Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Keyboard. Solid aluminum construction., October 16, 2011
The Apple usb keyboard is great!!!

Apples Usb Keyboard is perfect for people who will be doing lots of data or number entry, or math homework, lol. This is also better for people who will being typing papers or documents frequently. Apple's bluetooth keyboard (as opposed to this usb keyboard) does not have a number pad, and is also significantly more cramped than this keyboard, which is why this is a better choice for work or even gaming... Plus a usb attachment is much more reliable than its bluetooth competitor.

Another plus side is that you will never go to start typing a paper or do your homework, only to remember your Apple bluetooth keyboards batteries died the night before. This has happened to me before....

If you are left handed you may want to go for the Bluetooth keyboard, because the Num pad is obviously useless.... Also, if you plan to use a long usb extender, you may just want to buy the wireless apple keyboard. I have had issue with this keyboard loosing power using a 3 or 4 foot usb extension. (another thing is if you are a neat freak you want to buy a keyboard cover, the white keys of this keyboard get really gross fast!!!)

The bottom line is if you don't mind the usb cord and want to save a little cash, buy this keyboard.

If you want the ease of wireless, don't plan to enter a lot of numbers, or write lengthy papers and the extra cash isn't an issue. Go for the Bluetooth Apple Keyboard!!!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 29, 2012 7:40:12 PM PST
Actually ,I love the fact that the numeric keypad is on the right, since I mouse with the left hand...

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 12:05:49 PM PST
Jete' says:
Can you tell me about how long the USB cord is? I don't want to use an extender (especially after your review ;o) ), but I have a bit of distance to contend with for my setup. thanks so much!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2012 6:08:15 PM PST
asdf says:
Hey, Just measured it and from the edge of the keyboard to the tip of the usb it's about 35.25". the included extensions is equally as long.(also the included extension looks really good) Also i figured id mention you can get some really nice refurbished apple bluetooth keyboards cheap, such as bestbuy.com for 49.99(thats where I bought mine). I also saw a apple bluetooth keyboard and magic mouse combo for 65$ on ebay last night. you may check those out, unless your really needing the number pad.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2012 6:11:54 PM PST
asdf says:
Wow, im right handed, but I never thought about that! Thats a really good point, some of the people I go to school with complain about a lack of good left handed keyboards (especially for using Visual Studio) but that does seem like it would work out pretty easily.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 10:09:40 AM PST
Jete' says:
Wow! Thank you so much for the actual measurements! You didn't have to go to so much trouble. :) Thanks also for the shopping tips. I have the wireless now, and after giving it 4 months to get used to it, I've decided that despite my love of the size and wireless, I just can't live without a full number pad. Odd that apple doesn't make that option in a wireless?!... Anyway thank you so much!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 10:32:51 AM PST
asdf says:
hey it wasn't a problem, I had a tape measure, and the keyboard within reach of my desk. What my buddy did was he already had the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard/Magic trackpad, then he bought his really cool little device called the "MagicConnector" (I bought one off here to for 30$, it makes the two devices one piece). he found an open box "Mobee magic numpad" on Amazon warehouse for about 17$, which turns your trackpad into a numpad. "Voila" one piece Apple bluetooth keyboard with number pad, though even if you already have the magic trackpad and bluetooth keyboard, it would still cost the same to just buy a wired keyboard and have a spare lol.(47-60$ to build a wireless bluetooth keyboard with number pad, 50$ for new apple wired keyboard? :/ )
Let me know if you have any other questions!!!

Then theres always these things? though it is over priced, and has poor reviews.
<http://www.amazon.com/Cropmark-AG-WKP-1314-Bluetooth Keypad/dp/B004CB56XE/ref=sr_1_2s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1330107899&sr=1-2>

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 9:53:28 AM PDT
epcotguru says:
Why would the num pad be obviously useless? That seems a bit harsh. As a left-handed person, I mouse on the right and use the key pad on the right. The num pad always been an important feature. In fact, the lack of 10-key on the standard Mac keyboard is why I'm looking to buy another keyboard. For those who want wireless and the 10-key perhaps a good alternative would be the Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 for Mac. It is my other front runner. Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 for Mac - Silver (920-003472)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 10:50:25 AM PDT
asdf says:
I really like that Logitech keyboard, keep me posted if you give it a try. I've been pondering gifting my apple wireless to my little brother, and grabbing one. I've had a few people jump all over me now about my left handed comment lol. My friend is left handed and hates his because he uses the mouse w/ his left hand, on the left side of the keyboard. He's the only left handed Mac user I know, so I kinda ignorantly assumed all leftys had the same experience. Didn't mean to offend anyone. It would be cool if apple made a reverse layout keyboard, even if it was only available at the time of purchase w/ a desktop. My buddy uses his iMac to enter data into spreadsheets for his buisness, so it's a bit awkward reaching over the keyboard to the numpad.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 11:24:46 AM PDT
epcotguru says:
I will! Thanks for the kind reply.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2015 4:06:36 PM PST
Adam B. says:
im right handed, but would prefer the numeric pad on the left, go figure.. there isnt a perfect design. too bad the keyboard is not illuminated
‹ Previous 1 Next ›