Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 654 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 17, 2009 2:55:55 AM PDT
Yeah Yeah says:
Amazon.com suspended my seller account and they took away my selling privileges without any Justice. Now i don't have job and i can't provide anything for my family
I hope God will put you same situation Jeff Bezos like am going through right now and i will pray for this every single day, I will continue spread my words and the tell to world what kind of person you are
Amazon can suspend your seller account without any explanation

Posted on Nov 10, 2009 3:02:56 PM PST
Hope says:
I want to share my story about getting kicked off Amazon. In the past, i thought people got suspended for good reason.
Bad customer service, not describing your item acurately, not keeping your inventory up todate, plus not mailing items in timely manner.

This is my story, i sold on both amazon and on ebay since 2000,i got kicked off amazon in 2005, i am still on Ebay as a Power seller, with elevated rank.

When i got kicked off Amazon, i was shocked. I will tell you that i sell Christian publications, i won't name the religion, but there are only five other sellers
to this day, that sell on amazon and ebay with large volume of items. It's a small circle. We all know each other.

I always, been given a bigger discount, from the two church publisher because of my volume of sales.
This was great for me, i was able to price my items lower than other book sellers.
I had a great advantage. I didn't see myself as a target. This was Christian sales.

i started getting bad feedback. different people with different addresses would say my new books
weren't new, when they were. I 'd get complaints about the mailing time, i sold books, so they went media mail.
I noticed i was getting more complaints, and people would not contact me first, they would just give me a negative. I didn't understand
what was going on. Some of these complaints i knew were down right lies. i refunded unhappy customers, but at that time,
the bad feedback still remained. I got placed on warning with Amazon to improve my performance. Thought i tried harder.

I just got more negative feedback. Someone even said i had snot on their book. My bad feedback started to escalate, i got almost five bad feedback in a row. I was mortifed.

I knew these people were lying. I stood on my high horse, and stood firm in my principles because i knew, i had done nothing wrong.
i got kicked off amazon.

Now when, i look at my feedback, i cringe. I would of kicked me off too.
This was from different names at different address, i couldn't see any connection. i was steamed,
I am embarrassed to say, i was starting to think people in my religion were super picky,
or that, they just complaint in order to get a free book. I worried that the word had gotten out,
that, if you complained, she would refund you in full.

I embarrassed to say, I was starting to become paranoid about people in my religion. i certainly wasn't seeing things clearly.

My son, had sold on amazon, and he had gotten kicked off, because he had been too successful, he could not fill his orders in a timely manner.
He was in the reserve, and had to go for long periods of time, his wife was suppose to fill the orders, while he was gone,
but with two small babies, she wasn't doing a good job, so he got kicked off Amazon.

So i knew that it could happen to me, but I thought my relationship with Amazon over 5 years, my high sales, and my history meant something.
I was wrong, i was one of millions of seller with bad feedback.

Getting kicked off Amazon effected my sales, tremendously, but i was still selling on ebay.

Then Three years later, 2008 ebay started cracking down on it sellers feedback performance. I started to have problems
with my feedback on Ebay, i remember my feedback percentages dropping, and i couldn't figure out
what i was doing wrong. People were claiming my items weren't new, when they were. i was upset,
i had this one seller, who had bought 100 items from me. They refused to pay me after 30 days,
you have to report them to ebay, but i didn't want too, because they can retailate, I CERTAINLY DIDN'T NEED 100 NEGATIVES.
but i didn't want to pay ebay commission, on something i had not been paid for, so i reported them.

The buyer immediately gave me 100 negatives in a row.
I just knew, i was going to get kicked off ebay, so i called Ebay to tell them what happened.

i talked to a nice employee, who was a God sent, he told me that the buyer, had four other accounts linked through
his paypal account, That he had left me negatives totaling 109 using these different identities. He told me i needed
to block this person immediately, and though, he said he could not tell me, this person true idenity.
That i needed to block everyone who had ever given me a negative, that would take care of my problems.
I did as he instructed, in four months My rating on ebay shot up from a low 98.3 to 99.5 ( I'm not perfect)

This ebay employee knew what was going on, i was clueless. i now understood, that
this buyer , who's true idently i will never know. Had seen me as a threat, and was trying to get me kicked off ebay.

My blocking ability saved me. Ebay removed 100 of the 109 bad feedbacks left by this person.

i hope this information helps other people. I'm pretty sure i got kicked off amazon four years ago, because
of this same person. At the time, i was going through this bad spell with Amazon, i never dreamed
that someone was setting me up. This is done and over with for me. However, i hope by sharing my story, with others
it will help. Apparently there are instructions on the web on how to set up phony accounts, though most people
use these, to defraud innocent buyers, there are also those who set up these accounts, in order to force their competition off of amazon/ebay.

Don't think i don't know it's ironic, that this happened in the Christian Market, but as always there are wolves in sheep clothing.
I get it. I hope amazon, today, is more pro-active like ebay, to help it's sellers avoid these wolves, so to speak. if it happened to me, it can happen to you.
Especially, if your seen as a threat, and your competitors can't compete with your prices.

