Why is shipping so ridiculously expensive for Brazil? I was about to buy a small bottle of eye cream to an address in Brazil as a gift for a friend, but when I got to checkout, my jaw dropped at the shipping cost: $141! I thought it might just be the seller, but I tried it with another product. Same thing.

I've had things sent to Brazil from Amazon before and I don't remember it being this expensive. What gives?
asked by Wayne Huang on December 13, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 29 answers
A
Oh God I agree! I haven't sent anything to Brazil but having things sent to my home in Michigan is ridiculous. Not as much as $141 though. I saw a few products I liked and they were only like 4 bucks but shipping was 8!
Asia answered on May 26, 2012
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Believe me, the ridiculous Amazon 207% increase in international postage of 1 cd to Australia and many other parts of the world must be costing Amazon and its sellers a billon in lost sales. I used to buy dozens of cds per month from Amazon USA. I now buy ZERO and that's been my proud total for several months now. The original postage of $6-89 was hefty slug for 1 CD then as it used to cost dealers $4- to $5- to postage a cd internationally. Now it is $14-29 per cd Amazon (207.5% increase) you have certainly LOST my business permanently and many of my collecting mates too have stopped buying from Amazon.
And my guess is now... gee it's going to be really hard to get us back as regular buyers again.
LOL Someone in Amazon needs their butt kicked!
Andy M. answered on May 8, 2013
Comment | 25 of 25 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I bought a book, a hat and sunglasses. 100 euros plus postage 60 euros!! 125 dollars, it´s out of this planet. I live in Finland not in the moon.
Jyrki K. answered on June 29, 2013
Comment | 9 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Totally agree, was about to buy 4 things, shoes, a watch, etc and it totaled 169$ and with the shipping 341$. In the US! This is crazy! I went to Zappos.com and bought 4 pairs of shoes for 169$ with free shipping! They didn't have the watch but I felt it was very fair for my buy! They even accepted next day shipping. I love Amazon but I think shipping costs are excessive....it will force us to loose loyalty to them and look for more options... so sad .... but true
MER answered on September 30, 2012
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Shipping to South Africa is so expensive via Amazon. Products end up being twice as expensive, a real deterrent to online shopping, especially when we are already losing with the Rand-Dollar exchange rate being against us. Wish there was a better method of getting the items one wants.
Dr. Lewis answered on August 21, 2012
Comment (1) | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
CRAZY! I went to buy a product of $35 dollars in value and extremely light...$350 dollars shipping!! PASS
Hayden answered on August 30, 2013
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Shipping to Thailand is so expensive I ordered 12 books. The shipping was a 100 dollars. This will be the last
jessica answered on June 24, 2014

A
I don't know why? But I live in the UAE and not only am I subject to high shipment costs (Around $200) but where I live has also imposed custom duties for goods purchased which costs 20% of the good purchased!!!! I also tried ebay but I am shocked to see shipment cost of $60, 80 and even 250!!!!!! No Joke. I stopped purchasing from both ebay and Amazon. Even sending a small book abroad will cost me $60 using a local courier!
Majd Kaltakji answered on August 11, 2013
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Agreed, Amazon is not what it used to be and further more, it has to contend with the likes of Book Depository (Brooks) and WOW HD (Movies). I only buy from Amazon if I can't get it anywhere else (Which trust me Amazon, is getting rarer and rarer these days)

I don't expect free shipping but compared to what it used to be, it rarely makes it worth buying from Amazon these day.

Super Saver might be nice for those in the States but it's super punisher if you live in New Zealand.
Kyle J. answered on September 12, 2013

A
AGREE 100%
Shehab answered on June 30, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›