on March 2, 2014
Size Name: Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 / Note 10.1 2014Color Name: Matte BlackVerified Purchase
I have been using this case for 4 months now and and I have also tried the Poetic Slimline case as well. Unfortunately, overall I must say I am slightly dissapointed with this case.

Positives:
- The materials are pretty good (mainly soft rubber feel all over, even on the hard plastic back, and there is felt on the inside over that touches the screen). Although I like Poetic's materials a little more, I am perfectly happy with this case's materials too.
- So far, nothing has faded or started coming apart.
- I LOVE being able to set it up in portrait or landscape.
- Maintains a thin and fairly lightweight profile.
- Allows charging with the cover closed.
- Easy access to all the ports, controls, and pen.

Negatives:
- With the cover closed, the home button is constantly being activated even when I'm trying to hold it in a manner as to not be near the home button.
- But my biggest grip has to do with the magnets are too weak. Whenever I try to fold it so it stands in portrait mode, I basically cannot touch it without the fold coming apart and going flat. I have resorted to carrying around a biinder clip that I use to hold it together where the magnets join together just so I can touch the screen to scroll, type, select an app, etc. Even when in landscape mode, sometimes the fold will start slipping (a problem I never have with Poetic's case which only works in landscape unfortunately).
- Also, because the magnets are not strong enough, when I fold the cover to the rear, it will flop around because the magnets do not hold the corners up to the back of the tablet like the Poetic cover does.
- The final issue I have is the plastic backing does not hold the tablet too securely. Sometimes when I pick up my tablet by one edge (when the cover is open/folded behond the tablet), one of the corners will pop out. Luckily this doesn't happen when the cover is closed.

If only Poetic made case that folded like this one does...
on June 10, 2014
Size Name: Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 / Note 10.1 2014Color Name: Matte BlueVerified Purchase
I started writing a long review, but decided to cut to the chase: I have purchased 3 for an iPad mini, iPad Air, and now my Galaxy 10.1 2014 edition. I fell in love with the origami style with the case my friend has for her Kindle Fire. Of course, that exact one is only made for the Fire. They sell that 1 at Best Buy for getting a feel for it. That one is a bit thicker and has magnets to hold the different shapes together, this one else doesn't (it does magnet closed though). The trade off is that this is thinner and lighter. I'm not taking off for the because I still love it & that a preference thing.

My only complaint for the Note case is the you cannot flip the cover to the back while it's plugged in. Like other book style case, the "spine" is on the left hand side. The thing is, that's where the power port goes. I mean, it takes .5 seconds to unplug and plug it back in, but still. If I were to redesign it, I'd flip it. The Note's default orientation is landscape, not portrait like the iPad.

For the iPad Air & Mini: the mini was my first & I loved it. My mom fell in love with my case and had me buy her one for her iPad Air. When I bought my Note, I gave my mini to my yoga instructor sister, who also loves the case.

As for feel- they are soft (but not plush) and not a cheap plastic. It feels good & have had no problem with the looking dirty (red, purple, baby blue).

Oh, I almost forgot, the mini have a zagg or skinomi full body protector on it and taking the roocase on and off was no problem, as you can see, I forgot it was there!! Likewise, no issues with normal screen protectors (film or tempered glass).
on February 26, 2015
I just got this few hours ago for my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition and i'd rather have to say that iam more disappointed then satisfied. But i'll try to be as objective as possible and compare it with the poetic slimline case which i have been using for a year.

Pros:
The material, feel and the looks are very impressive. Poetic slimline case gives a leathery look and feel and the plastic edges seem cheap. But the matte finish and feel of roocase is really impressive and worth 2 stars for the overall quality, design and built.

Cons:
First of all, no matter what features a case offers, its mandatory for any slim profile case to have a perfect and snug fit with all the buttons and slots accessible. roocase does not fit perfectly with my note 10.1 2014 edition. the four corners do not seat the tablet perfectly. Not sure how to explain this, but will give it a try. The corner edge of the case has a little bulge that sit on the side of the tablet and prevents the case to form a snug fit around the corner all the way from the back to the front of the tablet. This doesn't mean the tablet is not held securely, but not as secure as a snug fit would be. This is worth 2 stars i believe and off it goes.

Second, the magnets are not strong enough and over time they most certainly will become a problem. Also the tri-fold for the landscape mode lacks a magnetic hold and can be annoying. for example, since the charging port is at the bottom, if you want to put it in reverse landscape mode the tri-fold without a magnetic hold will be a problem when you want to move the tablet around a bit. 1 star goes for this.

I contacted Roocase through their website and they contacted me and said that the case i received might be defective.. Iam from Australia, and the major concern for me is sending it back for a replacement since it could be more expensive then the case itself. But thankfully Roocase sent me a free replacement without me having to send back the defective one, Which is great. I have been using the defective one till now.

The replacement fits the tablet perfectly. Same case as the first defective one without the snug fit problem. As for the magnets being week, the origami fold folds both inside and out. I mostly fold it inside when using it in the landscape mode since i dont want the inner soft side touch the surface i place the tablet on. But for portrait mode, its the usual way folded just like in the display pictures. Since i constantly fold it inside and outside, all the folds have become very flexible. I noticed that as soon i tried on the replacement. because of this the magnets seem strong enough since the folds themselves show little resistance to stay folded. This solves the lack of magnets for the tri-fold landscape mode as well.

