Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation
Can you see the screen to frame a shot outside in bright sunlight?
asked by Christine A. Chapman on December 26, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
Yes, without any problem. Please keep in mind that if you have polaroid sunglasses on it does make it difficult to see the screen on any camera.
Daniel Winter answered on December 27, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Professor Dave answered on December 26, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I haven't had any difficulty using it in sunlight. I haven't taken it to snow or the beach yet though. However, since I haven't noticed an issue or even thought twice about it, I don't anticipate any problems. I haven't even turned up the LCD brightness all the way (no need)!
L. Novik answered on December 26, 2012

A
I've only had the camera since the beginning of december, so I haven't used it in a lot if sunlight. However, the shots that I did take outside, I was definitely able to see the screen. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Anne Crossetti answered on December 26, 2012

A
I haven't tried it in bright sunlight, yet. Good question though, as I hadn't thought about the lack of a normal viewfinder. Might hold on to my old camera just in case, it took great daytime shots but was poor in low light situations.
allison answered on December 27, 2012

A
Yes! I had no trouble seeing the image that I was photographing..And I just spent 12 days taking the pictures in Aruba and the islands. All my pictures came out beautifully and I'm an amateur photographer per say.
janetshopper1 answered on December 27, 2012
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Keith D Cleborne answered on December 27, 2012

A
No, I don't know of a camera you can see the frame in bright sunlight. I will say the frame is large and it is much easier to "estimate" than on other digital cameras I have owned in the past.
Andie Black answered on December 28, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have had my camera out in bright sunlight, and I can see the shot no matter what's around me. In strong sunlight around highly reflective surfaces like snow, concrete, and sand you might get a glare. I sometimes have to compensate for glare by changing my angle of view of the camera's back (that is, I have to move my head a little to see) or shading it with my hand. But given this one caveat, it's fine to see.
Henry's Mom answered on December 29, 2012

A
Yes, you can see the screen in bright sun light pretty good - just tried it for you today.
Martin_34 answered on December 30, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product