Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Serenity [HD DVD] forum

How to select Dolby 5.1 and not DTS from menu?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 1, 2009 4:14:32 PM PST
J. Wilson says:
This is strange. I can't seem to figure out how to select Dolby 5.1 and not DTS from the disks setup menu. My sound works fine on the previews but no sound in the movie. My receiver doesn't have a DTS decoder. Any ideas?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2010 1:18:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 2, 2010 1:19:52 PM PDT
BlueDemon says:
Try pushing the Audio button on your DVD remote which will toggle through the Audio soundtracks on your movie (DVD, Blu-ray, HD-DVD). This can be performed while the movie is playing. I have not come across a DVD that only had a DTS track.

You might also try disabling the DTS audio output from your DVD player. Normally this option is under Audio Setup from the DVD player setup menu and is often only adjustable when the movie is stopped.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2010 1:25:44 PM PDT
J. Wilson says:
Well BD will send down core 5.1 or DTS through the TOSlink. I decided to upgrade my receiver to a new Onkyo and take advantage of the TrueHD and Master Audio DTS with Audesey DSX Wide 7.1 setup. It sounds awesome!!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2011 9:02:21 AM PDT
The bluray might not have a Dolby Digital track. Only DTS.

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 2:02:44 PM PDT
BluRay often has only DTS tracks. Set your player to output PCM instead of bitstream. This will cause the player to decode the DTS instead of your receiver.

If you receiver is connected to the receiver with only coax digital or optical cable, you'll lose surround, but will get stereo. If your receiver is connected to the player via HDMI, then there's a good chance you'll get full surround sound.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Serenity [HD DVD] forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Dec 1, 2009
Latest post:  Oct 21, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions