You should wait for this edition (re-stock)? or not?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 13, 2011 5:46:36 PM PST
Hi,

I will pre order the standard edition with the $10 promotional code, because it's a very interesting offer, but, i want to buy the SE of this game, so what's your recommendation, I should be waiting for this edition maybe 1 or 2 weeks after the release date... or bought the standard edition with the $10 promotional code... I really don't know.

The first thing is that i like the metal case, and the 2 DLC characters, so i don't know what do you think guys?

Greetings,

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2011 11:05:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 13, 2011 11:20:56 PM PST
R. R. Finley says:
It's anyone's guess whether or not Amazon will restock the SE. Everyone else including the Capcom Store is sold out, so it's not looking promising. At this point, your best bet may be going to your local game dealer on launch day when they first open. They may have extra SE copies on the shelf. Just don't expect them to last long.

As far as I know, Jill and Shuma will be available to everyone next month so you can still get them eventually even with the regular edition. I just don't know what Capcom's going to charge for them yet. At worst, you'll just miss out on the steelbook and better cover art but you'll get the $10 promo code.

Whatever you do, don't pay what some of these resellers are charging for the SE until you know how rare it's actually going to be. Paying 2 or 3 times over retail now would be silly if Capcom ends up pressing more copies after launch.

Cheers.

Posted on Feb 14, 2011 10:14:47 AM PST
Thanks my friend, i just keep in mind the idea that the SE maybe will be available in one or two weeks, but, if i can't found it, i just buy the standard edition....

Well, I just gonna play this game :) (it´s gonna be sick).... The DLC is very interesting for me, but, i can´t wait for a month to get it.

Someone can add me (psn id): luisinho69

Best Regards.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2011 11:02:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 14, 2011 11:04:29 AM PST
R. R. Finley says:
Keep in mind the DLC won't be playable for the SE owners until next month (March 15) either, so you'll have to wait either way. Also, the $10 promo code on the regular edition likely will be gone after launch. I'm pretty sure it's only for pre-orders. Good luck.

Posted on Feb 15, 2011 9:12:27 AM PST
MMX says:
Ha I just picked up 2 SE from a Best Buy a couple of miles from my house. Check local Best Buys

Posted on Feb 15, 2011 9:21:43 AM PST
MajinStylee says:
Dude, GET IT NOW IT'S AVAILABLE ON AMAZON. Hurry before it runs out again!

Posted on Feb 15, 2011 10:14:31 AM PST
I bought about 2 minutes ago THANK YOU YEAAAAAAAAAAH MY MVC3 SE

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2011 10:22:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 15, 2011 10:22:29 AM PST
R. R. Finley says:
Hey, glad you got one! Enjoy!

Posted on Feb 15, 2011 1:05:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 15, 2011 1:18:33 PM PST
Excelente Luis, ya somos dos. Saludos a Venezuela.
Soy hikaru_shindou. Te agrego.

Posted on Feb 15, 2011 2:02:49 PM PST
MajinStylee says:
Que bueno que lo compraste antes de que paró de ser disponible otra vez xD Congrats, man.

Posted on Feb 15, 2011 2:25:54 PM PST
R. R. Finley says:
Looks like they're sold out again.

Posted on Feb 15, 2011 6:20:13 PM PST
I can't believe that i have my own copy of the MVC3 SE YEahhhhhh! Now i just need wait for it and PLAY...

Thanks to everyone...

Excelente Placido nos vemos en el online.... saludos.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2011 11:20:11 PM PST
WRXfan14 says:
If anyone is still looking for a SE copy check Radioshack. I just bought the PS3 version, but noticed they had the 360 version as well. You can also get it shipped to your nearest store for free, or pay to get it shipped to your house.

Posted on Feb 17, 2011 10:59:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 17, 2011 11:00:19 AM PST
T. Ingram says:
If all you really care about is the game itself, pick up the standard edition.
You aren't really missing anything important with the SE. In fact, I'm a bit disappointed with the way Capcom handled the Jill and Shuma DLC honestly. It really isn't the incentive they made it out to be. Sure the SE comes with a code to download the characters, but you have to wait til next month to get them like everybody else. You could say that the 10 extra dollars the SE costs is for the 10 dollars worth of DLC that comes with the game ( Capcom has already announced DLC characters will be 5 bucks a pop).

That being said, the SE's steelbook looks really great. It looks sleek and the art is MUCH better than the standard edition. The cover art actually looks like what you'd see in one of the Street Fighter Udon comics. Also, the SE includes a month free of Marvel's online comics service (a $10 value itself). While maybe alone these things wouldn't make the SE worth paying $10 extra for, together they do. I picked up the SE and I don't regret it at all, but it's just minor little extras that have nothing to do with the the game itself.

Posted on Feb 17, 2011 9:37:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 17, 2011 9:45:38 PM PST
A. Singyot says:
I recently bought mine from Buy.com and they still have a few left. If anyone is interested.

Posted on Mar 3, 2011 4:14:52 AM PST
Do NOT pay more than $70 for this it's a huge ripoff...

Posted on Mar 4, 2011 5:18:51 PM PST
Frankie says:
The Walmart in Allentown, PA has 5 copies available.

Posted on Mar 10, 2011 1:57:42 PM PST
strobeable says:
I threw one in my cart just now from Amazon.com... "Only 1 left in stock--order soon." IT'S MAHVEL BABY

Posted on Mar 14, 2011 11:35:58 AM PDT
speedracex says:
back in stock at the Capcom store

http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/en_US/pd/ThemeID.23395600/productID.222668700/Marvel-vs-Capcom-3-Fate-of-Two-Worlds-Special-Edition-PS3.html

Posted on Mar 14, 2011 8:15:22 PM PDT
strobeable says:
guess it's just as "limited" as any other SE game out there
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Feb 13, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 14, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds: Special Edition - Playstation 3
Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds: Special Edition - Playstation 3 by Capcom (PlayStation 3)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (44)