5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Sleeve, If a Bit Thick
Published on November 18, 2010 by S. Campbell

1.0 out of 5 stars Guess I got the only defective one
First the good. It is a very nice case, aesthetically.....
Published on July 4, 2011 by dnstock

1.0 out of 5 stars Guess I got the only defective one, July 4, 2011
This review is from: rooCASE Super Bubble Neoprene Sleeve Case Cover for Apple MacBook Air 11.6-inch Laptop MD711LL/A MD712LL/A MC505LL/A MC506LL/A MC968LL/A MC969LL/A (Black / Neon Green) (Personal Computers)
First the good. It is a very nice case, aesthetically.....
I ordered the green and black version. The contrast of the outer colors looked sharp and the material doesn't have a cheap look to it. The sleeve also seems to offer nice protection. Every other reviewer seems to rave about the "extra" protection the bubble interior offers. I'm not sure how convinced I am as to the advantage it offers over equally bulky non-bubbled padding. But it's an attractive gimmicky feature that helps rooCASE sell this sleeve.

Now the bad. It's quality is questionable.....
The sleeve feels well built, and if you read the other reviews you'd be convinced of the same. As I was. When I purchased this from Amazon it had a perfect 5-star rating. As I mentioned earlier, the material doesn't look cheap and, in fact, has a quality feel to it. The zippers and invisible zipper line seemed to possess the same quality as the sleeve. I carry the MacBook extension cord and charger with me and the front pocket was a large reason for why I chose this sleeve. After receiving it I slipped the MacBook in without a hitch, though there was ample wiggle room -- rooCASE could have lost a bit of bulk by making this sleeve a tighter fit (I have the MacBook Air 11.6"). I then placed the power and extension cords into the front pocket without any trouble. For three days, all was fine. Then, the stitching around the zippers started coming loose. It began catching in the zipper line and jamming the zippers. Within a week's time the front zipper was rendered useless. The main zipper not far behind.

The bad continued. Customer support.....
I bought this item from PC Micro Store via Amazon. Because of the absolutely stellar reviews this item received on Amazon, a website known for its honest reviewers, I figured I'd gotten a defective case. I requested an RMA and returned it through Amazon, completely expecting to simply re-purchase this sleeve once the refund was issued. To my dismay, I was never issued a refund, nor did the seller (PC Micro Store) or rooCASE ever contact or follow up with me in any way. I have since bought a different case and am very happy with it.

My ratings.....
Despite my issues with this product I gave it 4 stars for protection since, whether the bubbles are "super" or just a gimmick, it does seem to offer fairly good protection. It did not receive 5 stars in this category since I felt the case itself could have been designed to be a tighter fit. It got 2 stars for quality of product, as opposed to 1 star, since I can't be certain I didn't just receive a defective item. Overall, though, it gets a 1 star rating since I am now left without the case or the money I spent on it.

Bad quality or defective?.....
I am writing this review to offer my experience to others who might be misled by the sea of perfect reviews. The caveat, to be fair, is since I was never issued a refund or replacement, I am still left to wonder if this case is genuinely of poor quality or if I was unfortunate to receive a defective item. But still be aware of the questionable customer service of PC Micro Store, the only seller of this product at the time of purchase and of this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Sleeve, If a Bit Thick, November 18, 2010
There aren't many choices for a MacBook Air 11.6in. sleeve just yet; it's too new. But of all the choices out there, this rooCase looked best. It fits my 11.6in. Air perfectly width-wise, and has a bit of extra room at the top. But the Air isn't sliding around, and I really like the bubble interior; it provides more protection than the InCase sleeve I have for my MacBook Pro.

The thickness of the sleeve does feel a bit much, since the Air itself is so thin. But I'm willing to sacrifice thinness for a bit of extra padding.

This is the first neoprene sleeve I've ever had with an external pocket (it even zips!). It's great for holding the small VGA adapter I need for showing PowerPoint with the Air, and you can also cram in the cord, but it's a bit tight.

The bright green color contrasted with the black sleeve looks striking. All in all, I'm quite pleased. It's a lot of sleeve for the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, but does not fit!, January 9, 2011
This case is well-made and sturdy, and I really like the bubble padding and the color. But the reason why I'm so disappointed, and why I give it only 1 star, is that this case does not fit the MacBook Air 11.6" as the description says.

