Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Will the scanner lift up for scanning books, i.e., my music book pages? Or is this only for single pages or photos?
asked by Clarissa Westenburger on December 19, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
Yes, I do it for my knitting so I can annotate as I knit and reduce the weight of my knitting bag. Take your time lining up your book. I find that my scans are a little off center. I find that I can improve the scan if I hold the scanner cover down during the scan otherwise the scan fades off near the bound edge. If the page content without the margins is more than legal sized page you will need to go to a copy shop.
E. Rice answered on December 19, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
yes the lid of the scanner does allow a book to be scanned. I don't know how thick your book pages are, but can accommodate an average size
Amazon Customer answered on December 19, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The lid lifts but only from rear hinge however there is plenty of room to put a book facedown while lid is up! Scanning area is slightly larger than a 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. So Yes, I would say it would work to scan book pages.
Buyer answered on December 19, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have never tried scanning a book but the lid lifts up and you can fit an open book on top. I haven't tried to scan one yet.
mary reed answered on December 19, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The lid pivots up until it is perpendicular to the rest of the scanner, so you can put anything directly on the scan bed. The lid can also be lifted straight up about an inch, so if the book isn't too thick you can pivot the lid back down flat on the book to cover it and/or hold it down.
Tony M. answered on December 19, 2012

A
Yes, you can scan your books. You are only limited by the size of the glass on the scanner. As indicated in other comments, the lid lifts up to a perpendicular position and can also be raised about an inch at the hinges. As with a photocopy machine, if you just hold the book in place, even without lowering the lid, you will get your scanned copy (the edges will be black of course, but that's easily trimmed off)
Robin answered on December 19, 2012

A
Yeh the lid would lift up for scanning book but you still manually flip pages of the book. It'll take a while to scan the entire book. I would suggest look for some handheld scanner with medium quality instead
Kevin "Random" Le answered on December 19, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This scanner will scan books just fine.
Steph answered on December 19, 2012

A
When I scan information out of books, I leave the lid up and if necessry I put a stack of books beside the scanner so that the book being scanned is lying flat.
Tirre F. answered on December 19, 2012

A
Clarissa, yes it will, I had no problem whatsoever in doing it.
Bruno J. Bischoff answered on December 20, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product