Is Volume 1 the same as Season 1

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 7, 2007 9:05:27 AM PST
C. Bunker says:
Does anybody know if this is being released with the episodes in chronological order or if this is more of a "best of" compilation. I can seem to find the answer in the product description.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2007 9:10:17 AM PST
I'm not certain, but if I recall the very first episode featured Loretta going to Mary's talking about a mass murder.
I did hear that volume 1 will be the first 25 episodes.
This series and Maude were some of the best television ever produced. Any thoughts?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2007 11:10:28 AM PST
calvinnme says:
Wikipedia has a recent entry that says "In January 2007, SONY TV announced they will be releasing a 3-DVD set of the first 25 episodes of 'Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman'." Thus, it seems they will be the first 25 consecutive episodes. It would be confusing to do it otherwise since it was a pseudo-soap opera. Unfortunately the first season is 130 episodes! I hope volume one sells well so we can get them to release the rest.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2007 10:09:50 PM PST
Surely SONY TV will release all of this serial, albeit in very limited quantities. Let's face it, this is rare and obscure television history. I would guess that only a mere 5000 copies of each volume will be produced. BTW, what's your favorite episode/storyline? Mine is that whole Derelda Dereemus escapade! I remember rolling on the floor in sheer delirious laughter.
I think Mary Kay Place stole almost every scene throughout this serial. Her delivery as an actor was so natural and "believable". She was the glue that held this experiment together.
It seemed as if each episode was done in one take. Notice all of the "un-polished" lines Dody Goodman flubbed. But I didn't really care. Taken as a whole, with the daunting production schedule, this was television at its most pure and innovative peak! Wow, how many episodes were there? How many volumes?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Feb 7, 2007
Latest post:  Feb 14, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman - Volume 1
Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman - Volume 1 by Louise Lasser (DVD - 2007)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (154)