Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

why she's never played carnegie hall

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 22, 2009 8:14:48 AM PDT
L. Steidl says:
It's a question I keep asking myself over & over. One of the greatest popular singers and she's never performed, as far as I know of, at the famed Carnegie Hall. I understand why she plays arenas of course, money & she can fill them up......but to hear her in that acoustic jewel box would be a thrill!

Luigi ~ nyc

Posted on Aug 29, 2009 7:25:06 AM PDT
fpr says:
According to this site: http://www.bjsmusic.com/liveperf.html, she did in fact, play Carnegie Hall in June of 1968...

Posted on Aug 29, 2009 7:55:01 AM PDT
L. Steidl says:
Thanks so much for that link and info regarding Carnegie Hall, as I was not awares that she ever performed there.

I'm wondering as it was a benefit concert, if she was part of a number of performers who sang that evening, as opposed to a solo concert.

Luigi ~ nyc

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2009 10:33:15 AM PDT
She has played in CH. She is the real DIVA

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2009 11:53:23 AM PDT
459 Dorillo says:
If a dump truck filled with cash is backed up to her Malibu back door (BACK door, please! Not the front: new carpet!); and IF the Hall is demolished and re-built to her exacting, sonic standards; and IF everyone promises to look ONLY at the right side of her face; and IF she is guaranteed all broadcast and recording rights; and IF the president, governor, mayor, senators and all city councilmembers attend a pre-show press conference and weep collectively at the magnitude of her artistic contributions (YENTL!!), then I assure you Barbra Streisand (SAND, like sand on the beach!!) will grace that hallowed stage with her angelic presence and sing Everfreakinggreen for the 9,000th time.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2009 11:53:38 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 22, 2009 7:55:06 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 23, 2009 9:33:32 AM PDT
L. Steidl says:
hee!hee!hee! as much as I adore Streisand, I did get a few chuckles from your comment 459 Dorillo!

Luigi ~ nyc

Posted on Sep 28, 2009 2:25:10 PM PDT
It's nice to see Ms. BS still in controversy.
Her greatness demands it.
Honestly I don't know how an appearance at Carnegie Hall in '68 could have gotten by me.
But I can only guess if she did do a number at CH it had to be the last spot on the program.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2009 2:37:30 PM PDT
Jeff Bazell says:
1. She may make alot of money but she has donated about $30 million to charity since 1986 and has been singing benefit concerts since 1963.
2. She does not make you look at the right side of her face. Written years ago that is so stupid Barbra doesn't dignify it with a response.
3. She does not get broadcast/recording rights. That's done by lawyers and believe it or not she owns hardly any of her own stuff.
4. She doesn't ask dignitaries to attend her events. Believe it or not, the majority of intelligent world leaders and local politicians are simply fans. I've actually spoken to many of them at several of her concerts.

Do you have anything nice to say? Or would you rather hear every sob story from most celebrities talk about their drug addictions, child molested youths, has-beens who can't get a job except reality shows? Just curious.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2009 2:51:28 PM PDT
You're pathetic

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2009 2:53:00 PM PDT
Really? What planet are u living on?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2009 10:12:04 AM PDT
P. Mcelvain says:
Didn't your parent's ever tell you that if you don't have anything nice to say...say nothing!!!

Posted on Sep 30, 2009 1:12:51 PM PDT
459 Dorillo says:
Streisand is a performer -- an artist, as they like to be called nowadays. Performers and artists are open to criticism. And parody and humor are perfectly acceptable, even necessary, critical tools. Why are they necessary? Because without parody and criticism, performers often take themselves much too seriously. They do things like retreat into bubbles of obsessive narcissism. If the slobbering fealty of their fans continues unabated, these artists are at grave risk of wasting their talent on terrible albums. Albums like "Wet" or "Butterfly." Or terrible, terrible movies like "A Star Is Born."

The great thing about a little push back is that sometimes it makes these performers think twice (as push back makes all of us think twice about our own stances and assumptions). In the case of Streisand, push back in the form of dreary album sales for the abominable "Emotion," led to "The Broadway Album," an astonishingly sincere and beautiful work of pop art.

Now that that issue is settled, let me ALSO say that it is odd that someone who loves The Truth so much didn't put a picture of herself on the cover of her latest album. Instead, she has chosen to use a photograph of her 37 year old cousin who, by the looks of her, operates a tanning salon and Palate's studio, when she isn't posing for chenille sale ads at Filene's Basement.

Posted on Oct 1, 2009 11:25:20 AM PDT
L. Steidl says:
Funny how people's "taste" can differ, as I believe "A Star Is Born", "Wet" (minus the awful "I Ain't Gonna Cry Tonight"), the vastly underrated "Emotion", and "Butterfly to be among the finest things Streisand has created......and now comes along another brilliant creation with "Love Is the Answer"

Luigi ~ NYC
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Aug 22, 2009
Latest post:  Oct 1, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Love is the Answer (Deluxe Edition)
Love is the Answer (Deluxe Edition) by Barbra Streisand (Audio CD - 2009)
4.2 out of 5 stars (325)