Customer Discussions > Technique forum

Wait for reviews before buying. EU pressings *full* of glitches.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 20, 2008 6:14:15 PM PDT
obsidianic says:
See topic title, and also visit this page for a thread regarding the shoddy remastering that went into this series: http://www.neworderonline.com/Forums/MessageList.aspx?ThreadID=43684

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2008 11:31:05 AM PDT
FAC257 says:
Yes, I have read about these problems. I am very disappointed.

I have been a hard core New Order fan for a long time and have been waiting for high quality remastered versions for years. I have heard New Order members in interviews describe the loyalty of their fans. One reason for our loyalty is the great care that the band has historically taken with producing quality work. But Peter Hook himself acknowledges these problems on his Myspace.com blog. I hope that the problems are fixed. But as Mr. Hook describes the problems and the process of resolving them, it is difficult for me to see how they will correct the problem in time for the November 11, 2008 release that amazon.com reports as the date for these remastered recordings. So I'm definitely going to wait until I see what others say about the quality. This is very, very disappointing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2008 8:38:50 AM PST
An update: forum member "Poptone" posted this at http://www.neworderonline.com/Forums/MessageList.aspx?ThreadID=43684 (on the fourth page of the thread, post dated 13/11/2008 4:53:06 PM):

"Rhino Records called me back today, after having left a phone message with their customer service department. [The caller] did confirm that the label and band are sorting out the problem and that it'll be done shortly after the holidays. He said Rhino offers their apology and gave me the option of either (a) returning the albums now for a full refund or online store credit or, (b) hang on to the albums for now and he'd call me back when the details/plans are finalized, sometime in January, in all likelihood."

I'm very glad to hear that Rhino are indeed doing right by these releases, even if it's after the fact. I've returned my pre-ordered copies to Amazon and will place a fresh order for the corrected editions whenever they become available in 2009. Here's hoping the wait is worth it.

Posted on Aug 1, 2009 6:52:59 PM PDT
i went to the rhino website (distribution arm for the united states) and saw the reissue will be available 8/25/2009.

also: If you have previously received the 2008 issue of this title and would like to request a corrected replacement bonus disc, please contact Dr. Rhino at drrhino@rhino.com.

this is true for all the 2-disc editions of the new order factory albums
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Technique forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Oct 20, 2008
Latest post:  Aug 1, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Technique
Technique by New Order (Vinyl - 1990)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (77)