Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS
asked by Ananth Agastya on December 16, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
Derek G answered on January 26, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
IE: What listening mode? :) Thanks.
Ananth Agastya answered on December 27, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Ananth, I too had an issue with my pioneer dvd player not reproducing Dolby Digital. It would play DD from the Dish box and usually sounded great. This was one of several "quirks" that made me return this unit.
Steve C answered on January 19, 2010

A
In addition to running your receiver from your HDMI out put to your monitor, run an audio optical cable from your cable/satellite box to your audio input on the receiver, that should fix the problem in all" modes.
Rich
Audiophile "Rich" answered on January 21, 2010

A
Ananth Agastya answered on January 21, 2010

A
The HDMI will take care of the video from your receiver to your TV
Audiophile "Rich" answered on January 21, 2010

A
Ok, that's good to know; but not having a cable box sucks. I should probably do a VCR setup as someone else suggested.
Ananth Agastya answered on January 21, 2010

A
I'm probably the one who suggested the VCR setup. I bought and installed an Onkyo 607 for my son-in-law and he gets analog cable without a box. The VCR is the only way to input the video signal through the Onkyo. I didn't like the VCR tuner so just used the TV's audio outs into the Onkyo's Tv input to get cable TV sound through the system.
John Pressman answered on January 21, 2010

A
You need to connect via hdmi. Ensure that the appropriate soundtrack is selected on the dvd. Often hdaudio track is track1 or 2, selected by triangle on ps3 once movie playing. Not sure using other players. Hd audio lights should come on front panel when you have it working. Ps3 also has to be set to bitstream I think... obviously the blu ray has to have a trueHD soundtrack too. Try The Matrix blu ray as it defo has one.
MarkA answered on December 30, 2010
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product