What is the range of this router in a newer home with just drywall walls? Is there a customer support number with free 30 days or more?
asked by Emily D. Wollen on January 23, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
I purchased this a few months back, and it is currently in an older home, i.e., 100 years old, and the range seems to be housewide, including 2nd floor. This is through old style plaster not drywall. It is handling video streaming at one of the furthest points, say around 40'. Hope this helps.
browny21 answered on January 24, 2013
Comment (1) | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
1. @ Emily D. Wollen, This device works great throughout my apartment. I live in an apartment, and I have yet to have an issue being in other rooms. I am an IT professional, and this little guy is one of two routers in my home. I apartment is on the first floor, but in the back of the building. And yet I get great service outside on the front side of my brick apartment building. It will work.
H. Copelin answered on January 24, 2013
Comment (1) | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
the range is variable depending on the home. A kitchen, fireplace and utility room will lower the transmission range but it should cover a typical 1500 SQFT home well. As far as support goes I am sure Cisco gives you startup support.
Cguy answered on January 24, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have a two story home and it works great ..no problems anywhere in the home.
BEVERLY R. answered on January 24, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The range is pretty good, we have no problems in our house thru drywalls. Not sure about the customer support but most likely you will not need it. This is a high quality product.
CaliforniaGardening answered on February 3, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product