will this seagate backup plus 4tb stream my videos on my hdtv?
asked by Rafael Vivanco on December 21, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
It works like this, your tv being how they make them will have inputs, much like on game systems do. Usb input, because your tv works like that of a computer monitor. I do hope you own a newer tv, that has such inputs, if not or if it doesn't work, you could work around this, using a video game system. Ie Playstation 3. This link shows you how http://www.ehow.com/how_11399360_format-seagate-goflex-ps3.html if you have another game system, I suggest just doing a simple google search like seagate xbox360, Etc. I hope this helps you out and works for you!
Chris Glacken answered on December 22, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hmmm, it's an external harddrive. I don't know whether there are HDTV's yet with the software capable of saving files to a hard drive and playing them back from there themselves. I use my computer to do that. I save all my files and video to the Seagate, and then when I want to view them on my HDTV I connect my computer to the HDTV, using it as a large monitor, open the files from the Seagate using my media player software (VLC), and display them on my HDTV. Hope that answers your question.
Adam Rosenberg answered on December 22, 2012

A
I got the 2 TB version. It is not capable of streaming wirelessly or thru wired connection. I view files on the hard drive on my PC and hook up the PC to HDTV via HDMI. You are probably looking for a NAS such as Synology Diskstation that can allow streaming to HDTVs
RAMACHANDRA SATTIGERI answered on December 22, 2012

A
Yes it should. the only problem is that it is not reliable hard drive. So your choice if you want to buy. If you check Seagate review they usually fail after 1 year or 2 (for 2-4tb desktop drive) and the data recovery is very expensive. I am currently using western digital book (2 tb) and its working great since 4 years.
Deep answered on December 21, 2012
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product