Posted on Nov 14, 2009 1:12:41 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 19, 2010 10:26:47 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2010 11:46:47 AM PST
to be quite honest with you i wouldnt even consider using ebay or paypal, especially paypal. ive got a good friend thats in the middle of a legal battle with paypal for "freezing" his account. he had sold a guy a completely benign gun barrel (NOT A GUN, but just the metal tube the bullet travels down, NOTHING ILLEGAL, ECT) and next thing you know, paypal sent him a notice that they freezed his account, and siezed over $24,000 bucks because he sold a firearms RELATED product, (NOT A GUN MIND YOU BUT A BARREL). if you read paypals terms of service, they can freeze and close your account, keep your money,ect INDEFINATLEY at their own discression. when you sign up with paypal, and you click the "i agree" button, your giving them permission to take your money anytime they wish, close your account, charge your credit card or banks account at THEIR discression ,ect. beware!

as far as amazon goes, i think if a seller should get more than 3 negative feedbacks in one month they should be booted off.

Posted on May 8, 2010 12:24:30 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 10, 2010 8:17:12 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2010 9:05:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 29, 2010 9:06:26 PM PDT
Amazon buyer says:
Yep. I have PROVEN to Amazon with a 100% feedback and over 2 years of perfect performance and still have been suspended for BOGUS claims that I can PROVE ARE LIES. Amazon claims items are in WRONG catagory but I personally checked ALL of my 252 products AND ALL are in correct catagory. Claims items aren't NEW, yet I am authorized dealer and have PROOF OF PURCHASE and everything is under manufactorer warranty, still with tags. God better handle this, or my lawyer from Prepaid Legal Will. I am disabled and this is MY ONLY income and I depend on it, and being closed for this 3 day weekend HURTS me financially, mentally and because of my health physically.

Posted on Jun 8, 2010 8:04:52 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 8, 2010 8:11:54 AM PDT
LionZion says:
My account got suspended, then they decided to suspend my roommates account too claiming we are related, then somehow they "hacked into my email and suspended the account of my friends who live in a different city too and are doing business for their own families

Mind you, they are withholding my funds for 90 solid days...? i incurred expenses which should be paid back..i should charge them my own interest fee too for withholding this money for that long.

Amazon is behaving like a NAZI propaganda machine by trying to exterminate any person am related to , or has ever come into contact with me...(known, perceive or unborn)

Is this constitutional, is this a free market economy..I need a good LAWYER who can handle this...any Answers

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2010 8:57:06 AM PDT
Amazon buyer says:
Prepaid Legal. www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/jonnaplante Top lawyers are $35 a month in California and the law firm is 4th largest in the state, and may differ slightly in other states. but I can set it up so someone can help you in your state. I am disabled and this is my only income and Amazon seems to shut down my doors for policy violations but EVERY violation has been WRONG and it can be proven that I am doing it by the book and have not violated their rules and have always complied or quickly responed with passion to any problems with them. I have 100% ranking, 4.9 out of 5 stars and sell ALOT and make Amazon alot of money so I am not why I am picked on, most often right before a holiday of any kind. If you truely feel you are being taken advantage of, you can let me know and I can help you.

Posted on Jun 21, 2010 10:21:27 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 25, 2012 9:47:18 PM PST]

Posted on Jun 21, 2010 10:30:09 AM PDT
Katherine says:
this is the kicker. they say they want to hold your money for 30 days then after 30 days they say 90. this hold is in case there are chargebacks. but after 30 days returns are not accepted. and definately noy accepted by amazon. so why the 90 day hold?

Posted on Jul 7, 2010 3:46:30 AM PDT
I want to find a solution. My Seller Account has been suspended even Amazon don't want to tell me what is the reason. I had a seller account and had good feed back of 99%. In addition to that, I emailed Amazon at performance@amazon.com
the email included(((
Hi
My Account has been suspended, . I always buy my books from Amazon and had been an individual seller with no experience. However,Now I have the full ability to sell my books at Amazon with no problems. Amazon will become a main source for me. I'm willing to do what it takes to get my suspension release.
This Is my account ID vip9vi@hotmail.com)))

However, after sending many emails nothing changed my account remain blocked.

Posted on Jul 7, 2010 2:12:46 PM PDT
I have been an Amazon.com power seller for over 4 years with 99% feedback and many return customers. I live in a multi-family home with other relatives of the same last name. One of them did something on Amazon and got kicked off (what I don't exactly know) - as a result Amazon.com kicked me off as well because our accounts are "related". I send them emails telling them that although we live in the same dwelling and have the same last name, we are in separate apartments and our accounts are not related (he had opened his account about 6 months prior to getting kicked off). As you can guess, Amazon didn't care. This has resulted in the total loss of my business including my online toy store. Now I am stuck with about $30k in merchandise and no business.

