shutter lag on z990 I takes so long to process between pictures. I missed so many shot at Christmas I just gave up trying to take pictures. Any suggestions?
asked by aurora on January 6, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
votes
Yes, there is a way to handle this. Just depress your shutter button half way after you take your picture and it will not wait the 5 seconds between shots, it will be ready to go right away. Once you depress the shutter button half way and release the preview will disappear and you will be ready to shoot again.
Brian answered on January 11, 2012

A
vote
I timed my processing speed on my camera and it is 8 seconds and seems to take longer after multiple shots. Thanks for the tip about the shutter button. I tried that and it works for about 3 shots than the camera seems to hesitate and the shutter button will not depress. Maybe that is how it is supposed to work and 3 consecutive shots is all that is needed. I just don't know if my camera is working as it should and I am expecting too much or if there is a defect in the camera.

Thanks for the help.
aurora answered on January 12, 2012

A
vote
have you done the firmware upgrade? did wonders for mine!!
wisconsin wildman answered on February 19, 2012

A
votes
Do you have a fast SDHC memory card in the camera? Have you tied switching from continuous auto-focus to single auto-focus and from multi-zone focus to single center weighted?
Keith Blodgett answered on January 10, 2012

A
votes
I have the Transcend 16GB Class 10 SDHC Card and I changed from continuous to single auto focus but it does not seem to make a difference. I called tech support and they don't seem to think it is a problem. I am at the point that to take pictures of children I will need a different camera. This is ok when traveling and I need the zoom but it is disappointing. I did buy a square trade warranty so if there is a defect I should be covered.
aurora answered on January 11, 2012

A
votes
Did you upgrade to firmware version 1.12?
http://support.en.kodak.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40577/~/kodak-easyshare-max-camera,-z990-firmware---windows-operating-systems/selected/true
Blackbear answered on February 19, 2014
‹ Previous   1   Next ›