Customer Discussions > The Sun Also Rises forum

rip off pricing

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2011 10:41:51 PM PST
G. Campbell says:
kindle prices are often 20% higher than Kobo - did I make a mistake by buying Kindle - I think so

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 11:39:42 AM PDT
If all you're going to read on Kindle is Ernest Hemingway or John Steinbeck, then yes, you probably did make a mistake buying it.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 7:35:58 PM PST
The publishers are certainly gouging the public when they charge over $12 for a kindle edition that costs a few cents to produce and distribute (marginal cost obviously) but it is not Amazon's fault and they should not be blamed. The publishers and Apple got together and agreed to fix prices. Some of them are now being sued in the US and the UK for this. Personally, when I find a kindle edition that is higher priced than the physical book I buy a second hand copy or borrow it from the library and then send an email to the publisher saying "that's what you get for being greedy. A hundred percent of zero is zero." If enough of us do this they may realise that their greed is going to cost them in the longer run; already some authors are realising that this pricing model is not in their interest and are publishing directly online.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Sun Also Rises forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Sun Also Rises (Scribner Classics)
The Sun Also Rises (Scribner Classics) by Ernest Hemingway (Paperback - March 1, 1987)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (1,047)