5.0 out of 5 stars Best choice
Published 10 months ago by mamabear

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor design, poor quality lead to great disappointment
I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 and decided, because of the low price, to purchase a black rooCASE Dual-View Folio (part number RC-GALX7-TAB3-DV-8K)to both protect my Tab 3. What a mistake! I am very disappointed, especially after seeing the large number of positive reviews of this product.

I found that the design and quality of this rooCASE to both be...
Published 13 months ago by WC Sungod

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor design, poor quality lead to great disappointment, October 6, 2013
WC Sungod "Ron" (Walnut Creek, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: rooCASE Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Case - Dual View Multi-Angle Stand Tablet 7-Inch 7" Cover - BLACK (Electronics)

I found that the design and quality of this rooCASE to both be poor. Access to the power button is hampered by the small hole in the case and by the position of the pen holder. The cover of the case is held closed by a small magnet, which doesn't keep it closed securely. The ribs that are supposed to allow the Tab 3 to be held in an angular upright position on a desk so it can be viewed are inadequate. My Tab 3 ends up sliding down so it's basically flat on the desk shortly after I set it in the default landscape position. It never stays up when I attempt to set it in the portrait position. To put it in portrait position requires that the interior part of the case that holds the Tab 3 itself be removed and repositioned. The way this part of the case is held in place is with a Velcro strip. The amount of Velcro is inadequate to hold the Tab 3 securely in portrait position, contributing to its inability to stay upright. I found that any attempt to use the Tab 3's Home, power, and volume buttons or to tap the screen with my finger when it's in an upright position would cause the Tab 3 to slide down and end up flat on the desk.

The genuine leather Dual-View Folio rooCASE needs to be redesigned. But keep the pen; it's the one thing about this product that I liked. It works perfectly to tap the screen, especially when using the Tab 3's small portrait-mode on-screen keyboard.

Until now I've never returned anything I've purchased from Amazon. The rooCASE cost only $11.97 including California sales tax. But I'm going to return it (including the pen) so my $11.97 can be credited to my Amazon account and I will use that amount toward the purchase of a different, better, and more expensive case for my Tab 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best choice, January 8, 2014
I reviewed many cases online and in the stores and finally chose this one. I never expected it to be as nice as the ones I saw at BestBuy for $40-$50, but it had all of the features I wanted (capability to move screen from landscape to portrait, kickstand, full protection, etc. ) boy was I surprised when it came in. It's nicer than those $40-$50 ones and even better.... it had more useful features than I expected. Pleasantly surprised by all the features and extremely high quality of this case!!!! Not many products get a full 5 stars from me, but this one definitely deserves at least 5 stars!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good tablet case overall..., November 23, 2013
Quite suitable. Only drawback is the pen holder is right in the way of the volumn and on/off controls. :-(

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this case, December 26, 2013
I purchased this for my husbands Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and it fits perfectly. The quality is amazing and so thick. He loves using the stylus pen and using the swivel option on the case. I will be purchasing one for my tablet soon. Great item. Great seller. Will purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product! Highly recommend, April 5, 2014
I've had this case for a few months now and it is great, the quality is top notch. I don't turn it on the Velcro much for portrait viewing, however it is used every day and has stood up to normal daily use very well. Has a nice magnetic strip to keep the cover closed when not in use. The provided stylus is nice to use and the fact that there's a convenient spot for it that is out of the way is very nice. Would definitely recommend this case.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointed, March 7, 2014
Looking at the pictures, I though at first this case had a 'swivel' feature and thought to myself 'hey, that's cool.' But alas, its two pieces, the tablet holder is Velcro to the back of the case, which can be removed and re-position. Other than that, the case is a bit bulky. The stylus it came with is pretty cheap, I replaced it with another one I had. Does it look good, yeah, it does, I'll give it that much.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what expected but OK for the price, February 25, 2014
The magnetic flap doesn't work very good (only St a small point of one corner) and the vertical orientation is unusable
Although very elegant

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as advertised., January 21, 2014
Perfect for our needs. Our tablet fits perfectly and all the camera's are accessible. Love the pen that comes with it. Makes it work even better as my finger sometimes hits multiple buttons. No complaints at all for this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, December 26, 2013
Saw similar stands for my Tab 3 in Best Buy for a lot more so was happy to find them on Amazon for 1/2 the price after having spent $160 on the tablet. having hands free is a big plus for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Case, December 21, 2013
I ordered this case for my Samsumg Tab 3 7.0. Wow, great fit and quality! It was also less than half the price of comparable products from the big box stores. Excellent quality and fit. Two thumbs up!