Vertically its too big by over an inch, which means the laptop slides back and forth. And horizontally its too short by about 1/4 inch, so one side of my laptop goes over the lips and rests right alongside the zipper, causing scratches from the metal zipper scraping along my laptop.

This case is NOT made specifically for this laptop, like the title/description would make you believe. It was obviously made for other netbooks and this laptop happens to slide inside, but unfortunately not fit very well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not an Exact fit, January 13, 2011
Inexpensive, well padded and quality materials. But I was expecting an exact fit given that the listing is for a macbook case. Nothing on the packaging mentions a mac. It's labeled for most 10" and 11.6" netbooks. There's about an inch of extra height. Width wise it's pretty close, but the macbook is right up against the metal zipper, which may scratch in the long run.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought specifically for Macbook Air 11.6", July 12, 2011
Most of the reviews are pretty spot on regarding this sleeve. I am just writing this review to give my perspective of what I think.

I bought this specifically for my Macbook Air 11.6 that I keep with me in my messenger bag. I think we all would agree that the reason we buy macbook airs (11s), ipads, or tablets, is because of the size and form factor. They are thin and light, which we love. We also want to ensure that our devices are protected when we tote them around in our bags. This sleeve will definitely protect your device. Inside the sleeve are padded circles that help protect your device (think of bubble wrap inside of a regular sleeve). However, these circles/pads definitely create bulkiness while transporting the device. Now when I have it in my messenger bag, it is significantly more full (bulky).

I give it 3 stars based mainly on the fact that it adds such bulkiness to a device that we bought b/c of it's lack of bulkiness. However, if protection is more of a priority, then this sleeve will definitely provide a great level of protection.

As others stated, from side to side (left to right), the sleeve fits the macbook air 11 almost perfectly. However, from top to bottom, it is a bit longer (roughly 1/4" - 1/2" I'd guess). So it's not a perfect fit; but very close.

For me, I am less concerned about protection and would have preferred a sleeve that had kept the device form factor (sleek and thin).

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be better!!!, December 14, 2010
Gadget67 (New York, United States) - See all my reviews
Plenty of foam protection for my new Macbook Air 11". Nice side pocket. Well made and fairly priced. My Macbook fits perfectly and the case can then fit within a briefcase for trips. Yes, the leather sleeves are "cool" but IMHO this is far more practical. Also comes in other color combinations. Trust me you can't go wrong with this case!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not tight, fit, December 24, 2010
I bought this because I wanted the neon color to stand out from a group of laptop covers at meetings. This certainly does that.

The Macbook Air 11.6 2010 slides in and out of this beautifully, but is snugly but not tightly held inside...in other words this is a really good fit. The pockets can be used for small items, often missing on sleeves that are this form fitting.

There is about 3/4 inch for the case to close at the top. If you want a sleeve that is skin tight, this is NOT IT. Also the internal padding does not cover the very bottom of the case.

The zipper is nylon and fabric covered. I would like to see this somewhat cheaper, since it is not a luxury sleeve, and many of the rooCase cases are in this price range. However, this sleeve can be recommended...

5.0 out of 5 stars rooCase Neoprene Sleeve for Apple 11.6 Air, January 26, 2011
Received the rooCase Neoprene Sleeve Case Cover for Apple MacBook Air 11.6-inch Laptop promptly, a great fit for the smaller Mac with internal bubble padding and a zipper, with room in an outside pocket (with a semi covered zipper) for the charger and cords. The rooCase is light yet "spongey" enough adequately to pad the laptop for safety. The zipper pulls are functional and, like the black with red trim (and red inside the case), very attractive. The case will easily slip into an older MacBook carrying case I have. I am quite pleased. Great price. The Mac Store had no cases for the new smaller Air.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR MACBOOK AIR 11", January 8, 2011
Patuti (miami, florida United States) - See all my reviews
If you wish to buy this for your MACBOOK AIR 11", don't, it dances inside this case. Way too big.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case for New MacBook Air, December 31, 2010
I bought the new MacBook Air in October and could not find a case to fit the 11.6" computer. All the cases fit 10 inch netbooks or 13 inch computers. It was very frustrating to have a new computer and be unable to protect it. I am very happy with the rooCASE Super Bubble Neoprene Sleeve Case Cover. The bubbles inside the case completely secure and protect my computer. It is a great case!!