Does the 6D have a "crop sensor mode" to use EF-S lenses w/o heavy vignetting? (Nikon's D600 has a DX mode that auto crops)
asked by Roberto Medellin Sanchez on December 13, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
You can use some cropped lens such as a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 DI, but you will have to manually crop in post-processing. Canon EF-S (white dot) will physically not mount.
Graham S. Allen answered on January 7, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Unfortunately No, it's not even possible from what I read. I only have 1 EF-S lens that I bought with the camera as part of the kit, so it did not factor on my decision. Good luck!
romlan answered on December 13, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No, the Canon 6D has no crop sensor mode nor can it use the EF-S lenses. Software cropping does it for me since the full frame carries more detail than any crop sensor is able to produce.
Mox answered on December 13, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Canon EF-S lens are for Canon APS-C or Cropped sensor Cameras. The 6D is a FULL Frame camera and EF-S lenses will not work, nor can they be mounted on a full-frame body without risking damage to the camera body.
J. Reid answered on July 7, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Romlan is correct. You can not use the EF-S lenses on the 6D or any other Canon full frame sensor camera. The EF lenses will work on both full and cropped sensors.
R. Robillard answered on December 13, 2012
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No. And I'll add something the other posters didn't add... It may be physically possible to fit EF-S lenses onto a full frame camera's lens mount with a little bit of effort. DO NOT DO THAT YOU WILL BREAK THE MIRROR IN THE CAMERA AND POSSIBLY DAMAGE THE LENS! Not only is the answer to this no, it's also don't try or you will damage the camera.
Zach S. answered on December 29, 2012
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product