Fujitsu ScanSnap S300 Color Mobile Scanner
Used & New from: $150.00
scansnap disk is full error has anyone else had this error after sccaning a few high quality docs?
asked by Luke on June 10, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
how big is the drive that holds your "My Documents" folder? if you are scanning multiple, colour, double-sided pages at high quality resolution you may end up with a single doc that will take 100MB+...
ig answered on June 11, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just ran across this today. Trial and error finally yielded a bingo. I had too many files in the root directory of the ScanSnap docs. I created a Mscl folder within my ScanSnap docs tree, then dragged + dropped most files there. This eliminated the disk-full error message, and ScanSnap returned to normal.
P.Broadnax answered on July 1, 2009

A
Thanks - I tried this and it seems to fix the problem at the moment - thanks again for replying
Luke answered on July 1, 2009

A
Thanks as well, its strange though as I have 500gb drive and it appears to be a limitation with the software program that ships with the excellent scanner
Luke answered on July 1, 2009

A
Yeah, I've been using a couple of ScanSnaps for over a year, with no problems til today. Like you, I have a 500g drive, so I was stumped. When rebooting brought no relief, I literally sat and stared at my file mgr, trying to figure out what, if anything, changed. That's when I realized that I'd been lazy/ sloppy the past few weeks- not bothering to organize the docs into assorted folders. Live & learn, eh?!
P.Broadnax answered on July 1, 2009

A
Ok what do you mean created an msd folder in the Scansnap docs tree? How do I do that?

Thanks,
Scott C. Borison answered on September 16, 2009

A
Ok what do you mean created an msd folder in the Scansnap docs tree? How do I do that?

Thanks,

A

Thanks,

A

Thanks,

A
He means MISC, for Miscellaneous.
Just create a new sub-directory, then drag n drop your files in there.
The root directories apparently fault when they get too big, so you have to reorganize every so often to keep the roots clean.
Full Time answered on January 5, 2010
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product