1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THESE JEANS IF YOU LIKED THE WAY THAT 569's FIT IN 2009!!!, June 6, 2011
This review is from: Levi's Men's 569 Loose Straight Leg Jean (Apparel)
Dear Levi's,

Someone should sue you for false advertising. What part of "LOOSE" do you not understand? I'm a 34Wx36L and I have worn Levi's jeans since 1990. They always fit me better than any other jeans and the 569 series was always the most comfortable for me. So why would you change the cut so much and still keep the same number AND "loose" on the label???? Do you think anyone else that has been buying these jeans for a long time is going to keep buying them and not notice how much tighter they are?? This is the biggest crock ever! Everyone who bought these jeans for the comfort they USED to provide now has to find another brand. Nice marketing idiots. I ordered 4 new pairs last week and returned them all today. Now I have to find a new brand because these were the only Levi's jeans that fit me well. Anyone who is not a woman and does not have toothpick legs will hate the new 569's.

DO NOT BUY THESE JEANS IF YOU LIKED THE WAY THAT 569's FIT IN 2009!!! THEY HAVE CHANGED THE CUT DRAMATICALLY AND THEY NOW FIT LIKE "SKINNY" JEANS.

If anyone out there knows of any brands of jeans that fit like the old 569's please let me know. Thanks.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 15, 2011 7:18:17 PM PDT
M. Morrison says:
Someone commented on the Carhartt Men's Loose Fit Jean and the comparison to 569.. Have look. I have not tried them but doing research and came across the information.

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 9:14:44 AM PST
Soufpaw says:
I SHARE THE SAME ISSUE. I am a 34x36 as well, and I have had a few that fit like skinny jeans, and have received 36 inseams that fit like 34s. this is unacceptable.

It's good to know that someone else feels the same as I do.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2012 6:55:31 AM PST
Lou says:
FYI - I just bought these jeans called "Seth" from "The Buckle" for $60. They are the only jeans that I could find that fit a lot like the old 569's. Too bad they cost about 2x as much as the old 569's did. I tried jeans on everywhere and these are the best that I found. There is no dumber fashion trend than the new toothpick leg look. Apparently anything that makes a man look heterosexual is against the modern fashion code.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 12:16:38 PM PST
L. Rockey says:
My son has been a die hard 569 for yrs as well and we have been having the same problem finding a replacement but finally he found something similar (not exact, but close) to the old way 569's fit him. I don't know you're age and I know American Eagle seems like a young store but they have loose fit jeans there that are close to the same fit and not too much different in price considering you can get them on sale most of the time. I hope this helps!

Posted on Aug 3, 2013 3:37:37 PM PDT
Jane R. says:
The Wrangler "competition" jean is a loose fit a bit like the old 569. However that is the only loose wrangler I know of.
I am a women who is struggling to find anything that fits. I am not over weight but do not have tooth pick legs either, nor do I want a draft evertime I attempt to bend over in the skinny fit jeans. I can't wait for these to go away.

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 2:35:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2013 2:42:03 PM PST
jackie keys says:
559 relaxed fit my husband loves them. He hates the fit of anything tight and that's why he loves Levis, I definitely recommend 559 relaxed fit. Beware some 559's are relaxed fit skinny. KOHLS in store and online is the best place to find them.

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 10:45:38 AM PST
Quicksylver says:
I received my 569's today and they were 36x36 and I should have listened to all the reviews... Apparently they're STILL too tight on the thighs and I'm average weight. The older style was so much more comfortable. Levi is going to lose some money from this style change, but if they're still making this style since 2011 to 2014, they must be making a profit from someone. Looks like I'll have to shop elsewhere.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.4 out of 5 stars (800 customer reviews)

$48.00 $19.95 - $39.99