Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: simplehuman Wall Mount Grocery Bag Holder, Brushed Stainless Steel
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on September 16, 2009
I truly like the suggestion from one reviewer, who says his wife instead uses old tissue boxes to hold their clutter of plastic bags. This item is almost exactly that, but a bit more elegant for the kitchen, and with more room for the bags as well as a convenient stuffing hole at the top. I also agree that it is a bit pricey for what it is, but admit that for it's look, construction, and functionality I would expect to pay exactly the $10 that it costs (it is pricier in stores and other websites than at Amazon.com). For the reviewers who's only complaint is that it is impossible to pull just one bag from this dispenser, I suggest the ritual I learned from my father (an engineer - the man has a practical ritual for everything). First, check the plastic bag for holes - no use keeping one that has holes, as they're easily recyclable at any grocery store. Then take the bag in one hand at the bottom of the bag and grip it in your fist. Wrap the bag around your fist like an ace bandage, letting any air out of the top as you wrap. Voila, the bag is not a wadded mess, but rather neatly wadded like, say, a sock. Stuff each bag in the hole this way, and they will easily pull out without tangling with other contained bags.
1111 comments|266 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon March 2, 2007
I am pleased that all my plastic bags fit into this neat little holder because it has freed up a whole cabinet shelf in my kitchen. I debated between this wall-mount unit and the larger unit that sits on a shelf; I choose this one simpley because it hangs on a wall and therefore does not use any shelf space. I wasn't sure that this smaller unit would hold all my plastic bags, but it is actually the perfect size. Whenever I do a lot of shopping, it gets really crammed full, but, since I use the bags for garbage, it also regularly empties out. You can stuff the bags and remove them from either the top or from the front. My husband hung it in the utility room adjacent to our kitchen. Neat.
44 comments|96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2011
I got this on a whim because I kept looking at all the bags in my pantry. This was a good looking choice that was easy to install. It was well made and worth the small cost. I would recommend it to you for your kitchen or pantry.simplehuman Wall Mount Grocery Bag Holder, Brushed Stainless Steel
on January 28, 2008
I have had this simplehuman grocery bag holder for over a month now. It discernibly serves the purpose for which it was devised. Like the product description reads, it has the capacity to hold a maximum of 30 average size grocery bags and helps avoid clutter in an elegant way. It is not the strongest of materials but there are no concerns at all with respect to its sturdiness in holding the bags.

I mounted it inside a kitchen shelf and happen to find it easy to pull one bag out at a time as and when necessary. On occasion two may come out at a time but this should not happen if the bags are not tangled when you put them in the first place!
I ordered this bag holder for my bathroom to hold grocery bags which I use as liners for my bathroom trash can. I am so pleased with it that I am about to order the second holder to hold the extra produce bags (those clear bags for veggies and fruits that I re-use for various purposes in the kitchen).

The bag holder is compact, unobtrusive, and not bad looking. I am attaching two photos.

The first photo show the holder with a ruler taped it to size reference.

The holder is 6.6" wide x 15.75" height x 3/6" depth (measured from the wall, so this is how much it extends from the wall, not its depth which is a bit smaller). The front opening is 1.75" wide and 8.75" long.

The second photo is a series of three photos which show inserting the bag in and removing the bag. The way I insert the bag is that I twist it then stuff it in the top hole, and then drag it down through the front opening. The bag will not go down on its own. Removing the bag is easy by just pulling on it from the front opening.

As I mentioned earlier I plan to use my second bag holder to store and dispense produce bags, which currently create clutter in my kitchen. I am very pleased with this clutter-reducing holder.

Updated 7/7/2011

I now own three of these bag holders. One in the bathroom so I can store and use grocery bags as liners for the trash bin in the bathroom. One in the pantry near the kitchen for general re-use of grocery bags. One in the kitchen to hold and dispense produce bags.

I mounted the kitchen holder on the side of the cabinet using the sticky mounting tape on the back, the other two are mounted using the screws that came with the holder.

As you can tell from multiple purchases I really like this holder!
review image review image
Let me start out by saying that I would not purchase this again. I have a ton of SimpleHuman stuff and I love most of it. This not so much. It is just too narrow and the bags fit too tight to get them out easy unless you just have a three or four in it max. They should have made it wider and the mouth a bit larger as well.
on December 29, 2012
My bag holder arrived in good time and was packaged well. It seems to be well built and heavy duty. The problem is, it is hard to mount.

