Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 36 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 20, 2011 5:05:05 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on May 25, 2012 9:53:59 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2011 5:13:27 AM PST
A. Simoes says:
Hi MacKinnon-

I had posted on how many inquiries i would get regading the rocker and play sleeper (yellow with polka dots) My son had torticollis and plagiocephaly..Diagnosed at 4 months with External Hydro ...I'm just wondering, because when I was taking my baby to physical therapy, I had described the yellow rocker with the polka dots and the physical therapist has told me that it was really strange because many of the babies that were going to her to them for therapy were owners of this rocker...hmmm ..
They need to take this off the market!!!!!
Could you please email me on my personal email AndreiaAzoia@yahoo.com

Posted on Jan 21, 2011 5:29:27 AM PST
C-Reader says:
Seems like it causes this issue for some, and works ok for others. I think Fisher Price could make slight adjustments and it would solve the problem. I wish they would!

Posted on Jan 22, 2011 10:28:44 PM PST
a.l. says:
omg, i was set to buy until i read these particular reviews. i must say thanks in advance, ill stick w/a bouncer. i'd rather be safe than sorry.

Posted on Jan 24, 2011 1:52:03 AM PST
thanks for the heads up---without this info, I very well would have bought this item...not now!

Posted on Feb 6, 2011 9:57:41 PM PST
Mercy says:
It's one of the top selling baby items, so I'm not surprised that several people own one. They probably also own several other baby items in common. Shall we blame the giraffe teether? Before anyone goes making wild accusations, is there any link between those health problems and this product?

Posted on Feb 9, 2011 4:51:51 PM PST
nat1976 says:
I am so glad that people are reading the warnings and not buying this the way it is built. I am 100% sure that it caused my son's flat head. I wore my baby during the day, did lots of tummy time- I did everything the same as I did with my first child except I had him sleep in the rocker! My first son has a beautiful round head, and my second- flat. I hope Fisher Price fixes this product or pulls it off shelves.

Posted on Feb 11, 2011 9:17:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 11, 2011 9:18:44 AM PST
Kari says:
We could not live without this sleeper and we did not experience any problems at all. Any time you allow an infant to remain only in a recline position, it will cause problems. You are not supposed to allow your infant to remain in this sleeper 24/7! Just like if you constantly hold your infant in your arms and never put it down, it would probably have problems too. I think a lot of people are quick to judge and blame this sleeper. When it could be a other reasons that caused medical problems. I hope the mothers whose infants have medical problems get better soon. I seriously loved this sleeper! I only used it for about the first 6 weeks and it was a life saver! I highly recommend it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2011 9:27:26 AM PST
A. Simoes says:
I for sure didn't leave my baby in this for 24/7... Hmmm... Who would leave their child in this sleeper for 24/7??? It states that it is a sleeper and since most newborns sleep for more than 14 hours a day im sure plenty of people placed their babies in it for nap time, especially c-section mothers that couldn't move as quickly as regular birth mothers. I'm just trying to obtain information from other rocker/sleeper owners to see if they had similar feedback. I've been getting pretty bad feedback on this item.

Posted on Apr 28, 2011 10:43:21 AM PDT
P. Sherman says:
I used this for my baby and never had any problems. She was a terrible sleeper and would scream and cry and spit up constantly. Then we found this bed and that all changed. She used it for all of her naps and sleeping for the night and she never had any problems at all. The hard plastic underneath the cloth serves a purpose; it is designed to hold the shape of the bed so the baby does not get smothered by the sides. I don't understand how if this item is being used properly that it could cause any damage. My daughter has a beautiful round head and used this from 4 weeks until she was almost 6 months old.

Posted on May 14, 2011 4:54:35 PM PDT
momofIIII says:
I know 2 people who never used this product and both there children have flat spots that resulted in helmets and physically therapy. You can't leave your child in any position in ANY product for 12-14 hours a day w/o the risk of flat spots. Why do you think there has been such a rise in flat spots since laying your baby flat in their crib or always putting your baby in a product or on the floor. It is so important is the first few months to move your baby's position.

Posted on May 14, 2011 8:18:56 PM PDT
I have one daughter, and I know what everyone is going to say when I tell you this: we avoided this (as well as a lot of reflux problems) by placing our daughter on her tummy to sleep. We got a Snuza and placed that on her, and she slept in the co-sleeper next to me the whole night. We know it worked because it went off one night when it fell off of her and woke everybody up. That being said, I think a cushier design in the padding underneath and a warning about spending too much time in one sleeping spot would suffice versus a class-action lawsuit. I'm also in agreement with some other reviewers about the possibility that this issue stems more from the construction of the individual child's skull. I know nobody gets a paycheck that way, but I doubt any of the mothers voicing issues care about that in the long run. Children are all built very differently and they form at different rates. Its possible these children are experiencing some delays in the formation of the different sections of the skull, making them more likely to suffer this. I read just the other day that the fontanelles (sp?) don't become firm until around a year! Anywho, if you use this product, you should still probably be aware that some extra padding underneath could pay off in the long run, as well as being aware of how long and how often your child sits in one spot.

