Customer Discussions > Micro: A Novel forum

You should be extatic for this new book

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 7, 2011 8:32:00 AM PDT
You guys are shameless. You idiots are trying to promote your own books through michael crichton when you should be posting about how excited you are to have his final book coming out. Though it was only written one third by crichton himself, it is still a stepping stone in his career and should be cherished as his final, and hopefully best novel in all his years. Crichton is missed terribly and his contributions to not only peoples entertainment, but also to the fears of the world and scientific theories that seem so real, but possibly aren't due to crichton. Post here if you are joyous for this new book in crichton's twenty or so odd books, all wonderful and delightfully frightening in their own way.

Posted on Jun 19, 2011 4:30:13 PM PDT
I just discovered this book by mistake and am so excited. Crichton is far and away my favorite author. Unfortunately, I've collected all his books (even a few John Lange ones) and have run out of things to buy! When at a old/used/collectible bookstore last month, I decided to fill the void of not having any more Crichton to read, I would start looking for alternate covers, early editions, etc to add to my collection.

In the last few weeks, I've been reading Preston (I had read Cobra Event years ago, but never looked into The Hot Zone: A Terrifying True Story or The Demon in the Freezer: A True Story (Hardcover)) and am loving him. He has a similar style to Crichton and the fact that he's mostly writing non-fiction makes it even more entertaining.

Today I decided to go to Preston's site to see if I could find links to more information, and bam! right in front of my face is info about Micro. Awesome.

I've already pre-ordered and may order 2 copies so I have one to beat up and really enjoy and one that I can keep as a "collectible"

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 3:04:52 AM PDT
Bookworm says:
There is a distressing trend to keep dead writers alive through all matters of means. It rarely works. If the ghost writers were that good, they would be writing - and publishing - their own books.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2011 5:23:27 PM PDT
Thank you for your post Brittny. I too am I huge fan of Michael Crichton's and I too am sad and excited at the same time with the release of this novel. Sad that it was indeed Michael's last, and excited to finally have the book that contains the final thoughts of one of the most influential men in history. I don't think that the general public will ever fully realize just how much Michael Crichton has left us with and how much he has influenced us all. He is sadly missed, and I only pray that people will continue to read his books on into the future and see all the warnings and beauties he has bestowed upon us. If not, we will only continue to repeat our mistakes....insanity.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011 7:59:07 AM PST
Do do you become extatic?

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 7:43:16 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 11, 2012 7:43:40 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Micro: A Novel forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Jun 7, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Micro: A Novel
Micro: A Novel by Michael Crichton (Hardcover - November 22, 2011)
3.1 out of 5 stars   (693)