Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 5, 2007 10:32:04 AM PST
H. ALSHUKRI says:
I was waitting to correct the problem that everyone is talking about. is this problem corrected now ???

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2007 11:59:54 AM PST
K. Cannon says:
All I can say is that I ordered it at Amazon earlier this week and received it yesterday from UPS. The discs in question were indeed the corrected versions, with all of the correct features intact.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2007 3:27:07 PM PST
I ordered mine on 12/28 and was shipped the version with the problem. I've already called the 800 number and they're sending the envolopes to send back the two discs.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2007 4:40:17 PM PST
I ordered mine on 1/3 and received it yesterday but it still has the incorrect discs.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2007 6:45:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 5, 2007 6:45:54 PM PST
I am also waiting. It looks like Amazon is getting though their stock and as they run out, the corrected version is being shipped, which probably explains why K. Cannon who received his yesterday was correct and James Mc Creesh who also received his yesterday was incorrect.

I think I'll wait a few more weeks. I've waited this long, what's a while longer?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2007 8:22:52 PM PST
bbertt says:
I ordered 12/28, Disks arrived today with the problems.
I thought this had been resolved since Amazon took the disclaimer down. As it is past 11PM on Friday on the East Coast, I'm sure now is not the time to call WB. Hopefully the phone number is working on Saturday.
And I discover Amazon dropped the price 5 bucks to boot!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2007 12:01:06 PM PST
AldoFan says:
I ordered this set 1/3/07 and received it 1/6/07. It has the wrong discs AND the tin was all dented in. I've currently been on hold on the toll-free number for 45 minutes with no end in sight.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2007 12:42:32 PM PST
H. ALSHUKRI says:
I already order the set on late 5/1/07. I'm hoping that I will recieve the correct set like K.Cannon because it is difficulte to me to call WB since I used international shipping

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2007 4:59:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 6, 2007 5:00:31 PM PST
bbertt says:
Yeah I was on the phone for over 3 hours today in 2 separate calls, with no answer. I started another thread asking if there were any options other than the phone number, someone replied that the Superman customer service number was closed weekends. Ya think they could have put that on the voice mail!
I'm going to complain to Amazon on Monday and tell them they should stop selling this product until the situation is resolved. Maybe they can put pressure on WB to come up with a better solution, such as filling out an online form to get the envelope, if all they need is your address. Maybe Amazon can work as a broker with WB in resolving issues sold through their site. Amazon's customer service seems to be far more competent in dealing with these issues than what I've seen from WB.
Otherwise, How did you end up making out Aldo Fan?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2007 9:50:20 AM PST
The set I received was also quite severely dented on the front cover so I decided to return it for a refund. I'll try ordering again in another few weeks maybe

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2007 6:00:58 PM PST
H. ALSHUKRI says:
so the set is dented, how about the discs it self is it the correct ones?
and by the way what am I missing here? as fare I know, disk 1 is missing 2.0 mix while 5.1 already there, right??
and in superman III what is exactlly missing ?
Thanks in advance :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2007 6:50:11 AM PST
Superman III is missing most of the advertised bonus features.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2007 9:29:30 AM PST
The set was dented and had the incorrect discs.

Superman The Movie is missing the original 2.0 mix, and Superman III is just the 2001 release with cast and crew profiles, and the theatrical trailer.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2007 2:03:49 PM PST
H. ALSHUKRI says:
It's seems from the new reviews that they are satisfied with their sets except of one or two, so it seems that they got the corrected set.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2007 2:24:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 10, 2007 2:29:03 PM PST
AldoFan says:
I sent the first set back and got the replacement set the same day but it has the discs with missing features also. I keep trying to call the 800 number but have wasted over 5 hours on hold now on three separate attempts. I really don't think they are answering the calls anymore. Thanks for asking bbertt.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2007 3:13:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 10, 2007 3:15:34 PM PST
AldoFan says:
FINALLY! After 6 hours on hold some foreign man answered my call and took my information. I know I don't even have the envelope yet and am nowhere near getting replacement discs but at least I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Apparently they are only open 10 AM to 10 PM EST. Am I the only one who did not know this?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2007 9:37:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 10, 2007 10:13:36 PM PST
I ordered my copy on January 2nd and got it in Monday the 8th and I received the incorrect version of Superman III, but got the corrected 2.0 mix of Superman.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2007 10:26:10 AM PST
Vader81 says:
You can order the set even though it's still defective since you can call the 800 number and get replacement's. I got my set about a week after it was first released and I called the 800 number the day I received my set and I was done in less than 5 minutes. A week later I received the pre-paid envelope and I put it in the mail the next day and another week later I received the corrected discs. I live In California and that is where they are shipping the discs from.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2007 2:53:28 PM PST
I ordered this set on Sunday, Jan 28 and received today (2/2). Superman III is the correct disc, but Superman I disc 1 still has the wrong audio.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2007 8:16:17 PM PST
Michael P says:
The 5.1 audio stayed extactly the same as it was but the 2.0 stereo track should have changed. Here is what you do... Start your dvd on the title credits sequence when the Superman shield is displayed the 5.1 audio should still be the sound of steel being hit or pounded after that click the audio button on your dvd remote & switch the audio to the 2.0 stereo track & then rewind the disc back to the beginning of the title credits sequence when the Superman shield first comes up & stops there now shouldn't be the sound of steel being hit or pounded.

Try this & see how it goes.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2007 9:17:08 AM PST
James Morgan says:
I ordered the set on January 29th and Amazon sent the old versions.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2007 12:22:54 PM PST
I ordered another set on January 19 and received it last Monday, January 29. Luckily, I received a perfect set - no damage to the packaging and all the correct discs. Finally this long saga to get the right box set is over... for me anyway!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2007 1:15:07 PM PST
Jim Kraizel says:
Hello.
Would you mind posting the UPC for your box set? I had heard the new, corrected version would have a new UPC. For that matter, if anyone else has the original, incorrect version and would care to post that UPC for comparison, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2007 2:28:34 PM PST
I think the old bar code was 012569 819122
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition (Superman / Superman II / Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut / Superman III / Superman IV: The Quest for Peace / Superman Returns)
Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition (Superman / Superman II / Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut / Superman III / Superman IV: The Quest for Peace / Superman Returns) by Christopher Reeve (DVD - 2006)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (318)