I first used the supplied sticky tape and it stayed up for about 2 weeks before it came crashing down about three am on a Sunday morning. Good thing it landed in the dog's water dish ... it probably broke its fall!

Screwing it down was my next option but as I wanted to mount it to the back of my kitchen door, two holes in the door did not seem to be appealing to me. Besides, the supplied screws are so small that the heads pass through the slots easily. If you decide to use this method, may I suggest you back up each screw with a small washer.

I elected to try tape again ... but not the tape that came with the item. Instead, I decided to go with 3M's EXTREME indoor/outdoor Rough Surface All-Weather Tape. This stuff is amazing and yes, Amazon sells it! http://www.amazon.com/3M-414P-Extreme-Mounting-Tape/dp/B005SRECEU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1356836926&sr=8-4&keywords=3m+extreme+tape

This tape is simply AMAZING! First, prepare the surface by cleaning it with denatured alcohol (rubbing alcohol will work as well) in order to remove all grease and smoke residue from cooking and frying ... after all, we ARE talking about the kitchen! Next, I used a 1"X2" strip placed in all four corners. Once applied to the surface, be sure to PUSH down firmly and HOLD for at least 30 seconds. Do not use your holder for 24 hours to give the tape sufficient time to adhere. I mounted mine on bricks (a very rough surface) of my built-in BBQ smoker next to my range ... and it is still holding well!

One last suggestion: I started by simply pushing the bags in the top and pulling them out the bottom as needed. This worked well ... for about a week! Eventually I would pull out ONE bag and two or three others would come out with it. Seems my bags had started to tangle with each other inside the holder. At times, they would jam so bad I would end up tearing holes in the bag I was attempting to remove. My 10 year old daughter came up with the solution!

Simply take a new bag by the bottom and twist it around two fingers into a ball. While you are doing this, you are also removing any AIR from inside the bag,. Then when you remove your fingers, push the handle strips inside the hole your fingers left and push the ball into the top of the holder. It is simple and easy to remove a bag from the holder any time you need one and they no longer tangle and raise my blood-pressure. Using this method, I can easily stuff 38 bags into the holder ... more than I will ever need before my next trip to the store for more bags.
on August 2, 2012
If simplehuman designed a phone book, the names would be the same, but somehow the product would be better. This company is the Apple of kitchen/bath accessories, and each product presented is well designed and extremely functional. You get the feeling that the designers at simplehuman actually use the products they design and have figured out a way to make them better.

This grocery bag holder is just another great looking, solidly built accessory that fills a void without being intrusive of space. I have placed it on the wall just inside my pantry door, accessible but not out there as just another piece of clutter. Simplehuman provided screws and well placed mounting holes, but I've found that the double-sided foam tape strips at top and bottom provide all the adhesion I need for the storage of the lightweight grocery bags that my wife insists that she always needs. I simply roll each one into a ball and insert them, which makes each one easier to retrieve as a unit. I picked up that tip from an earlier review right here.
on November 28, 2014
I'm using it in the "icky bathroom" where the cat food, box is. The used litter daily needs something on the wall, and quick and easy.

I read many reviews of these products, and only Simplehuman seems to make them with some forethought of whether it's easy to use, well made.

I do agree that the hole on top to push plastic bags thru is too small. As others suggested, put one bag at a time in there, and keep pushing them thru, but don't stuff. You'll only get one bag each time, so it's worth an extra 2 mins to do this way.
I'm glad I didn't get the deep one, as one customer said the depth made removal time consuming. Made a lot of sense.

This one seem to perform fine so far, and I expect it'll be around for quite a few years.

I've learned as a consumer,that reading reviews has its advantages in saving lots of time trying to find these things, then knowing how well they perform.

Even the "picky consumer" reviews help, since most know the are picky! But that helps, too.
on March 24, 2016
Been using this for 7 years now. Hangs on the inside of a cabinet door in my kitchen. Store's a good 15-20 grocery size plastic bag in it. Still hanging in the same spot I put it many years ago, so I​ can assure you that it will stand the test of time. I use the bags for my lunch so am constantly rotating plastic bags in and out. Would definitely recommend this product.