Posted on May 14, 2011 10:51:29 PM PDT
S. williams says:
A great way to fix the flathead is to place a special pillow by boppy that is designed to prevent it underneath. Make sure your child is harnessed in so they dont flip over and suffocate. My son started to get flathead, very common no matter where they sleep (it actually started to happen when he was playing in bouncy seats more), and it actually helped reverse some of the flattening. I know this is a little off subject. I'm just researching the project and thought that it would be helpful to some of you.

Posted on May 16, 2011 11:55:23 AM PDT
JDPP21 says:
My baby slept in the rock and play sleeper every night from 1 month to 5 months and never experienced flat head or other problems. He had really bad reflux and reclined in the rock and play sleeper is the only way he would sleep. He was a terrible sleeper until we bought it and afterwards only woke up once or twice a night for a bottle and went right back to sleep in it. I thought it seemed a little hard and uncomfortable so I placed a fleece baby blanket under the padding (to where there was no possible way the blanket could get in his face). We still occasionally (at 8 months) put him to sleep in it part of the night if he has gas bothering him. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone, especially if their infant has reflux.

Posted on May 19, 2011 8:40:16 AM PDT
CT Mom says:
My daughter has used this sleeper since she was born. My pediatrician actually commented how perfectly round her head is at her 4 month appointment (that most have at least partially flat head from sleep positioning). I agree with most saying each baby is different and should watch their positioning. This sleeper has been great and she's never slept better anywhere else (hated her crib and woke up ever 30 minutes). Not sure what we would have done without the sleeper.

Posted on May 28, 2011 8:21:10 AM PDT
My daughter slept in this from birth to 3 months when we moved her to her crib. She still naps in the rocker and has slept in the rocker nights when she was sick with the tummy flu or head cold. She is 5 months old now and has a perfectly round head, never had acid reflux/spit up issues, and is a good night sleeper. Every baby is different and every product is not for every baby, but in my opinion, this rocker is a shining star. Its great for travel, easy to move from room to room, etc..

Posted on Jun 2, 2011 9:03:28 PM PDT
MarshallTime says:
My twin daughters used this every day for night sleep, as well as naps, as well as play. They really spent a lot of time in it. They have had no issues with a flat head. I actually thought it was the rocker that PREVENTED flat head, since it is at an angle limiting the amount of pressure on their head. I would think a crib would cause much worse issues with flat head. That being said, I have had multiple Peds tell me that flat head will correct itself within a couple of years and there is really no reason for treatment expect in very very extreme cases. The rocker hasn't been pulled from the shelves because most moms love the product as you can tell from the reviews and it's tendency to be on the top of must have for babies lists.

Posted on Jun 18, 2011 5:28:14 PM PDT
Rachel Levy says:
My baby has been sleeping in this rocker from age 1 month until present (6 months.) This product was a complete and total lifesaver for us, and we have never had a single problem as a result of using it.

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 5:07:50 PM PST
jlove1821 says:
My son slept for 1st 6 mos of his life.. slept great, 12 hours at time at night and never had problem with it. No flat head, no torticollis..( hes 15 mos now) sleeps in crib great now. Its such a popular product, I think those babies would have had problems anyway and parents seem to need something/someone to blame.

Posted on Mar 7, 2012 7:42:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2012 7:52:34 AM PST
Minty15 says:
The point is this rock & play isnt a replacement for your crib. Obviously your primary sleep area is the crib. Its away to help soothe the baby if their fussy. Your not leaving them unattended & for long periods of time on their backs. Torticolis is caused by various things not this swing. I have x-rayed and seen many newborns come in with torticolis & speaking with doctors lets face it the birthing process is traumatic. Also its another reason why you should not use sleep positioners. If your babys neck in an awkward position like adults you'll have problems. Also , out of all the cases ive seen 95% negative. Its like flat head leave your baby for excessive amounts of time on their backs & it'll happen. There s no perfect solution for a fussy baby only products to assist you. You have to be reasonable. Yes you need to get stuff done but hey whats really important? Be aware and you'll be fine.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2012 1:29:58 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 7, 2012 1:31:04 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 6:18:57 AM PDT
L. Forrester says:
I had my twins in it for the first 8 weeks,,,it was a lifesaver

Posted on May 22, 2012 2:31:49 PM PDT
GonnaBaMama says:
I loved this product and my daughter slept in it for several hours each day from ages 0-8 months with no problems. Lifesaver when she had a head cold and highly portable. We used to put her in it while we ate dinner so she could play and be close by. I did stick a folded cloth diaper under the fabric to slightly cushion the hard head rest after reading these flat head reports. I will continue to use this product if I have a second baby.

Posted on May 25, 2012 9:37:28 AM PDT
starinthesky says:
I love this sleeper a lot. My 2nd baby has some stomach issues and this product has incline which makes it better for the baby to sleep. My personal opinion that torticolis and plageocephaly can be caused by any other product as well.it is not the product but the position of the head and neck. My first baby slept on a flat surface all the time and he had both problems pretty bad. You need to watch out and change baby's head position, which i am doing with my second one and there is no problem with this product at all.

Posted on May 31, 2012 10:29:08 PM PDT
Erin C says:
My son also had an extremely flat head and slept in this for the first 3 months.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  34
Total posts:  36
Initial post:  Jan 20, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 14, 2014

Search Customer Discussions