Customer Discussions > Borderlands - Playstation 3 forum

should i get my son these games

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 24, 2010 9:55:41 AM PST
C. Anticoli says:
hi my son says he wants killzone 2, borderlands, and resistance: fall of man
should i get him these games ? he is a very mature twelve year old and owns modern warfare 2 and assassins creed 2
please reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2010 5:11:55 PM PST
hmm if you want your son to grow up to be a true man the i would more than get hi those titles.

Posted on Jan 25, 2010 12:29:19 PM PST
yes ask random people how to raise your kid. smart. its like reading a self help book. only you know your son. research these games and compare them to what your son can comprehend and handle. you tube the games and watch the trailers and gameplay to research the titles.

Posted on Jan 26, 2010 3:53:00 AM PST
Ryan Beckman says:
I think the question relates to content (Angel and Mikey)- and judging by the games you say he's already playing- I think you already know the answer to your question. Also, mentioning that hes a "very mature" 12-year old, I infer that you think he "should" be able to play these games, or that you are- at least in some abstract sense- "forgiven" for letting him play them. Given these things, the reason you would come here to ask these things remains a mystery.

Posted on Jan 26, 2010 12:48:30 PM PST
J1M_288 says:
I'd say absolutely! Especially Resistance and Borderlands because you can play coop with him. Perfect parent to son bonding... ;)

Posted on Jan 27, 2010 10:28:45 AM PST
Are you asking the nerds who can barely run their lives here how to raise your child? Just confirming.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2010 6:21:21 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 31, 2010 6:21:42 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2010 6:24:54 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 31, 2010 6:25:14 PM PST
C. Anticoli says:
no im just looking for some peoples opinions. i was just a little concerned on what "mature humor" ment on the back of borderlands. no need to be snippy

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2010 6:26:54 PM PST
C. Anticoli says:
yeah i guess your correct, i was just examining my options and checking with some peoples opinions

Posted on Feb 1, 2010 9:41:23 AM PST
Not trying to be snippy but it's very subjective. What I think is appropriate is different from what Angel, Ryan, Mike, Ryan, or James think. You alone has the answer because you are the only one who can decide what's appropriate or inappropriate for your child.

There are literally tons of game play videos on YouTube. All you need to do is to watch a few and make up your mind. I have a 14 years old nephew, I don't let him play any other games you mentioned above when he visit. I can't only by my own judge, no one can you yours.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2010 2:12:57 PM PST
C. Anticoli says:
ok i guess i now know that i have more options on how to figure out which games are good for my son. instead of asking people about my son i should listen to my son's argument and watch the game on youtube. thank you all of you. especially andrew, james and mikey you guys were a great help. : )

Posted on Feb 5, 2010 11:59:00 AM PST
I'm playing Borderlands now. As far as "mature humor" goes, I'd have to say it's more like "immature humor". There are some references to male genitalia, but not presented in a sexual manner. If he's twelve, it's nothing he hasn't been hearing for the last 3 or 4 years, most likely. If he's already playing MS2 and AC2, and you're OK with that, he should be just fine. Gameplay-wise, I'm really enjoying the game, too. It gives you a lot to do and really does a good job balancing the challenge to your character level. Hope this helps.

Posted on Feb 14, 2010 8:39:36 AM PST
Raiku says:
if youre worried about how hell act playing these games, do what my parents did. make him promise to never repeat the stuff he sees on them for fear of it being taken away.

Posted on Feb 16, 2010 3:59:56 PM PST
well the mature humor is people melting when u shoot them with corrosive bullets, and the appropriate humor co coincide with electric bullets, flame bullets, and phrases the enemies say. "mmmm... now i can eat another pound of flesh." "more meat for me" and so on when you get attacked.

Posted on Feb 25, 2010 5:30:34 AM PST
KornMuffin says:
I'd start with Resistance which is you shooting aliens. Some of the scenes are gory but I don't remember any foul language or adult content (aside from shooting things and maybe one weapon that lites things on fire). Split screen coop is way to go.

Posted on Apr 9, 2010 6:15:09 AM PDT
Magic Pink says:
No, and you should take away all those other games you've bought for him as well. You're a complete fool. People should need to get a permit to have kids.

I especially love how no one refers to the constant jokes about female genatalia; they're only concerned if male genetalia is mentioned. You all are sad.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2010 12:17:09 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 3, 2010 12:38:54 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Jan 24, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 3, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Borderlands - Playstation 3
Borderlands - Playstation 3 by 2K (PlayStation 3)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (263)