Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 11 11.6 inch Laptop Sleeve, Laptop Sleeve case, rooCASE Neoprene Memory Foam Notebook Computer Carrying Cover 11.6-Inch Apple MacBook Air MJVM2LL/A, Acer Asus HP Samsung Chromebook, HP Stream - Blue
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on July 4, 2011
First the good. It is a very nice case, aesthetically.....
I ordered the green and black version. The contrast of the outer colors looked sharp and the material doesn't have a cheap look to it. The sleeve also seems to offer nice protection. Every other reviewer seems to rave about the "extra" protection the bubble interior offers. I'm not sure how convinced I am as to the advantage it offers over equally bulky non-bubbled padding. But it's an attractive gimmicky feature that helps rooCASE sell this sleeve.

Now the bad. It's quality is questionable.....
The sleeve feels well built, and if you read the other reviews you'd be convinced of the same. As I was. When I purchased this from Amazon it had a perfect 5-star rating. As I mentioned earlier, the material doesn't look cheap and, in fact, has a quality feel to it. The zippers and invisible zipper line seemed to possess the same quality as the sleeve. I carry the MacBook extension cord and charger with me and the front pocket was a large reason for why I chose this sleeve. After receiving it I slipped the MacBook in without a hitch, though there was ample wiggle room -- rooCASE could have lost a bit of bulk by making this sleeve a tighter fit (I have the MacBook Air 11.6"). I then placed the power and extension cords into the front pocket without any trouble. For three days, all was fine. Then, the stitching around the zippers started coming loose. It began catching in the zipper line and jamming the zippers. Within a week's time the front zipper was rendered useless. The main zipper not far behind.

The bad continued. Customer support.....
I bought this item from PC Micro Store via Amazon. Because of the absolutely stellar reviews this item received on Amazon, a website known for its honest reviewers, I figured I'd gotten a defective case. I requested an RMA and returned it through Amazon, completely expecting to simply re-purchase this sleeve once the refund was issued. To my dismay, I was never issued a refund, nor did the seller (PC Micro Store) or rooCASE ever contact or follow up with me in any way. I have since bought a different case and am very happy with it.

My ratings.....
Despite my issues with this product I gave it 4 stars for protection since, whether the bubbles are "super" or just a gimmick, it does seem to offer fairly good protection. It did not receive 5 stars in this category since I felt the case itself could have been designed to be a tighter fit. It got 2 stars for quality of product, as opposed to 1 star, since I can't be certain I didn't just receive a defective item. Overall, though, it gets a 1 star rating since I am now left without the case or the money I spent on it.

Bad quality or defective?.....
I am writing this review to offer my experience to others who might be misled by the sea of perfect reviews. The caveat, to be fair, is since I was never issued a refund or replacement, I am still left to wonder if this case is genuinely of poor quality or if I was unfortunate to receive a defective item. But still be aware of the questionable customer service of PC Micro Store, the only seller of this product at the time of purchase and of this review.
33 comments|100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 18, 2010
There aren't many choices for a MacBook Air 11.6in. sleeve just yet; it's too new. But of all the choices out there, this rooCase looked best. It fits my 11.6in. Air perfectly width-wise, and has a bit of extra room at the top. But the Air isn't sliding around, and I really like the bubble interior; it provides more protection than the InCase sleeve I have for my MacBook Pro.

The thickness of the sleeve does feel a bit much, since the Air itself is so thin. But I'm willing to sacrifice thinness for a bit of extra padding.

This is the first neoprene sleeve I've ever had with an external pocket (it even zips!). It's great for holding the small VGA adapter I need for showing PowerPoint with the Air, and you can also cram in the cord, but it's a bit tight.

The bright green color contrasted with the black sleeve looks striking. All in all, I'm quite pleased. It's a lot of sleeve for the money.
on January 9, 2011
This case is well-made and sturdy, and I really like the bubble padding and the color. But the reason why I'm so disappointed, and why I give it only 1 star, is that this case does not fit the MacBook Air 11.6" as the description says.

Vertically its too big by over an inch, which means the laptop slides back and forth. And horizontally its too short by about 1/4 inch, so one side of my laptop goes over the lips and rests right alongside the zipper, causing scratches from the metal zipper scraping along my laptop.

This case is NOT made specifically for this laptop, like the title/description would make you believe. It was obviously made for other netbooks and this laptop happens to slide inside, but unfortunately not fit very well.
on January 13, 2011
Inexpensive, well padded and quality materials. But I was expecting an exact fit given that the listing is for a macbook case. Nothing on the packaging mentions a mac. It's labeled for most 10" and 11.6" netbooks. There's about an inch of extra height. Width wise it's pretty close, but the macbook is right up against the metal zipper, which may scratch in the long run.
on July 12, 2011
Most of the reviews are pretty spot on regarding this sleeve. I am just writing this review to give my perspective of what I think.

