Customer Discussions > Wii Remote Controller forum

Do silicone jackets come with these remotes?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 7, 2008 11:10:05 PM PST
C. Wang says:
Do silicone jackets come with these remotes? Or do I have to request them from Nintendo? I know new Wii units are now packed with those jackets, but I don't know exactly how many.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2008 9:21:51 AM PST
M. Barnes says:
They should come with them. For a while (right when the Silicone jackets came out) it was a mixed bag. At the stores I went to, they appeared to have the old remote, and the new remotes in a different packaging.

As for buying them online, who really knows. But after the Christmas rush I can't find any remotes at all. But all new shipments should include the cover ... it just depends what inventory the seller is pulling from ... new or old.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2008 12:05:10 PM PST
Yes, I just received a second remote and it came with the silicone jacket.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2008 5:15:27 PM PST
Z. Cheng says:
yes, they do. i got two of them with the skin.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2008 8:12:20 PM PDT
Cory R. says:
I personally don't use the rubber jackets, but Nintendo does offer you up to 4 rubber jackets for free if your system was purchased before they released the jackets (which was fairly recently, so I'm pretty sure the majority of Wii owners are eligible for this offer - and even then I'm not sure how strict they are on who gets these...maybe everyone does).

Just go to http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/jacket/jacketrequest.jsp and fill out the form. It does require the serial number of your Wii, which is located on the bottom of the console I believe (if you have your console standing vertically).

They also offer up to 4 free wrist strap replacements at: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/strapreplace.jsp If you're still using the flawed straps that had a really thin thread where it connected to the remote, I'd suggest grabbing those if you actively play lots of Wii Sports.

This should save some of you the stress of trying to figure out which Wii remote packages come with the rubber jacket

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2008 6:37:45 AM PDT
Jerry Mouse says:
Yes they do, I went to a GameStop store and the owner said they come with the Silicone Jackets. But if you buy a Wii the remote you get does not have a Jacket.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2008 10:20:00 PM PDT
Which is why Nintendo offers one if you contact them. The new wiis and wii play do have the jackets. It depends upon when the unit was made.

Posted on Aug 11, 2009 1:39:08 AM PDT
All new Wiimotes now come with the silicone covers, If you have older Wiimotes you can goto the Nintendo website and order the covers for free.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jan 7, 2008
Latest post:  Aug 11, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Wii Remote Controller
Wii Remote Controller by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (853)