Roku XD 2050, 720p Streaming Player
Used & New from: $34.99
roku and hulu i know roku is supporting hulu plus, but there are some shows on regular hulu i want to watch. can i still watch them if i subscribe to hulu plus?
asked by L. M. Pierce on November 23, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
Hulu Plus has everything Hulu has. The only issue I have had is that many shows are "web only" and can't be watched on the Roku via Hulu Plus. CSI and community are examples of web only shows.
P. Baker answered on November 27, 2010
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
i as well am interested..can you use roku with just the free hulu..or do you have to subscribe to somthing..can you web surf youtube facebook etc...
clemtunes answered on November 27, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I was so pissed when set this up with my TV and realized Hulu is not accessible from the Roku, it's only the subscription-based Hulu Plus.
S. Sandquist answered on December 29, 2010
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This is not true. Hulu Plus does not have access to all of the shows that Hulu does. (Community on NBC, for example). Roku does not support the regular version of Hulu. In order to get Hulu to work on a Roku unit, you need PlayOn or some other app that streams it and does the transcoding.
Rick Raible answered on December 15, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Not on the Roku. Only shows specifically marked as "Hulu+" are available on the device.
Andrew Otwell answered on December 29, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
thank you, P Baker. Is there some way if I search through HULU that I can see if the shows are web only?
L. M. Pierce answered on November 29, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
There IS an option.. I have posted this to another question.. So, I will paste it here as well..
Not natively, at least not yet, but I am sure that the ability to pay per channel will be the future of TV. It has to be. I can say this though.. Check out PLAYON. This is a GREAT addition to thhe ROKU via a private channel. Also, if you are a ROKU owner, do some research and you can get a lifetime license key for $39. A little research for "playon scripts" is like added apps to the program. Some stream movies, TV shows, etc. There are 100s of plugins for PLAYON. This is a MAJOR plus on the already versatile ROKU. Check it out. PLAYON also offers a free 30 day trial. PLAY WITH THE SCRIPTS!! It also lets you stream you media from a server. You will need to have a PC on your network to host the PLAYON server. Look in to this.. This is the ONLY thing worth every penny! Oh.. you can stream HULU (Not plus) this way as well as Youtube, etc.. Check it out!
Insomnix answered on November 12, 2012
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product