO says:
I have this Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set and I love it. I also got this Classique Martini Glasses with Freezer Gel Insulation Sets Of 2 Or 4 with Martini Recipe Ebook, Atomizer and Funnel and it is amazing.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›