Roku XDS Streaming Player 1080p
Used & New from: $44.31
signal dropping? Love my roku, but recently Netflix shows keep losing the signal. They start back up again (watching the red line as it connects is getting old). It happens every few minutes which just shouldn't happen. Is there some kind of trouble shooting I can do? I use wireless, and this has never been a problem before.
asked by M. Donnelly on April 22, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
At first I gave Roku got a negative review re on amazon but then I found out why I was having so many issues like yours. Like many of Roku users my roku's would constantly drop the wireless signal or would freeze up on me. I had a very powerful router a D-link DIR-655 and everything in my network worked great with this router. One day we got a really bad power surge and needed to replace my trusty router.
I was on a tight budget so couldn't afford another $100.00 router. So I picked up an NETGEAR WNDR3300. I brought a refub so I paid only $36 for it and it is Dual Band. I have my 2 Roku's running on the 5.0 GHz and my PC,Wii, Ipod Touch, Blackberry and Laptops running on 2.4 GHz. I have had this set up for about 3 weeks and not once have I had to reset my Roku's or drop the signal. Everything has been rock solid. So it turns out the issues I was having had to do something with my Router. Roku's seem to be very picky with what Routers they work well with.
O. Torres answered on May 24, 2011
Comment | 5 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I use wireless and occasionally that happens to me. I understand that connecting the roku to your modem/router with an ethernet cable gives a much better connection. Maybe your internet speed isnt fast enough?
IdolFan answered on May 17, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The issue is probably with your Internet Service Provider (ISP). I stream Netflix through my XBox 360 and have the same issue. See if there is a message on your screen. I get a message warning me that my connection speed has dropped. The only thing you can do is complain to your Internet provider; and perhaps you might want to go with a faster connection.
S. Donovan answered on May 18, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
how'd you get your Roku's on the 5.0 channel? I can't get mine to see it.
Sangiovese answered on April 24, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This is caused by a bandwidth issue. There a primarily two choke points when this is happening. 1st is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)
The second choke point is your LAN (Local Area Network) inside your home and controlled by your router.
See my guide on "Cut the cable Cord" for further explanation on what is required by Streaming media.
R. Diamond answered on June 22, 2011
Comment (1) | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product