5.0 out of 5 stars You will love this camera strap
Published on September 8, 2011 by C. CANFIELD

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price but broke in a week
Published on January 19, 2012 by canon owner

5.0 out of 5 stars You will love this camera strap, September 8, 2011
This review is from: Black Nylon Camera/shoulder / Camcorder quick sling strap for Panasonic nikon Olympus samsung Canon Dslr + Cosmos Cable Tie (Camera)
If you are the type of person that feels uncomfortable with a DSLR hanging from your neck... If you like to walk or hike with your camera... If you want a great quality product for a very reasonable price... then you are looking at the right accessory for your camera. You will not be disappointed. I had it attached to my Nikon d7000, adjusted for length and on my shoulder in about 30 seconds. The twist-lock clasp is very nice to work with and feels tough. The tightening screw is easy to work with and has a mount for attaching a quick-connect plate to use in a tripod, monopod, or other mounting equipment. The nylon strap material is not cheap, it is quite heavy-duty actually. The shoulder pad is awesome, very comfortable, fits great on your shoulder no matter what your size, and is something I could wear for hours versus feeling like my neck is cramping from a traditional camera strap in 15 minutes. I also think it will hold up to any amount of abuse you can give it. The only thing I might improve would be the plastic adjusters for the strap and make them metal, but they are still of very good quality and feel sturdy. I recommend checking this out because I was surprised at how much I loved it as soon as I took it out of the package. You will too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quick release strap, October 12, 2011
Christopher Vu (San Jose, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I've already put this product to good use for a children's bday party where I was also helping out with for a friend. Triplets turned 3 so you can imagine the running around with those three and all of the other kids around.

Pros:
-Easily allows quick release to stretch over other people in the way of a good angle.
-Enough slack to take pictures while still attached (I have a Nex-5N that has a screen rather than a viewfinder).
-The connector plate allows me to have a little extra stability when taking pictures since my SLR is smaller.
-Connector works as a piece to hold with my left hand so I can change settings with my right.
-Has the shoulder zipper to keep an extra SD card or something small.
-Easily allows me to keep my camera behind me so I can carry things, on my side to keep an eye on it, and in front of me for quick access.

Cons:
-Carabiner lever is somewhat smaller and makes it hard to connect the plate to the strap at times.
-When camera is not attached, the strap rotates and the shoulder cushion moves to my waist (just a minor gripe)
-Carabiner's coating is already scratching off after 1 full day of use, 2000+ pictures, and maybe disconnecting it maybe 30+ times at the bday party.

Conclusion:
-Do not regret the buy at all, I really put this thing to use. Just wish the carabiner was a little bigger.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price but broke in a week, January 19, 2012
Like the title implies, the strap is very good for the price...functions almost identically to the $60 name brand strap. However, within a week, the lock on the carabiner stopped working. It now just slides up and down instead of locking in place...The carabiner still works in terms of securely attaching to my camera, but it would be nice to have that extra security...Overall, I would still recommend the strap simply because of the price

1.0 out of 5 stars So another lesson learned......., March 25, 2013
Ordered this early March 2013, used it almost everyday on my Canon 7D with a 70-200 L series 2.8 Is lens and worked great until today. The buckle with the secure screw BROKE while I was walking to my car and my Camera hit the nice cushy grass lens first! After examining and testing my 7D I was relieved to find that the camera and lens were functioning properly. The previous night I was shooting in Freemont St in Las Vegas so the fortunate part is that it broke on the grass and not on the concrete floor in Freemont. AGAIN, LESSON LEARNED! Moral, don't skimp on a sling when you have expensive equipment!

1.0 out of 5 stars Righty Tighty ..... Lefty Loosey But Loose is always Loose!, April 4, 2013
The screw that attaches this strap to my Canon DSLR is loose going in ... it will tighten.... but it is loose until it snugs against the base of the camera and the compression against the rubber cushion gives a feeling of security.