So, in the end this case turned aout be the best for my note 10.1 2014. In terms of quality, this case cannot be compared with the poetic slimline, as they are different in terms of materials used and the overall finish of the case. But having said that, Roocase is the one i refer now, since the matte finish feels and looks much superior to the poetic slimline. Also Roocase seems more durable. On top of all this, with the oragami fold as an added advantage, this case is perfect.
review image review image review image
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 12, 2014
The roocase for the Tab Pro 10.1 is a winner. We all pay more for a thin and light tablet and we don't want a case that bulks it up too much. The roocase provides great protection and maintains a slim profile with a negligible weight addition. I had purchased a roocase for my wife's Kindle and she likes it also. I haven't seen all the various cases out there but I have seen a few and I think you will like the roocase.
on April 12, 2014
got it when it was discounted enough for me to grab it. This is similar to other roocase style ones that you can get on the nexus 7 and other tablets (just in case there isnt a review for the tablet model you want you can look at other video reviews on the web and the experience is similar with any tablet and this style of case)

2 cons so far
if you flp it all the way back sometimes the magnetic cover turns off my tablets screen when in use and the other con is that when you have it in landscape mode to watch a movie for example... if your charging port is on the bottom (like the note 10.1 2014) you cannot charge it and have it setting up in landscape mode. Normally you could just turn the tablet over but you cannot stand it up with the case turned around. Just something to think about if you like to charge your tablet and have it sitting in landscape mode use.
on April 6, 2014
Size Name: Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 / Note 10.1 2014Color Name: Matte PurpleVerified Purchase
I wish it allowed for a more reclined option both vertically and horizontally. I feel like it's laying down or standing up so straight it has to be at eye level! I also find it difficult to get it to stay standing in the horizontal position. It keeps my Note from getting scratched in my bag though and that's the most important thing, so I guess it's ok, otherwise I would have to say I don't like it and give it a lower rating.
on March 22, 2014
This case is awesome. The design of how it folds works great and I get a lot of compliments on how cool it looks folded. Plastic is durable and the felt is nice on the inside of the screen. Why pay much more for products that dont work as good as this one.
on August 12, 2014
I spent a long time looking for a case and read the reviews for just about every case. Here is why I went with this one:

- all four corners of the Note 10.1 2014 are covered
- it is very slim
- there is both a portrait and a landscape mode
- people were not complaining about magnets shutting off their screen
- the s-pen port is uncovered
- the tablet can be charged while in the case

Having used it, I have to say that it is a great case. It doesn't add much heft and the magnet is strong enough to have the stand work and for the auto-off feature to operate without causing problems once the cover is folded back (this is a very common case problem for the note 10.1 2014).

Some people might be confused about the different ways this case can be folded. This case does come with instructions, but I thought it was worthwhile to mention the different poses in the review. There is one 'little triangle' landscape mode that offers an almost-vertical landscape view. This is the mode I use least, because the angle is quite extreme. The 'vertical mode', which uses the magnet to make an easel, is also a horizontal landscape mode, depending on how you turn your tablet. This provides great viewing angles for both landscape and portrait views. Some mentioned that their stand 'fell apart' in portrait view. This is not a problem I experienced - the magnet seems rather firm.

Finally, about the charger - you can easily charge the stand in the case when it is in 'book' view, but the charger does end up on the bottom in the landscape stand views. There are three possible solutions: you can either stand it up near the edge of a table so the cord can hang down, use a portrait view, or use the book view. I haven't found this to be a huge deal, but I know some might feel it is.

Overall, as of the time of this review, I would say this is the best - or at least one of the best - cases on the market.
on August 12, 2014
Not what I was expecting from rooCase.
The case fits well but has a cheap feel to it, the main she'll is all plastic painted with soft touch paint. The edges are sharp and you will feel them when holding the case. The top is somewhat better feeling but still cheap feel all over, magnets don't work to well and I think after a few days of usage will not close the cover. Previously I bought a Fintie case which was much cheaper and although had its own problems it is way nicer and better feeling than this one. Big disappointment ...
on February 21, 2014
Size Name: Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 / Note 10.1 2014Color Name: Matte RedVerified Purchase
I received the red case - it's a very bright shade of red. to me.It seems almost like a red-orange to me. I love the shade. From the photos, I thought that the front of the case might look awkward because of all the grooves. As it turns out, the grooves give the case a modern appearance.

The case can stand up both vertically and horizontally. It can be a bit confusing to figure out how to use the stand, but the instructions on the back of the package explain it. Magnets within the case hold it in place. It feels very sturdy while it is standing either in portrait or landscape mode.

I like the way the case feels in my hands.It doesn't feel rubbery or foamy. It's very slim, but still feels like it is protecting the device. The magnets seem to hold the front cover in place nicely when it is closed. I don't have to worry about it flipping open and something scratching the screen.

I wish there was a tad more texture on the back of the case. That would make it easier to hold. It's not difficult now, I'm just generally paranoid that I'll drop my device.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations