shipping soon??? no it didn't!!!!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 2:54:53 PM PST
I called customer service when I saw it still said "shipping soon" and was told they had more orders than they were prepared for, so they are shipping out on first come first serve basis. They will not guarantee Black Ops 2 will get here by the release date!!!!When I ordered this, it guaranteed delivery by release date of Nov. 13. Now they spin this lie! They knew how many were ordered, how many they had, and what staff they needed to ship them. I will never trust Amazon again and will do my shopping elsewhere.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 3:13:00 PM PST
I got my shipping notice about 530 pm eastern time, fingers crossed its here tomorrow

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:25:49 PM PST
S. Sigle says:
They still have time to ship it, why don't you wait till you don't have it before you claim they didn't give it to you.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:45:12 PM PST
Mine still says shipping soon, I live in Maryland

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 5:14:56 PM PST
i bet all these users panicking about not getting the game tomorrow are the same little kids cussing at you on xbox, i been pre ordering games since 09 here and it always shipped the day before release and never had a problem

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:40:31 PM PST
Mine has not shipped yet according to them. I also ordered Midway Arcade Origins , also release day tomorrow. In case of Black Ops II the date it says I should get it is still tomorrow. I emailed the customer service and told them why don't I still have the tracking number. They did not say why, but assured I should still receive the game tomorrow.

This is not the first time Amazon screwed up the release day delivery for a big game like this for me. This is a repeating occurrence and it stinks of unprofessionalism. If my game does not arrive tomorrow I cannot do pre-orders on Amazon again. This is sad. Amazon is the best place to shop, or was before. But now, no free credits. No good pre-order extras. Game aren't guaranteed to be here on release day. Just what happened at Amazon. Does anyone know if its some budget cuts?

If any of you have emailed Amazon about it what did they tell you? You can email to just ask them a question. Its not like you're filing a complain yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:42:21 PM PST
You're not the only one who's been ordering games on Amazon for years and obviously if we were little kids we'd not have access to the credit cards and the account itself. In the past we'd have "guaranteed release day delivery" and the tracking number would arrive day or two before and would be a guarantee that game was shipped.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 4:58:00 AM PST
I can say this based on their email to me saying I won't get it on release date: From Isah B.,Amazon.com
"I've verified that the release date of this item is November 13, 2012 and that this item is temporarily out of stock from Amazon.com. I hope you'll understand that we do our best to ensure that all of our customer orders leave our fulfillment centers as quickly as possible. I'm so sorry about this delay -- we certainly didn't expect this would happen."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 5:33:58 AM PST
RichardP says:
lmfao calm down kid its just a game

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 5:36:33 AM PST
That is unfortunate. I can only suggest, if it is something you care about, to contact them over again and explain that any pre order especially for a big title like this is something gamers have to have day one for two reasons, one is because that is why they preordered it, and because you planned for it to be there, planned something at home with your friends to play the game, changed plans. Since amazon actually does not literally owe you anything, even if it is their fault that they miscalculated the demand for the game, you can ask nicely but directly if they can compensate you in any way with store credit. You're not in position to demand anything since you have no leverage except taking your business elsewhere, but if they even give you $5 or $10 store credit for their admitted failure to fulfill in time (unless you preordered it on few days before release you know) it pays off the chips and soda you may have bought to party when playing the game.
Just saying you should ask nicely and underline you are the sufferer here.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 5:40:54 AM PST
Also, Angry Mom, if you are actually a mom buying this for your kids I suggest you don't let them play this very violent video game unless they are over 15 or so or you think they are mature enough to see people shit in the head and die or executed by grenades. Treyarch makes more violent Cl of Dury games than Infinity ward. Dont get me wrong you as parent have every moral and legal right to expose your kids to anything, even beat them in my opinion, if its for discipline (though Id not do that)
Just make sure you know what you are giving them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 5:42:39 AM PST
Remember that even if you do decide to drive and get the game at the store instead of waiting, you can still return unopened game copy to amazon if it arrives later and you are unable to cancel the order.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 5:49:28 AM PST
Philip Brown says:
I ordered mine at 5pm last night and it has shipped and setting on my UPS truck out for delivery right now.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 6:01:04 AM PST
Where do you live Philip?

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 6:10:19 AM PST
Viv says:
Mine still hasn't shipped and I ordered it a month ago. So pissed! Yeah, I could return it to Amazon, but pay the return shipping. I preordered from Best Buy when MW3 came out and got it release day.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 6:35:49 AM PST
Philip Brown says:
@Jason C. in Oklahoma

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 6:38:51 AM PST
Thanks. Mine shows that it has shipped but UPS doesn't show that they've received it. I'm hoping it just didn't get scanned or something. I live in Virginia and I think it's shipping from Kentucky, so it's not far.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 8:19:39 AM PST
Philip Brown says:
@Jason.. good luck.. hope ya get it today.. I have had that happen with UPS once. Was a nail biting day. was calling my wife on the hour for 5 hours....

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 8:21:16 AM PST
Did you end up getting what you ordered on time when it happened to you? Unfortunately, I'm stuck in class all day and will just have to wait until I get home to see if it showed up if the tracking is broken.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 8:22:51 AM PST
Philip Brown says:
yes it arrived on time.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Xbox 360
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Xbox 360 by Activision Inc. (Xbox 360)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (2,518)