Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM
Unbroken
$0.78
asked by Robert Sweeney on January 26, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 152 answers
A
how about James Franco?? He's a bit similar in looks to the real Louie and has the lean build for the role of an athellete?
It's an interesting thought - the book being made into a movie - but from what I've read in Louie's older biography (Devil at my Heels) previous attempts to make a movie out of his life stalled over his insistence on a proper portrayal of how important his religious awakening was to him. It will be interesting to see what film makers might do with the story.
Liat2768 answered on February 2, 2011
Comment | 20 of 20 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
nic cage would suck hes way too old
Emma M. Mitchell answered on January 26, 2011
Comment | 9 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'm thinking James Franco
HammerFrog answered on February 4, 2011
Comment | 11 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
paxvita answered on February 6, 2011
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My suggestion to play Louie Zamparini would be Adrien Brody (remember him in "The Pianist"). His character, a starving WWII Polish Jew, was portrayed impeccably.

Loved the book "Unbroken", and it's created a desire to read more and more about the era. That truly was the greatest generation. This book should be required high school reading.
P A Roselli answered on February 27, 2011
Comment | 12 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
or Christian Bale?!?!
Liat2768 answered on February 7, 2011
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I wonder what Louie would think? :)
Liat2768 answered on February 7, 2011
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
CM answered on February 7, 2011
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Adrien Brody is an EXCELLENT suggestion! The looks, yes... does he have the "energy" of Louie Zamperini?
paxvita answered on February 27, 2011
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
"I wonder what Louie would think?"
Good question! The actor would have to convincingly be able to play a WIDE variety of personality and temperament. From "incorigible" to a man that is capable of opening the door of his heart and totally, completely and without reservation, recognize the truth that had been his life up to that point. Zamperini was a man of SUCH resiliance.
I love Christian Bale, and he's capable of some good depth, but again the challenge of age comes in.
paxvita answered on February 7, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   16   Next ›

See all questions about this product