4.0 out of 5 stars Nice stylish shell
Published 21 months ago by DeTechTive

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Rugged, Stylish
Published 21 months ago by E. Parris

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice stylish shell, October 2, 2012
This review is from: rooCASE Ultra Slim (Brown) Leather Shell Case for Apple iPhone 5 (Newest iPhone Sept 2012) - Updated Version Perfect Snug Fit (Wireless Phone)
Length:: 3:14 Mins

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Rugged, Stylish, October 4, 2012
E. Parris (Centreville, VA) - See all my reviews
A perfect fit for the iPhone 5, this case is remarkably simple. Its a rugged plastic shell with a soft interior and a plain leather exterior. The leather is unvarnished. Though the pictures make it look like swede it is simple brown leather. It looks great but I can imagine over time it will absorb oils and sweat and become more attractive. A nice natural counterpoint to the precision technology of the iPhone 5.

UPDATE:
I purchased this case fairly early on and it developed a fantastic, rich brown patina...but... the early models had a thin strip that ran along the face of the device above the mute and volume controls. After 6 months or so it got nasty from wear and tear. I'm happy to see that they modified the design and eliminated that tiny strip leaving a nice notch for those controls. Much better design, I bought a new one and now have to wait another 6 months before I get back to that nice patina.

Worth the wait.

2nd UPDATE:
The new model I purchased in March has some sort of sealant on the leather. The first developed a beautiful, rich patina over a couple of months that just got more rich with time. The new one has stayed the same color (a sort of artificial looking brownish-orange). None of the richness or charm of real leather. Whatever they did to "improve" the leather has lost what I found appealing.

I lowered my rating from 5 star to 3.

3.0 out of 5 stars Real leather?, February 9, 2013
It smells like plastic and glue, so I'm pretty sure that this is not made of real "cowhide leather," but it looks good enough, and doesn't scratch easily. The fit was snug and secure on the iPhone 5 - there was no sliding or any room around the edges once I snapped it on. I did drop my phone while it was in this case, which resulted in no damage to the phone or case - the phone popped out of the case slightly at one edge, and I just snapped it back in. Pretty sturdy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Iphone 5 Case, October 15, 2012
In my original review, I noted that the case was not snug and the iphone moved around in the case. Also the mute and volume buttons were not easily accessible. I also noted that the leather was a bit rough. The iphone fit on the case is being addressed by the company.

I increased the number of stars based on the fact that the company proactively reached out to me to discuss my issues. The customer service representative, Florence, was amazing. In all my years of purchasing products, I admire the companies that listen to customer feedback and try to rectify the issue. I am going to try another rooCase and we will see how that goes. My thoughts are that the experience will be better as they are constantly improving their products.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect case, June 12, 2013
Perfect case at the right price to protect my iPhone 5
Fits on my dock perfect.y, it was packaged to keep the product safe in shipping and is exactly as advertised.

2.0 out of 5 stars Real Leather?, February 13, 2013
I do not think this is real leather. I have no "special training" however the product is cheap and if it were real leather I'd be suprised. I had a real leather case before and it was MUCH different. The product fits well but feels very CHEAP! I do not feel comfortable saying this is a "quality product" and I think the description was a bit misleading. This is my opinion though- if I could make the purchase over I would rather try a different product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classy looking case!, February 11, 2013
When I read other reviews, I was worried that the fit would be off, but after snapping it on, the case fits well and feels nice. It gives the phone a really nice classy look. The only knock on this case is the fact that it's very susceptible to scratches. More so than other leather cases I tried.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slim, fitted and leather, January 10, 2013
This is an understated cover for the iPhone 5 -- with the touch of elegance only available from leather. I gave it as a gift, and it fulfilled my hopes to make a truly unique and expressive statement without saying a word. :) This is a good product for the price, and is more affordable than the options offered by any of the cellular service providers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit my iPhone phone perfectly, January 6, 2013
I wanted something simple that would protect my phone. This was it. It snapped on perfectly. I am pleased with this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, May 1, 2014
Save your money. This is not worth the price very cheap. Not even sure it is leather, so I'd advice to do t bother getting it.

Rate and Discover Movies