Does the shutter fire right when you press the shutter release like other DSLRs or is there a delay like every compact digital camera I've ever used?
asked by Dave G on May 9, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
votes
The delay has been very significantly reduced and nearly eliminated with the late June 2013 2.0.2 firmware update.
H. A. answered on July 9, 2013

A
votes
The delay is not due to the shutter. The problem with this camera is it's S L O W auto focus. I'd the camera has the subject in focus it fires immediately when the shutter release is pushed. If you are trying to photograph a moving subject the forget about ever getting the shot with this camera. This camera is excellent for landscapes or anything that doesn't require fast autofocus.
D. Hanson answered on May 9, 2013

A
vote
Usually yes. If you're in an auto mode there me be a delay for focus / light metering etc like most dslrs. However none of that in manual.
Chris B. answered on May 9, 2013

A
vote
Try this configuration: single point Flex Zone, back button focusing, and "manual + Auto focus" that combo works amazing for me. There is no shutter lag, but you do need to use advanced focusing techniques to get focus as fast as you would on a DSLR, but it blows compacts out of the water.
Quickjman answered on February 24, 2014

A
votes
There is no perceptible delay in the time, between depressing the small....almost obscure shutter release button and the soft click of the shutter. The single "learning curve" anomaly I found was, becoming accustomed to framing the shot in the rear viewing display. There is a difference however....dependent on the data writing speed of the flash recording card you choose to purchase. It is the size/weight advantage of this quality camera, which I find the most advantageous.
Gary W. Dodd answered on May 9, 2013

A
votes
After the autofocus turns green it fires immediately with no noticeable delay. With the AF turned off it also fires immediately but takes a fraction of a second to write the picture to the card before being ready to shoot again...I suspect that's more of a function of the SD Card speed and how much you already have stored on the card.
Travis Clinton answered on May 9, 2013

A
votes
No, the shutter has a delay before it fires and it is frustrating.
Ronald M. answered on May 9, 2013

A
votes
There is a delay as the camera focuses. To eliminate the delay, hold the shutter button down halfway until the camera beeps, then push it all the way.
Ted Lichtenheld answered on May 9, 2013

A
votes
The shutter is very sluggish to the point of frustration Missed a lot of pictures of grands
Thomas VC Tanaka answered on May 9, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›