I attempted to sign up with Amazon again, with a different name, userid, password, email, bank account, etc. But some how they "know" it is me and I have been kicked off. I don't know how they know this or a way around this, does anyone have any ideas?

Posted on Aug 17, 2010 10:58:03 AM PDT
MR Apadirect says:
I guess I am not alone here and I sincerely feel for those that lost substantial amounts of money. My situation is a bit different... I just received an email yesterday stating my account was permanently suspended. They claim my product was a counterfeit when I even offered to mail one of the units to them to be inspected and ratified. I have been told the decision is final and there is nothing I can do. I asked if i could be reimbursed for my 2 day old pro merchant account guess what they said? you guessed it NO. It baffles me how these people seem to have a vendetta against their sellers and you are guilty even if you can prove the contrary. I wish Amazon nothing less than a full blown case of oral chlamydia.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2010 6:11:18 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Sep 3, 2010 6:30:33 PM PDT
Amazon buyer says:
Sadly the only recourse may be to get an attorney through Prepaid Legal where you only have to pay $35 a month yet have top AV rated attorneys protect your rights. www.thankgodforppl.com - I did, and when their is a problem I document and call the 800 number Prepaid Legal gave me and complain and tell Amazon what I am doing. Thank God its worked. I love Prepaid Legal.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2010 6:32:15 PM PDT
Amazon buyer says:
It's sad. I had someone claim that a pair of sunglasses weren't brand new. I had verification and full proof they were. Amazon gave the buyer the money and they got to keep the glasses too, so I am out $200 X 2 out.

Posted on Sep 22, 2010 4:25:54 AM PDT
Same thing happened to me this morning. The best part is the whole "try to determine why your account was blocked" thing. How the HECK would I know, since this is the only account I've ever had, and Amazon refuses to give any information?

90 days of holding my money! Excuse me while I FAINT!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2010 10:29:43 AM PDT
Amazon buyer says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 1, 2010 9:53:05 AM PDT
D. Energy says:
First off, I would like to start by saying that I am baffled on how Amazon is treating their loyal customers. I have been a Amazon buyer for several years and just recently started selling on Amazon. Yesterday, I received an email that my account has been suspended because they believe my account is somehow related to another old suspended account.

I contacted Amazon's customer service this afternoon trying to find out any information regarding my account suspension and was informed that someone with my last name had a previous Amazon account which had been suspended and therefor caused my account to be suspended.

Although, I understand Amazon is trying to protect itself from seller's whom have taken advantage of Amazon's policies, I am being wrongly accused. I have never violated any of Amazon's polices and have never created another amazon account or sold any items on Amazon under any other name.

I am a BRAND NEW seller to Amazon, and have never conducted any fraudulent activities on Amazon. I understand that someone matching my last name has violated Amazon's policy, but they are punishing the wrong individual.

I have sent several emails to Amazon trying to correct this issue, but seem to be getting nowhere? If anyone has had any luck correcting this issue, please post your ideas of how I can get my account reinstated.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2010 9:23:09 PM PDT
M. ELLINGTON says:
Any Luck? They suspended me for no reason at all as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2010 9:26:10 PM PDT
M. ELLINGTON says:
Amazon suspended my account ad is holding my funds for 30 days for no reason. No customer complaints or anything. I have shipped out over $2000 worth of inventory now I cant get the money I earned out of amazon for 90 days. Any ideas? Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2010 9:45:28 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 12, 2010 2:39:55 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2010 11:49:52 AM PDT
D. Energy says:
If you account has been suspended for a linked account, your out of luck!! They will not reverse their decision for any reason. However, If you account has been suspended because of other reasons such as; negative ratings, too many returns..etc, you need to provide a long letter explaining the situation and you might have a chance. I didn't have any luck!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2010 8:33:06 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 3, 2012 5:20:36 AM PST]

Posted on Oct 26, 2010 5:01:19 PM PDT
Jason Wolf says:
Over 3 years ago my account was suspended. I had 22 positives and 3 negatives. Out of the 3 negatives, one person wrote, its been over a week and I still haven't received my item! The other 2 where buyer fraud trying to get refunds as well as product. The seller has NO protection whatsoever and absolutely no help from Amazon for buyer fraud. 3 years later to the present I am fighting to get my account re-instated and I have written them 6 times only getting an instant response from a machine telling me no!
It would be one thing if I got an email from a human being with a good reason as to why my account is to remain closed but that's not the case, however after reading all of these horror stories I am not sure its worth fighting to get my account back on if the sellers are not protected in any way. I have heard about allot of this on Ebay recently and I just don't understand why not enough emphasis is on protecting the sellers as well as the buyers as both are needed for Amazon to make money. Maybe there needs to be a sellers protection union created or started up with a small fee each seller pays for legal fees to fight back with the best attorney's.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 27 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  232
Total posts:  654
Initial post:  Oct 17, 2009
Latest post:  5 days ago

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Home & Student Edition [Old Version]
Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Home & Student Edition [Old Version] by Microsoft Software (Mac, Mac OS X)
3.5 out of 5 stars   (723)