is rising apart of the solid story?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 2, 2010 2:31:40 PM PDT
when MGS4 ended, there were two questions that were never answered. 1 was asked in portable ops. (i'll not ruin it for those who did not play it) and the other was in MGS4. it was that they never really explained why the patriots turned raiden into that ninja. now, the next two games: 1 takes place after portable ops. (peace walker) and the other you get to play as raiden as the ninja. (rising) so, i think peace walker will explain portable ops, and rising will explain why they turned him into that ninja. so, i do think rising will be apart of the solid story. does anybody else believe this?

Posted on Jun 3, 2010 8:34:10 AM PDT
Bones says:
From the Metal Gear wiki:

"Sunny was later rescued by Raiden, who was badly tortured in the process and converted into the fourth Cyborg Ninja."

I believe this will be the central plot of Rising, which should be considered part of the overall canon of MGS.

David Hayter (voice of Snake) was recently on the official Kojima Productions podcast and was giving some hints that he will be voicing a character in rising, so Solid Snake will likely be making a cameo...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2010 8:22:12 PM PDT
That's what I don't get, how can a badly tortured man, escape captivity and rescue someone in the process? Especially if he's so messed up, he needs to be turned into a cyborg. I mean Raiden is more bada** than people give him credit for (he did beat Big Boss's perfect clone after all), but jesus! Unless he has some Big Boss cells in him himself (which isnt a farfetched concept in Hideo's world), then I can't see how he managed it.

Im really looking forward to this game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2010 8:23:22 PM PDT
Corey Farkas says:
....?

He gets injured and captured during the rescue process. This can happen in varying ways.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2010 10:21:32 PM PDT
You throw in the "...?" as if the answer is obvious. If it was you would have given some sort of event that would have lead to the missions success as an example. Him being injured and captured during the rescue process didnt answer anything, again, how can a man so badly injured, that he needed to be turned into a Cyborg, manage to free himself and rescue someone else?

You cant do anything if you body is so damaged, the only option to save you life is to pull a Six Million Dollar man!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2010 1:37:10 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 26, 2010 1:37:48 PM PDT
GT says:
If you want to know why happened it is mentioned in the site I listed below: Also I have put what happened and how he became the cyborg ninja you see in MGS4.

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Raiden

"Post-Big Shell"

"Raiden and Rosemary began living together, but the tragic memories of his days as a child soldier started to resurface, causing tension in their relationship. He began drinking heavily, and getting into fights and eventually decided to leave her."

"Raiden learned from Big Mama, in exchange for the location of Big Boss that he obtained from GW, that Olga's daughter, Sunny, was being held in Area 51, and successfully rescued her with the help of Big Mama and the Paradise Lost. After hearing of Rosemary's miscarriage and subsequent remarriage to Roy Campbell, Raiden became despondent. He left Sunny in the care of Otacon and Snake. Afterwards, he left to wander the Earth. Raiden studied scouting techniques under a Native American shaman living in Alaska, and learned to hunt. He then began work on retrieving Big Boss's remains from the Patriots for the Paradise Lost Army, leading to his capture. As a prisoner, the Patriots used Raiden as a test subject for experiments in exoskeletal enhancement surgery, during which he had his head and spine excised from his body from his lower jaw down and subsequently grafted into an enhanced synthetic body."

"With the help of the Paradise Lost Army, Raiden managed to escape his captivity. After undergoing surgery to clear his body of nanomachines and being saved by Dr. Drago Pettrovich Madnar, he was successful in reclaiming Big Boss's remains from the Patriots. He briefly made his first communication to Snake in years during the mission, but had to abruptly end the call due to the Patriots firing on him. The enhancements implanted throughout Raiden's body, however, were too severe to allow him to live a normal life again. He elected to disappear from the life of his fiancee, Rosemary."

"Upon receiving orders from Big Mama to assist Snake and lead him to the Paradise Lost Army, Raiden set out into battle once more. "

Posted on Dec 18, 2011 9:42:53 AM PST
Joel says:
its just a spin off now..still worth buying

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 9:04:48 AM PST
Nyghtz Dream says:
It's probably not a spin off. But... people seriously stop over analyzing and just look forward to the game.

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 4:14:40 PM PST
no, it's not that. it's just, mgs4 didn't explain a few things. one of wich is about raiden. i was hoping this will explain it. and, i saw a documentary about this game, according to that, this is a sequel to mgs4.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 3:15:25 PM PST
Crabman says:
I personally see this as an alternate universe. One that has Bayonetta like physics.

Besides, MGS cannon stopped being straight since the second game.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jun 2, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance - Xbox 360
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance - Xbox 360 by Konami (Xbox 360)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (147)