Canon PowerShot SX260 HS 12.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 20x Image Stabilized Zoom 25mm Wide-Angle Optical Lens and 1080p HD Video (Red) (OLD MODEL)
Used & New from: $300.00
Can you see the screen to frame a shot outside in bright sunlight?
asked by Christine A. Chapman on December 26, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
Yes, without any problem. Please keep in mind that if you have polaroid sunglasses on it does make it difficult to see the screen on any camera.
Daniel Winter answered on December 27, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I really do not know, because I have not had it in the bright snow. With any LCD you will have trouble seeing the scree clearly in the bright sunlight. You can shade it with your hand or clothing, etc. That should help. However, because I take pictures skiing and at the beach, I also bought the A1300 for a little under $100. This does not have all of the features of the SX260, but it seems to do pretty well. It has an optical viewer as well as the LCD. It has 16 MP pictures, has good color reproduction, 5x magnification, takes a variety of SSD cards (I have an 8 GB card - but I have a 32 GB in my AS260). The A1300 is a bit smaller, whichis also nice for skiing, and because it is so inexpensive, I am not worried about ruining it in a crash. Note that the A1300 takes AA batteries. The good news is you can get them in most places, the bad is that if you use rechargeable ones, you will need a more bulky recharger on your trips. I still like the SX260 and plan to use it a lot.
Professor Dave answered on December 26, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I haven't had any difficulty using it in sunlight. I haven't taken it to snow or the beach yet though. However, since I haven't noticed an issue or even thought twice about it, I don't anticipate any problems. I haven't even turned up the LCD brightness all the way (no need)!
L. Novik answered on December 26, 2012

A
I've only had the camera since the beginning of december, so I haven't used it in a lot if sunlight. However, the shots that I did take outside, I was definitely able to see the screen. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Anne Crossetti answered on December 26, 2012

A
I haven't tried it in bright sunlight, yet. Good question though, as I hadn't thought about the lack of a normal viewfinder. Might hold on to my old camera just in case, it took great daytime shots but was poor in low light situations.
allison answered on December 27, 2012

A
Yes! I had no trouble seeing the image that I was photographing..And I just spent 12 days taking the pictures in Aruba and the islands. All my pictures came out beautifully and I'm an amateur photographer per say.
janetshopper1 answered on December 27, 2012
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have been able to frame my pictures on a boat in the Atlantic by Kennedy Space Center. I haven't had it in snow, so I can't tell you if the zoom mechanism would freeze. It does have several settings, including shutter speed priority and I S O priority, and flash on off or auto, in order to reduce the glare of the snow and to control the field of focus so the non focal elements of the picture can be made to be in focus or out of focus, depending on the effect you want. The camera takes super quality movies also and has a GPS locator for your pictures. I''ve just started exploring the features of this camera. The only drawback I see is the drawback of all point and shoot cameras: the delay time from when the button is pushed until the picture is recorded. Other than that, this is my favorite camera since my Canon f t b (1977)
Keith D Cleborne answered on December 27, 2012

A
No, I don't know of a camera you can see the frame in bright sunlight. I will say the frame is large and it is much easier to "estimate" than on other digital cameras I have owned in the past.
Andie Black answered on December 28, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have had my camera out in bright sunlight, and I can see the shot no matter what's around me. In strong sunlight around highly reflective surfaces like snow, concrete, and sand you might get a glare. I sometimes have to compensate for glare by changing my angle of view of the camera's back (that is, I have to move my head a little to see) or shading it with my hand. But given this one caveat, it's fine to see.
Henry's Mom answered on December 29, 2012

A
Yes, you can see the screen in bright sun light pretty good - just tried it for you today.
Martin_34 answered on December 30, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product