The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
3.0 out of 5 stars Great product with some customer service reservations (SNAFU rectified, but still happened), December 22, 2011
This review is from: TCL L40FHDF12TA 40-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LCD HDTV with 2-Year Warranty (2011 Model) (Electronics)
UPDATE 12/27/11:

Since writing this review, I was contacted by phone both by TCL directly and the management of A&D Electronics and they are currently shipping me a new unit, 2-day air, and have profusely apologized for the extensive communication issues I received during the service process.

I still believe TCL would benefit from a significant investment and restructuring in their customer service workflow, and the frustrations of my customer-service experience will weigh into my decision to purchase again from them. But they have finally resolved my issue in a very high-touch manner, so I have moved my original review of one star to three stars. I hope that others who experience similar customer service woes can also find resolution for their issues.

--------
ORIGINAL REVIEW: (1 Star)

I have loved this TV and actually bought two more, for my family and my office. The picture quality for the price is unbeatable. However, after 5 months, the screen developed a weird issue where a 2 inch strip of pixels displayed a reversed (left to right) image. I call customer service, and after a long wait talked with someone who took my info and asked me to unplug the TV and plug it back in. When that didn't work, she said "I cannot help you further, so I'm escalating your case to level 2." She gave me a different number to call which is for some company called AD Electronics USA. I called it for 4 days straight and got a perpetual busy signal. Finally, I was able to get through. The guy I talked with (cs10@adelectronicsusa.com) asked me to email him my receipt and a short description of the problem, and then said he would call me back because they were closing for the night.

That was 10 days ago. He will not respond via email or phone. So I'm stuck with a broken TV and little recourse to get it fixed. I am absolutely flabbergasted at how this company treats customers and sick that I have loudly recommended it to other people as a quality TV.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Dec 23, 2011 5:13:52 AM PST
Hi Brandon, we apologize for your unfortunate customer service experience. Please be assured that your issue will be quickly addressed and your 2 year limited warranty is intact.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 10 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 72 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 22, 2011 10:48:15 AM PST
JT says:
I am confused.. Did you not have a warranty in effect?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2011 11:45:49 AM PST
Brandon Barr says:
Yes, just six months into a 2 year manufaturer warranty. When you call TCL for service, they simply ask you to unplug your TV and plug it back in, and if that doesn't work they move you to "Level 2" service which is administered by an external company. That company is nearly impossible to reach (the 877 number is often busy or hard to reach) and I haven't been able to get a call back from the department let alone a repairmen out for warranty service yet.

I finally emailed the president of the company (found his email by Googling) and he promised that someone would be in touch shortly to arrange a repair. But this is after 10 hours of my time and nearly 2 weeks of waiting for replies. Not a recommended buy if you want good customer service in case something goes faulty. And I say that having bought 3 of these and recommended to many friends.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2011 11:49:24 AM PST
JT says:
Thanks for sharing. I have this TV sitting in a box and plan on giving as a gift so kind of too late to turn back now for me. Can you possibly share the presidents email in the event anybody else gets screwed? Also I am wondering if Amazon themselves can/would do anything about this if you dont get the help you need. Have you gone down that path at all?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2011 12:27:30 PM PST
Brandon Barr says:
It's a great TV - they'll be very happy assuming nothing goes wrong. Amazon offered a partial refund but it was past the window for a return. The president blamed some power outages in Canada for the communication issues so hopefully they'll get their act together and get it repaired and I'm just an isolated incident. I will post an update once the repair is complete.

Posted on Dec 23, 2011 12:12:38 AM PST
Sister MKS says:
Thanks! I would have purchased and appreciate the warning. Been there. Sucks!!! Katherine

Posted on Dec 23, 2011 12:26:52 AM PST

Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2011 1:12:48 AM PST
CalamityJoe says:

Posted on Dec 23, 2011 4:58:49 AM PST
funny movies says:
wow thanks foe the warning

A comment by the manufacturer   (What's this?)
Posted on Dec 23, 2011 5:13:52 AM PST
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.1 out of 5 stars (743 customer reviews)

Used & New from: $449.00