I highly recommend that each of you check for the snug fit of the screw as it threads into the base of your camera. Now, having said that, as soon as I pulled it out of the box, I just screwed the thing into my camera and threw it over my shoulder and was feeling good about the whole business...... But, I am also a Tripod user and the reason I purchased this unit is because it would accept my quick release tripod plate... So, I promptly grabbed the base and to my shock, it would not thread into the female threaded socket of this strap! I even held my lip right ... Went through the steps ... Lefty loosey, Righty Tighty ... but it was not going in! That is when I took a second look at the most important thread of all - the one which threaded "Loosey-Goosey" into my camera.

Maybe I got a mismatch? I don't know. But, I highly recommend everyone who buys this and who already has one, to double check the fit. A screw - any screw, should be secure and not wobbly as it threads in. Because it it is loose going in, it is only the compression against the base and the rubber pad that has your camera secure and I would hate for anyone to not discover the problem until wondering why his/her camera is falling to the pavement.....

As a secondary note.... Amazon quickly and freely offered a full refund and issued a return authorization shipping ticket.....

2.0 out of 5 stars My Camera Fell!, April 10, 2013
This strap functioned wonderfully until the carabiner broke after about two weeks of use. The metal clip bent backwards and out, and my Canon DSL + lens crashed - glass face first - to the ground.

My first reaction was to check the product description. Did I overload this? My camera is a 5D Mark II and my lens is a 24 - 70mm 2.8. That's a fairly hefty combination, but no where does it give a weight limit.

I will be returning this, and am VERY thankful that it happened in a way that my lens or camera didn't break (it bounced off of my sneaker first!) although my lens is badly bent on the edge from hitting the sidewalk and I have to jam the lens cap on now.

It was one of the most horrifying moments ever!

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks great but cheapily made, March 18, 2013
I love the idea of a side sling that takes the weight of the camera off my neck. This company was offering these sleings at half the price as the BestBuy brand and unlike their brand these are still able to be put on tripods. I bought two for both of my cameras.

Unfortunately, shortly after my purchase one of the carribeaners broke. I thought maybe I just used it wrong, but then the second sling broke the exact same way so that the carribeaners will no longer lock and the camera falls off from being unsecured. On top of that the sling slides around non stop so that the top falls down and gets tangled when you are trying to shoot.

Great idea but if I were you I would invest in a side sling that has an under the shoulder strap as well and definitely check any reports on breaking parts. This one does it a lot!

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made product, January 14, 2013
This is the first strap I've ever used, besides the basic one that came with my Canon T3i, and I think this strap is great. The piece that screws into the bottom of the camera is all metal and seems very durable. The latch that clips onto the metal part seems durable and locks. For the price its a great deal.

I wanted this type of strap, because the camera hanging from neck strap is uncomfortable and seems way too dorky. The one bad thing I've seen, is that my wife is much shorter, so the strap hangs too low for her, so she or I have to adjust it if we are going to use it for very long, so that it fits properly. With the old hang from the neck strap, one size fits all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it!, April 21, 2014
This is a very cheap strap, so you can't really expect much. But viewing the camera you are going to place on it, it's best to invest in an expensive one.
After 2 weeks of using this strap, the lock of the carabiner just snapped, causing my camera (Canon 6D with Sigma 70-200mm lens) to drop. Putting my working tool at risk like that makes this strap get the lowest rating.
Thank God my camera and lens still works properly.
So, my advice, if you have an expensive DSLR camera, invest in a expensive strap instead of this one. You will be putting your camera at risk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic purchase, October 13, 2014
I used it extensively in my recent trip to Europe where I was carrying my heavy camera for 8+ hours a day for 2 weeks straight. It's super secure, super comfortable. I usually have back pain after carrying around my camera for so long, but with this sling in place, I had no complains. I'd recommend it to enthusiasts with equipments around 2-5 pounds