I bought this specifically for my Macbook Air 11.6 that I keep with me in my messenger bag. I think we all would agree that the reason we buy macbook airs (11s), ipads, or tablets, is because of the size and form factor. They are thin and light, which we love. We also want to ensure that our devices are protected when we tote them around in our bags. This sleeve will definitely protect your device. Inside the sleeve are padded circles that help protect your device (think of bubble wrap inside of a regular sleeve). However, these circles/pads definitely create bulkiness while transporting the device. Now when I have it in my messenger bag, it is significantly more full (bulky).

I give it 3 stars based mainly on the fact that it adds such bulkiness to a device that we bought b/c of it's lack of bulkiness. However, if protection is more of a priority, then this sleeve will definitely provide a great level of protection.

As others stated, from side to side (left to right), the sleeve fits the macbook air 11 almost perfectly. However, from top to bottom, it is a bit longer (roughly 1/4" - 1/2" I'd guess). So it's not a perfect fit; but very close.

For me, I am less concerned about protection and would have preferred a sleeve that had kept the device form factor (sleek and thin).
on June 9, 2016
This is an absolutely fantastic quality laptop sleeve and not only is it well-made, sturdy yet soft, and an overall great product. The fabric is nice and thick to ensure the protection of it's contents; the zippers are strong and smooth and do not "catch" when opening/closing.

As with other sleeves, I did not order this for any electronics. I have numerous tablets (that would fit well within this sleeve) and a couple of laptops (but all are too large to put this sleeve to use.) I find that these sleeves are a awesome, attractive alternative to use to contain smaller sized notebooks, portfolios, and also protect my cell phone and digital recording devices when I need to have these things organized and with me for important meetings.

For the sake of offering a legitimate product review regarding the true, intended purpose of this sleeve, I did have my friend try it out on her larger sized tablet and her compact laptop. The verdict: she was very please with it and ordered her own!

The fabric is a soft and durable neoprene that covers memory foam. It is not so thick that it is a hassle to deal with or bulky; but it is just thick enough to make you feel confident that your electronics are adequately protected from normal (and even a bit rougher than normal) use. The stitching is clean and tight. There are no crooked seams or loose threads. On the inside of the main compartment, the fabric is a stunning, vibrant blue that features these little "bubbles" of extra memory foam to further add supportive cushioning that safeguards your contents.

There is a second, zippered compartment on this sleeve. Located on the front and about half the height of the sleeve, this pocked is perfect to store any power cords or a mouse. This second compartment does not have the same, vibrant blue memory foam inside, but it still provides a secure place for contents.

This is a lovely product and I highly recommend it for the use of your tablet, laptop, or other electronic devices.

I received this product at a discount for an honest and unbiased review.
on October 10, 2011
With all of the reviews stating frustration about an improper fit for the macbook air, I thought I'd write a quick review. I have the 2011 MBA and I feel like the case fits perfectly. It's an exact fit in the longer dimension, with some room to spare in the shorter dimension. My laptop does not move at all, and the extra room gives you a bit more flexibility to stuff a bit more in the accessory pocket. The zippers seem very solid and like they'll last a while. Overall, the product seems like an excellent buy for the $20 I got it for.
on December 14, 2010
Plenty of foam protection for my new Macbook Air 11". Nice side pocket. Well made and fairly priced. My Macbook fits perfectly and the case can then fit within a briefcase for trips. Yes, the leather sleeves are "cool" but IMHO this is far more practical. Also comes in other color combinations. Trust me you can't go wrong with this case!
on May 25, 2016
I received this case today and it fits my Macbook Air perfectly. My MBA is already in a hard back marble pattern plastic case but I needed a waterproof case so I bought this. It is roomy with enough space for a pen or two. The zipper feels smooth but not of the best quality. The case has a very strong chemical smell when it first arrived. It has been a few days but there is still a strong smell. I will report back if the smell lingers for more than a week. Another major qualm is that the edges of the case do not have extra padding. I owned several Macbook and most of them broke from cracks formed on the edges when I dropped them. For extra shock protection, this case has tiny bumps on the inside to absorb shock. Buyers please note that this laptop sleeve is by no means a slim sleeve. It is quite bulky and thick on its own without anything in it. It fits my daily usage well. I will give it 5 stars. I occasionally submit reviews for products I enjoy so I got to buy this first one at a cheaper price. Overall, a good bulky case for extra protection.
review image
on February 20, 2013
Fits nicely. The charger fits too, but expect a bulge from power brick.
It's an adequate fit. Chromebook 3 is too slim for this, it seems, but on Acer's C7 would fit this perfectly like a glove.
The color is not as vibrant as shown on the product image, but I expect that's my monitor over saturating the colors.

I wouldn't have minded a cheaper case, but the extra room to carry a charger was a feature I was not going to compromise.

Over-all, nice purchase, but you're essentially paying $10 more than the competition for the extra compartment for extra accessories.