Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: rooCASE Dual-View Multi Angle (Red) Leather Folio Case Cover for Asus Eee Pad Transformer PRIME 10.1-Inch TF201 Tablet
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on January 20, 2012
1919 comments|264 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2012
I just received this today. The case is very nice and well made. The cover is nice and stiff to protect the screen. My Transformer Prime fits perfectly into the sleeve and all ports/buttons are easily available. In fact, the sleeve helps protect the microSD card from being accidentally ejected. The case has a nice feel and doesn't add a lot of weight. When being used with just the sleeve, the soft back makes the Prime easy to hold. The different angles all are stable when using the stand feature. When the cover is closed, the charging port is covered but you can still charge with the cover closed by turning the sleeve around within the case.

All-in-all, a very nice cover for a very nice tablet.
on January 20, 2012
33 comments|39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2012
I purchased both this case and the "MoKo Slim-Fit Case" for my transformer prime. Unfortunately neither case is perfect for my needs, but as normal both have pros and cons. Please see my review for the MoKo case on its item page on Amazon.

roocase:
First off, this case smells strange. It's not a good smell, but its not unbearable either, It's tough to describe really and its definitely worth noting (It's not a normal leather smell). The leather is shiny and and the build quality is very good. The case itself is 2 parts, a sort of sleeve in which the transformer slides into and a folio for the sleeve/transformer to slide into. You can't use the folio on its on as the Prime would fall out of it. The sleeve is snug and does a good job of protecting the Prime on the front screen and backside but a poor job of protecting the corners and sides of the device. I would not feel confident if I should accidently drop the Prime on a hard surface that it would come out unscathed.

The folio holds the case inside it by using a broad strip of Velcro. This works well but I would be concerned that over time the Velcro would wear out and the case need to be replaced. It is very slightly magnetic to keep it closed on the Prime. A good thing about the 2 piece design is that it is highly flexible and adjustable. As the pictures on Amazon show, it can be placed in portrait and landscape mode and held up by the ridges in the folio. All ports and camera holes and buttons are accessible but the power and volume buttons are more difficult to get to than they would be normally. The sleeve and folio together add a great deal of thickness to the Prime. I would say that it makes everything about 3x thicker than just the Prime by itself.

Pros:
+Very good build quality with leather/stitching/camera cut outs
+Flexibility to use case in portrait or landscape
+Looks great
+Snug fit

Cons:
-Smell
-Poor protection of corners/sides
-Obstruction of buttons' ease of use
-Velcro could wear out
-Too much bulk
-Folio can't be used on its own
33 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2012
I don't have much to add to the other review here. It seems very well built and the holes line up perfectly for the ports, flash, camera and so on. I really like the fact that the inside case can be separated which keeps the bulk down but allows you the option to use the full case when more protection is wanted. The one negative is when using the cover, it doesn't have a natural crease to allow the front cover to fold underneath the Prime in a flush manner. Not a big deal but it would have been a nice touch.
on January 23, 2012
You can't beat this case and stand combo for the money. I wanted a case that would protect my new tablet, allow me to use it without holding on a table, and provide a more comfortable "holding" experience when reading. This case/stand combo does all of these very well. As other reviewers have pointed out, there are thinner/sleeker cases/skins, but they are not as versatile IMHO.
I have big hands, so to have a slide-out case that was comfortable yet grippy was essential.
The Prime is wonderfully thin, but a real PITA to hold for long periods with just one hand. I was also afraid of dropping it becasue it is pretty slippery!
The outer case doubles as a stand and the slide-out case attaches with velcro for vertical (portrait) or horizontal (landscape) viewing. You can access power, volume, headphones, charging, microSD and cameras without removing from the sleeve. There is a magnetic closure on the case that seems to work well. The outer case is pretty thick/rigid, so should offer good prottection from all but the most serious of abuse. While the leather is pretty basic heavy-duty grade stuff, it should hold up over the long run. It certainly is not bad at all for the price, but don't expect Coach or Gucci handbag leather!.
Overall, very pleased with the form and function of this product for the Transfromer Prime!
on February 7, 2012
This is a great case for the price! It fits my Asus Transformer Prime TF201 perfectly, no slop no mess. Don't listen to any reviews that state it doesn't work with the Asus TF201, either they don't have the right case or they don't have a TF201.

Someone wrote it smelled funny, yes it did for about an hour. After it aired out no smell. Also, some have stated that the velcro will wear out after so much use, while true it will the one thing you must think of is, how often will you be removing the the unit from the sleeve and how often will you be putting the table into a portriat stance? If you are going to be doing these things alot I think you might want to look for a different case, if not this is for you!

The one thing I will comment on & let you decide if a + or - is the power botton on the upper left corner of the TF201 is recessed just enough that it's not supper easy to access it. Plus=no accidental shut offs, Minus=inconvienent to get to.......you decide.
on February 29, 2012
I struggled with the thought of purchasing a tablet & after much consideration and research, I settled on the Asus Transformer Prime, which I bought at Best Buy. I asked the salesman to show me the cases for it and he had one which I included in my purchase because I was concerned about the tablet not having a sleeve or cover. When I got the case home, my husband helped me see how it was not the right one for me. It was really too big and heavy for me to carry around in my purse/bag. It also did not have cut-outs for the camera or the speaker. He got on the Amazon site and quickly found this case for me. I ordered it, got it, & immediately fell in love!

The color is almost a perfect match with my purse/bag. It is lightweight and slim. I also love the variety of positions that I can put my tablet in while I'm using it.

If you have purchased or are considering purchasing the Asus Transformer Prime, definitely order this case in whatever color suits you. You won't regret it!
on January 16, 2012
I was contemplating a slim fit cover for my prime but decided to go with this because of the removable case. I absolutely love it. A nice protective leather sleeve which keeps my mind at ease when I take it out and makes it easier to keep in my lap while typing, and a full on leather book cover for traveling. The cover allows for great viewing angles, and is even perfect to just flip back for a great shallow typing angle. Very nice quality, feel, and look. I usual don't like keeping full on sleeve covers on my electronics, especially on something as good looking as the prime, but this cover is worth it.