Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Martha Stewart American Made Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Tikes

on January 19, 2011
This can has it all: it's big, it looks really nice, and it has no flaps or moving parts to break or get dirty

Looks great in the kitchen and you just drop trash down the hole. No muss or fuss. I've never liked the foot pedals or swinging lid doors. The lids just seem to get all dirty or get in the way when you want to scrape a plate or empty the dustpan.
As far as trash cans go, this is about the nicest looking simple can you'll find.

The one negative is that it's a little pricey. But I got over that since it's real metal and not cheap plastic. It should outlive plastic cans that break and crack, so maybe it'll make up for the cost.

Never thought I'd post a review of a garbage can. Did you ever imagine you'd be reading a review of a garbage can?
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2009
I hate to say it, but we produce a lot of trash. We've always been slightly mortified by our piles of garbage sitting by the curb when our neighbors have one or two cute little bags out. To make matters worse, we are very hard on our garbage cans. If there are any mechanical components, we break them in a matter of weeks or months or the trash bag tends to rip everytime you take it out of the trash can. Anyway, a small under the sink trash container just wasn't going to work for us nor anything with a flip top lid or other fancy mechanism that is apt to break or tear our trash bag. This can has been fantastic. In fact, my husband and I continue to comment on how much we actually love a trash can.

Holds a ton of garbage. No wimpy white trash bags for us. We use the black trash bags now. Don't have to take out the garbage for 2-3 days at most.
Almost no fingerprints even with a 4 year old and a 1 year old. Looks good all the time. Not easily dented either.
Large opening that allows you to dump anything and everything with ease. No cramming here. No gunk on the lid problem either.
No mechanical parts to break over time. This trash can should last you for a very long time.
Easy to remove trash bags. Even full ones that are tightly packed.
Looks great.

Expensive, but after buying a trash can every year, this one should save us money in the end. We bought ours for about $30 bucks less on another website, but after it took two weeks to get to us, I wish I had bought it from Amazon instead and got it right away.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2011
Love this trash can (to the degree one can love a waste receptacle). Since I must have one in my kitchen - this super cool looking can makes trash fashionable. The sturdy design makes it practical as well. the open top is out of reach of pets, and eliminates the need to touch a lid - or have it fall to the floor every time it is opened. I highly recommend this item.
on January 2, 2012
I have had this can for 13 years. After kids (who became teenagers, who became adults and moved out) and many, many dogs (I fostered rescued German shepherds), this can has taken a beating and I am just now looking to replace it with exactly the same model.

* Heavy, so not easily knocked over
* Liner bag stays put because you use the top to clamp it in place
* The height, combined with the shape of the top, keep wandering dog noses out of the trash
* Cleans up nicely -- I'm just now, after 13 years of heavy-duty use, getting a couple of rust spots
* No mechanical parts to break
* No lid to get all goopy with disposed trash
* HUGE capacity. I saw one reviewer that said 13 gal and 16 gal kitchen bags don't fit -- mine have fit fine for 13 years. I use the Force Flex bags so I can get more stuff in there (I have also used the large black bags without problem).

* Initially kind of pricey -- but if you spread that cost over a decade of use, not too bad!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2007
on August 25, 2008
I purchased a couple of these for my restaurant and they truly look nice when clean and polished. Water spots, fingerprints are all problems...but as long as you maintain the, they look nice and function well. Use a nice stainless steel polish to keep the spots off, or if you don't have use Pledge as it works just as well in most cases.
After one year of ownership, there are a few small spots that look like rust, but this is supposed to be stainless, right? Overall a good product that doesn't require any stepping to open a lid.
on October 27, 2014
With the stainless finish and envisioning my children/husband hitting the rim when throwing stuff away, I suspected before I even got it that it would just end up being another thing to clean. Sure, it's pretty (for a trash can) and I admit I got caught up in the glamour of all the 5 star reviews of love when I should have gone with my instincts. This is not for a busy household where people are home a lot and make a lot of sticky, wet, gooey trash - unless you are really relaxed and don't care about chunks of trashing drying all over the inside of the lid. But if you are contemplating buying a fancy trash bin for over $100 then I suspect you DO care about that sort of thing. If all your trash is dry, and all your trash is neat, then this is a gorgeous piece of art that you should buy.

What I hate is that the stupid thing needs cleaning every day and I have to babysit how we throw our trash away. We are an active household with 3 children, 2 dogs, and a whole host of rodents. At the end of any given day, it just looks fingerprinty and dog nosey on the outside and has all inside the opening gross smears of whatever gets dripped on it when throwing something away. I am no a clean freak and we are not particularly dirty, either. The biggest irritation to me is the plastic shield inside the mouth opening. There is a hard-to-reach crevice under the rim that has to be cleaned. Now I am worried that it is going to rust because I have to wash it so much. So after I wash off the crud, then I have to dry it and buff it. The whole thing just makes me smack my own head because I knew this would be a problem for me.

That being said, some trash bags have to be wrestled to fit in it. The 13 gallon drawstring bags a la Great Value at WalMart have worked the best for me. Glad Force Flex are good, too. All the bags I have used dangle but do not reach the bottom. It hasn't been a problem. Only the most stinky garbage makes a noticeable odor. And only when it is very full can you even see a bit of garbage peeking out. I have not had to clean inside it. Sometimes the bag pulls of and falls inside but only when the bag is very full.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2014
Great can!! I use this as a laundry hamper in the bathroom. It keeps dirty laundry off the floor and holds a lot. The large open top comes in handy to throw laundry into.
on January 7, 2008
I love this trash can. It's sleek, stylish and looks great in my kitchen with my other stainless steel things. When it is full, the trash bag slides out with ease.
on April 12, 2011
I always liked the garbage cans with a hole in the top, even the big ugly ones in parks. I thought these were a splurge so I waited until my cheap old plastic one broke completely to buy this one. I am extremely pleased even after owning it for a few months. It may be the only classy garbage can on the planet.

It's plenty big for kitchen trash and the hole is bigger than I thought. I've never needed to take off the top to fit garbage too big for the hole but you can if needed. If you do get a leak in a bag you can wash the plastic inside bottom. It holds some water between the inside and outside so I had to turn it upside down at a tilt for the day to completely dry it out again, but that's a minor inconvenience. The branded 13 - 16 gallon white liners look great and fit and work well in this can but you just as easily use cheap 30 gallon liners in it, too.