Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Deradoorian Fire TV Stick Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
How do I get to images to come on in my car DVD set...I install it ok...IR lights come on when car in reverse, but I see no images..I need to know!!!
asked by Jason R. Wynter on March 2, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
Check to make sure that your video cable is plugged into the rear video port. Also make sure that if your stereo has a reverse cable that it is connected to reverse power somewhere in your car. On my stereo I just bought some power cable from Autozone and ran it from the back of my stereo all the way through my car and spliced into my reverse lights. If you want to always be able to switch to your reverse feed then you will need to plug the video cable into the alternate video port. However if you are doing this then your stereo's parking cable will need to be bypassed or grounded. Otherwise you won't get a picture when you are not in park. This is similar to when you put a DVD in and take it out of park, your car should turn off the picture so that you can't watch a DVD while your driving.
Kvo Clai answered on March 3, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Your question does not give enough details to answer. The connection is pretty straight forward. You connect the camera to power and you connect the video line to your radio. Of course your radio needs to have support for a backup camera.
Todd Copeland answered on March 3, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
On any radio set with video cable input connected from camera... There is usually an automatic swtching of the screen to show the video input from the rear of vehicle when you are on reverse. However some cheaper radios require you switch to a video screen manually by selecting the proper screen. Double check all required electrical connections and then check your manual for further directions of still not working and all connections were good. If not done... Make sure the video cable is connected to the radio.
starlock answered on March 3, 2013
Comment (1) | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product