Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Good zoom lens for A55 shooting Video? The Sony rep said as he was demo-ing the A55 to me that a zoom on the camera had to have a focus motor to shoot video well. Anyone have any experience with that?
asked by Gary McCready on April 18, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 answers
A
I purchased the A55 several months ago. The camera does auto focus well while shooting video with the 18-55 kit lens. However, the zoom function during video does not work smoothly like on a camera with push button zoom. Because the zoom on the 18-55 lens is so stiff, it is almost impossible to have smooth (not jerky) zooming while taking video shots. Other zoom lenses may be much better, but it is in general it is more of a challenge to get good video from an SLR than it is with a low cost HD video camera.
Amazon Customer answered on May 26, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I agree with Greg. I won't be buying this lens again because of this.
Matt Roseboom answered on January 22, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product