Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: rooCASE Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 / Note 10.1 2014 Case - Dual View Multi-Angle Stand Tablet Cover - BLACK (With Auto Wake / Sleep Cover)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 20, 2013
I take very good care of my devices and usually get a cover. For the Note, I wanted one that would allow me to use it in both portrait and landscape modes, which most covers don't do well. This one does. The Note is cradled in a removable holder that attaches to the outer cover via velcro. You can turn it to portrait or leave it in the usual landscape mode. You can even detach the outer cover if you are going to hold it in your hands, which means less weight and bulk to hold. Slick. I also like the look of pebbled leather and the feeling in your hand.

Functionally, opening the cover (which is held in place with magnets), automatically turns the screen on. There are 3 positions that you can use to prop up the tablet at different angles. The size is approximately that of a book, which is comfortable for me. It also comes with a pen/stylus. At first I did not plan to use it since the Note has it's own pen with special features. But I tried it. And I kinda like it. I may end up using it for general web browsing to reduce the amount of fingerprints on the screen. Unexpected bonus. All of the cutouts line up properly with ports, camera, controls, etc. You can charge the tablet even with the cover closed (through a cutout).

There are two "gotchas." One is expected - adding a cover does add bulk and weight. If that is an issue, then you shouldn't get a cover! Or get one of the "slim" covers that are available. The other one is that the upper right corner (where the Note pen is held) is not as well protected as the other corners. It is cut out so that you can easily reach the Note pen. This could be an issue if you drop the unit on that exact corner. With the Note pen there, I am not sure what else they could do. I can accept this because I do take care of my devices. But note (no pun intended) that it is a weakness in an otherwise fine product.
on November 12, 2013
It's a really nice case. There's a slot for charging when closed, the material is of excellent quality, and it doesn't have the annoying circle to rotate but it is done by Velcro. Also allows you to use the tablet without the rest of the bulky case. Great design! As I am reviewing the Note 2014 edition, I think it's funny they give you a stylus when the tablet comes with one. All in all an excellent buy.
on November 16, 2013
I have had the case for a week now and am very satisfied. The case has a pebble grain to it that gives it a very nice professional look, and it feels secure in my hand as i carry it. It fits the 2014 galaxy note 10.1 well. It Stands well in landscape, in 2 positions and can be viewed easily in your lap because of it. The velcro that holds the tablet in place within the case feels secure and you can turn it portrait or landscape easily. Cut outs are in the right places, however the bottom of the case has a cutout that goes around the home button and that can make using icons in the very bottom tray difficult to tap. A very nice case all around and well worth the buy. No disappointment here!
on November 12, 2013
I'm reviewing for the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition.

So far, this is the only case I've found that will let you charge your table while closed. If you look closely you'll see a slot on the spine. All other cases have a fully closed spine, so you'll have to leave the case open whenever you charge this kind of tablet.

The only downside to this design is that it doesn't rotate 360° like the popular versions.

My particular case smells like industrial glue, but for $6...
on January 6, 2014
I did a lot of research before buying this cover. Pricing and protection as well as accessibility to all connection ports was priority concerns. This cover has it all. Pen is useless to me and gets in the way when sending a signal to my tv. Other than that, a very well designed product that should protect my Samsung tablet 2014 edition for years to come. By the way, I dropped my tablet from bathroom sink to floor and was protected with no damage to my device.
on September 12, 2014
This rooCase is very good for what I was looking for. It has the flip style to it, so it can be used as a stand too. It looks sharp and of quality build. My complaints with it are that the edges of the device (2 of them at least) are open. If I were to drop this on one of them, I'm sure it would do some damage. I am also not too keen on the pen attachment. The pen itself is cheap, but has a soft silicone tip that you can use for touching the screen (which I do like that). However, it is placed on the top outside of the case, which catches constantly when I am putting it into my bag. Other than that, I think this is a great case and suits the needs I was looking for.
on September 28, 2014
I like it. One thing better is if the thing would rotate on a swivel which would be 5☆. Nice to be able to rotate, but still old technology separating the velcro and repositioning. I retired my much heavier case which was fixed horizontally -- big pain for vertical viewing with photos and reading. This case is light weight, a +. Would not protect corners in a fall, a --. Durable.
on January 15, 2014
Perfect fit, with cutouts for access to all necessary controls, stylus, usb port, I/R emitter, etc. Seems to be of good quality and I'm finding it much easier to use the tablet than it was before I had a case. I'd recommend this without reservation. But have realistic expectations, as some reviewers are complaining about it's lack of protective properties. This case isn't meant to be waterpoof, it's not a vault. Still have to take normal care. It may (or possibly not, there are infinite ways to abuse a device) protect the tablet in a drop but it's not an otterbox or strong box. It's a case. Not a force field.
on April 2, 2014
PROs:
-The case is well made.
-It is designed specifically for the Note 10.1 2014 version.
-The auto wake/sleep function works well.
-The cut-outs allow use of all functions, including access to cameras, USB connection, etc.
-Designed to prop up in both landscape and portrait modes. (Requires detaching and re-attaching using velcro.)

CONs.
-The fit is slightly loose, and the tablet slides down a bit, which means there is too much give when pressing the on/off button and volume controls.
-The leather strip above the menu-home-back buttons intrudes slightly into the screen, which can interfere with access to text and graphics at the edge of the screen. When in landscape mode, this makes it difficult to swipe from the bottom of the screen at the center of the tablet. (That's no big deal.) In portrait mode with the power button on the right, it interferes with access to the multi-window tab when it is minimized.
-The cover does not close well if the business card slots have several cards in them.

SUMMARY:
I plan to keep it, but the loose fit and the intrusion of the case into the screen area are significant annoyances that reduce my rating by two stars.
on November 11, 2015
I waited a while to write a review to see how this case held up. It's been over a year now and I'm still completely satisfied with it. I had been a little worried the constant bending/unbending would weaken the structure but so far there's been no problems. I put it on as soon as it arrived and I haven't taken it out since. I make an effort to be gentle with it, but I tend to fold the cover back under the tablet when I'm taking notes and so far I'm impressed with the way it has held up.

My favourite part is the velcro system that allows you to re-adjust for different angles than those pre-determined by the case itself.

If I remember correctly, some reviews had said that they wished there was a hole for the charging cable, and I decided I would just make one myself if I had to, but I didn't! They must have updated the product, I can charge my tablet while it's closed up in the case no problem.

I would definitely buy this case again, so I'm a bit disheartened that it doesn't seem to be available on Amazon anymore. I hope it's still being sold somewhere!