Fun, sexy read or glorifying abuse if women?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 494 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 4:54:49 AM PDT
Ebeth822 says:
That reminds me: did you ever figure out how google works?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 4:56:11 AM PDT
Ebeth822 says:
You imply that everyone who bought the book liked it. That's not true.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 1:35:05 PM PDT
W.Westphal says:
"If women didnt like this book, then why has it sold more than 10 million copies? women that dont like S&M buy it, why if they dont like it? why dont they buy something they like then?"

Ha! Take a look at the Amazon reviews. Over 1,6oo one star reviews.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 7:50:55 PM PDT
John Ibi says:
They still bought it knowing it was SM. They might not like the story or the English used, but if they buy SM, is because they expect and want to read it.
Most women dont buy books on how to fix cars, but they did buy 50 shades!

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 8:19:34 PM PDT
Ebeth822 says:
I bow to your clearly superior knowledge of women. I am amazed.

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 8:37:34 PM PDT
John Ibi says:
Well, if you knew it was about SM and you dont like it, why did you buy it? why didnt you buy a book about something you like?
For not liking the book you spend a lot of time talking about it.

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 9:16:59 PM PDT
John Ibi says:
Gabi44, Ok, the women that you mention sometimes cant get away from that situation, that is true, but these women buying the book have a choice not to read a story about "consensual abuse", so why do they chose to read it?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 9:53:33 PM PDT
Ebeth822 says:
I do like bdsm. This book wasn't about bdsm. This book was about a juvenile, dysfunctional crush. I saw deeper "love" in junior high. More S&M, too, for that matter.

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 10:39:12 PM PDT
John Ibi says:
Ebeth822. I see what you mean. Can you please give some bdsm book suggestions that you consider is good Bdsm?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 7:08:48 AM PDT
Ebeth822 says:
Http://bit.ly/MRhueg

Read de Sade, ffs.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 7:38:50 AM PDT
Gabi44 says:
do we really have to go down that road..R E A L L Y ...seems the Hardcore is coming out

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 8:17:44 AM PDT
Ebeth822 says:
Are you referring to the link or de Sade?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 11:31:47 AM PDT
Gwennyth says:
Brava!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 11:56:33 AM PDT
Gwennyth says:
OMG, de Sade was the top of the line in utter perversion.
Fifty Shades is not de Sade. Whoa,let's not go there.
Acting out fantasies in real life can be fun. How many in this forum have watched Korean dramas? The actors very often play the parts of the domineering,cranky, aloof,handsome, rich playboy CEO or hero ( Lee Min Ho in City Hunter),that eventually turns to jello over the awkward female. It's incredibly sexy and they do a lot with a wrist grab,hot,close look,
or kiss. There's a lot of elevator kissing scenes,etc. It is pretty effective as a formula.
BDSM however is a choice. Anything that is not mutual consent is not free choice.
Fifty Shades was fifty shades of f****d up and knew it. The book doesn't promote BDSM or abuse, rather the opposite. It shows that not everything is right for everyone during a particular period of that person's life. While not everyone has a "playroom", there are consenting adults that do kinky that is not BDSM. Like elevator scenes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 1:52:16 PM PDT
Ebeth822 says:
Nobody ever follows my links. *sigh*

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 1:59:43 PM PDT
Gabi44 says:
Because in Reality most here are not really into that life. They just want the epic Love Story ,from whatever is hip to talk about, you will see in a few month people will realize that Fifty wasn't exactly what they wanted and they will look for something else. There are women who push this Book so it doesn't loose it's ranking, not because it's an interesting Book , no just so it's stays on top , like the Kartrashions or Paris Hilton or Jersey Shore, Teenage Moms ect ,despise the poor writing of an old cougar with a mind of a 16 year old High-school Girl

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 2:13:20 PM PDT
L'tl Scout says:
Hi Ebeth: how are you? Who's not following your link?? I see Gabi is as mental as ever, now it's the word "cougar" she's obsessed with, lol! I am (as I promised my daughter) reading the perks of being a wallflower, I am taking a break, YA, can't really deal with it, lol! But a promise is a promise :(

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 2:41:46 PM PDT
Gabi44 says:
stop bullying me, again ..thanks.....calling me " mental" crazy and so on. Are you on your period

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 4:09:42 PM PDT
W.Westphal says:
I follow your links.:)

Really peeps, click on the link. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 4:30:24 PM PDT
Ebeth822 says:
Hey Pam! John is an expert on women but doesn't know how to scratch his own butt. And M Baker says de Sade is a perv but... Oh wait. He's right about that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 4:31:04 PM PDT
Ebeth822 says:
THANK YOU!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 5:20:58 PM PDT
L'tl Scout says:
Ebeth: LOL! Sade was more then a perv, there should be a better word. Who's John? I've been out of the loop.... Better yet, who's pissing you off, is he defending Fifty???

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 5:55:33 PM PDT
Ebeth822 says:
Hell, half the people here defend 50. That doesn't tweak me. Unless I'm reallllly cranky or PMS-ing. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 5:57:35 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 9, 2012 4:48:53 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 9:10:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 8, 2012 9:22:38 PM PDT
John Ibi says:
your lack of respect reflects what you are. That is why you cannot respect what other people like. your 2ex life must be so much fun and your men must be super satisfied.
you were saying you might be PMS-ing, and maybe you are right, I suggest you read "The Female Brain" by neuropsychiatrist Louann Brizendine and read about the biological brain state that women have.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  59
Total posts:  494
Initial post:  Apr 4, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 17, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy
Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy by E. L. James (Paperback - April 3, 2012)
3.5 out of 5 stars   (31,830)